Dark Crown Surprise

shiningpikablu252

...I really don't know how or when this happened, but somewhere along the way in my main Birthright playthrough, I've managed to procure a Dark Crown.  I noticed I had it shortly after having my avatar beat Leo to clear chapter 18 (meaning I'm parked in the chapter 19 position), as I was shuffling some accessories to put Orochi back in the prison and Izana in my armory (I'd moved Orochi to the armory after opting to go Basara with Hayato to keep tomes on sale; Saizo manned the prison in the interim), but I have no clue how I managed to actually get it.  Now that I've gotten it, its full descrption is now available on the wiki.  I'm going ahead and sharing a few of my Birthright file's statistics as of my last save (with only one further battle after having recruited Izana)  in case they might play in to how I managed to acquire the Dark Crown and could serve as a key to unlocking the mystery as to how I managed to obtain it:

• Accessories:  1858
  • Bond units:  149
  • Battle points:  12706
  • Visit points:  48513

If you want to see my Dark Crown in action, my current castle update has my avatar wearing it.  The address is 05002-65962-89842-33117.  Note that the update where I'm wearing the Dark Crown won't be up for long--next time I hit "Update data" on one of my castles, there won't be a Dark Crown on my avatar...

1 minute ago, shiningpikablu252 said:

No, the Dark Crown can't be gifted.  That's one reason why I didn't notice I even had it until I was rearranging my facility jobs, since I gift accessories all the time while visiting other castles...

Dang, but at least we know where it DIDN'T come from.  I need to check if I happen to have them, since I rarely use the accessories as is (everyone gets Tiki's Crown on their birthday).

10 hours ago, Fastesthe1 said:

Dang, but at least we know where it DIDN'T come from.  I need to check if I happen to have them, since I rarely use the accessories as is (everyone gets Tiki's Crown on their birthday).

Wait what? An accessory for playing on my birthday? Goodness, that would have been good to know - I always played Awakening on my birthday to hear everyone wish me well in the Barracks but never thought about Fates at all. Thankfully it's coming up soon.

1 hour ago, SoulWeaver said:

Wait what? An accessory for playing on my birthday? Goodness, that would have been good to know - I always played Awakening on my birthday to hear everyone wish me well in the Barracks but never thought about Fates at all. Thankfully it's coming up soon.

No, I meant that I GIVE everyone Tiki's crown on their birthday (that I got from Marth amiibo).  Sorry for the misunderstanding. orz

Edited by Fastesthe1

5 hours ago, Fastesthe1 said:

No, I meant that I GIVE everyone Tiki's crown on their birthday (that I got from Marth amiibo).  Sorry for the misunderstanding. orz

Haha, it's cool. Really, I should be playing Fates on my birthday too regardless.

21 hours ago, Fastesthe1 said:

I thought you couldn't give the amiibo present accessories? It never let me.

Edited by Alastor15243

5 hours ago, Alastor15243 said:

I thought you couldn't give the amiibo present accessories? It never let me.

To your own units when they ask to give them a present on their own birthdays (like Jakob a few days ago), not to other players.

Ugh, it seems I created a post full of misunderstandings... orz

EDIT: Anyway I checked all my saves on my Fates cartidage (my default Revelation, my male Corrin Revelation, my Birthright, my Conquest, and even my brother's file that he hasn't touched in nearly a year) and no Dark Crown or Hoshido Crown in sight.  But I am nearing 9999 visit points!  :D  Don't know if it's related, but excited regardless.

Edited by Fastesthe1