When will laguz be added to heroes?

Dragoncat

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Nowi is blue because sure, why not. Lightning Breath+. Sure. Why not.

I think that is a reference to Awakening's Dragonstone, which is a range 1-2 weapon.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Medal of Honor: Allied Assault and Hearts of Iron were the two games that led me towards fascination with military history, starting with WWII.

WWII was interesting because boats. These floating runways that have become rampant in modern times are nothing compared to boats. With cannons.

3 minutes ago, XRay said:

I think that is a reference to Awakening's Dragonstone, which is a range 1-2 weapon.

Mist Breath is a 1-2 range weapon, too, as are all of FE3's breath weapons.

WWII was interesting because boats. These floating runways that have become rampant in modern times are nothing compared to boats. With cannons.

Except floating runways ruled the seas of WWII, while boats with cannons were living out their last days.

Which is a shame indeed. Boats with cannons were cool.

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Boats with cannons were cool hot.

Exactly. Akagi's and Kaga's runways are nothing compared to Iowa's and Yamato's bazookas, the two best waifus.

Looks like we've got a comedian here, adding laguz, what's next, micaiah? lief? a new manakete that isn't from fates or awakening? We will sooner get hentai xander or another form of lucina than any of those things on that list.

I think laguz could be added easy-peasey. Stone users that target def instead of res, besides the dragons, who can wait their damn turn.

You don't even have to lock it to movement type. Wolves colorless, cats green, tigers blue, lions red. Taguel probably colorless if they squeeze in with them. Probably make them horse type movement. 

Hawks green, ravens blue, herons colorless, maybe the heron(s) can have a reaper card type weapon, for flavor.

You think the tellius dragons could and should be armored units? I don't think its necessary, but it could add a little variety. But then do they eat extra damage for both Falchions and armorslayers? Might be excessive. 

4 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

You can't even say that "axes are the power option so lions should be green" because fire is the power option for magic, and fire is red.

Isn't thunder the power option for magic? Granted, that's still the wrong colour.

Anyway, at this point, they really should just do it so we know what they're going to do, rather than leave us in a much longer-lasting suspense than the Sacred Coins thing.

...It doesn't help that we got a 'batch' of Tellius characters with no laguz blood.

It's not really fair to compare laguz with manaketes. Manaketes have been a staple of the franchise since day 1, not including them in Heroes would be sacrilege. Just be patient and they will come eventually. Selkie and Velouria are pretty popular, so they will have to address the beast units eventually. 

6 minutes ago, bethany81707 said:

Isn't thunder the power option for magic? Granted, that's still the wrong colour.

I don't know about more recent games, but traditionally

• Swords are speed.
  • Lances are balance.
  • Axes are power.
  • Fire is power.
  • Thunder is critical rate.
  • Wind is speed.

9 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

Putting aside colors, isn't quite likely that beast folk get cavalry movement as manaketes are infantry and bird laguz are, well... fliers?

I like that idea. Melee infantry are pretty underwhelming, so the least they can do is give them better movement and classify them as cavalry.

Edited by XRay

13 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

Putting aside colors, isn't quite likely that beast folk get cavalry movement as manaketes are infantry and bird laguz are, well... fliers?

It would be amazing if all it took to fence in a cat was a bush or a tree every meter or two.

16 hours ago, YouSquiddinMe said:

Thracia and FE4 have less representation in Heroes atm. I think Radiant Dawn exclusive characters are limited to Sanaki though.

We have 12 Jugdral Characters and 10 Tellius Characters, so this isn't true.

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

It would be amazing if all it took to fence in a cat was a bush or a tree every meter or two.

More amazing than Pegasus knight unable fly over simple half-broken wall?

I agree it would be weird though.

Edited by Tenzen12

2 minutes ago, Noni said:

Hold up. I think Magvel has the short end of the stick now that I think about it.

Eirika, Ephraim, Innes, Tana, Seth, Amelia, Valter, Lute... I think that is eight.

Tokyo Mirage Session, Cipher, and Warriors have no representation at all.

36 minutes ago, Noni said:

In raw numbers you're correct, but Tellius has a higher percentage of its cast represented. Jugdral has over 100 different playable characters, which is not even including significant bosses which it also has a massive amount of. 

1 hour ago, Noni said:

Oh, that's right, there was a new FE4 banner recently. I wasn't playing heroes at the time.

16 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Not really. They're no different than dragons that target Def instead of Res by default.

Which would make them the same as swords/spears/axes, no?

What would be the point of it?

2 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

Well, they wouldn't be targeted by skills that specifically target swords/lances/axes, like the current breaker skills and such. So there's that, I guess.

9 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

• Cannot be targeted by Weaponbreakers.
  • Cannot be targeted by Windsweep (might be modified to include Strikes because Watersweep works on Breath weapons).
  • Cannot be buffed by Geirskogul or Dark Aura (Dark Aura might be modified to include Strikes because it works on Breath weapons, Geirskogul might be modified to include Strikes because it works on all other physical weapons).
  • Potential access to Hone/Fortify/Goad/Ward skills that target the Strike weapon type (similar to Fortify Dragons for Breath weapons).
  • Potential to be targeted by effective damage against the Strike weapon type (similar to Falchion for Breath weapons).

1 minute ago, Vince777 said:

Why don't they just make them occupy a niche that does not exist, like colorless melee?

Because that significantly stifles diversity and makes Skill Inheritance of weapons more complicated.

53 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

If they're going the triangle physical melee route, they should give them an additional gimmick that's very specific to them. 

And I would argue that the gimmick of being melee colorless is exactly that: a gimmick.

In terms of gameplay, a colorless unit needs either very high offensive stats (e.g. Bride Cordelia, Brave Lyn) or very high defensive stats (e.g. Halloween Jakob) (or superior support options) to be useful because unlike colored units, they have no access to weapon triangle advantage to boost their offensive or defensive stats against specific opponents.

Furthermore, they would suffer from the issue that they can only initiate combat at melee range. Besides the obvious reduced effective reach, this also causes problems with the fact that melee initiation is more prone to receiving counterattacks. Without access to effective damage mitigation options in the form of massive Def stats or Brave or Firesweep weapons, colorless melee is doomed to take heavy damage on the counterattack, limiting them to single-use units that are expended after one round of combat.

tl;dr: Being colorless is suffering unless your stat distribution is perfect (or you have access to really good support options).