Which Weapons should an Avatar use?

Noni

Which Weapons should the Avatar use?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the first Weapon of the Avatar?

• Sword
    • Lance
    • Axe
    • Bow
    • Light Magic
    • Dark Magic
    • Anima Magic
    • Staff
  2. 2. What should be his/her second Weapon upon Promotion

• Sword
    • Lance
    • Axe
    • Bow
    • Light Magic
    • Dark Magic
    • Anima Magic
    • Staff

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always felt that the ability to pick would be preferable, being able to pick any weapon from the game's selection is a nice idea for character creation, I would love 'make your own class', I hate how I can't make a class truly my own, I can't even change the name and description, I can't even make a description for my character, so I guess I don't want an avatar anymore, three times in a row they botched it up to some degree with it getting progressively worse each time.

I'm personally sad about the lack of Lance using lords in Fire Emblem. For me, My absolute favorite weapon is a Lance and my Second favorite is a Bow/Sword. That's why i tend to choose cavalier as my class for fates/awakening because i like having good mobility and being able to use lances and swords. I though it would be cool with the next game if they brought back PoR style paladin changes. Where you'd be a base Sword/Lance/Axe/Bow cav, and once promoted, could choose your 2nd weapon. In PoR, Whenever my cavs promoted i gave them bows because of how useful they were in the game (Cept Astrid since she comes with it, usually gave her swords because they're more accurate). If you give me a list of classes in a MMORPG and a Lancer is in there, You better bet your ass I'm choosing it.

Is it cheap to be able to pick a secondary weapon? If recruitable avatars returned, that'd quite the hell of a boon. It would also be hell in pvp matches. Anyway, I immediately picked bow as my primary, and dark magic as my secondary. (I would've picked hidden weapons with bow as secondary, but we are unaware if they'll return.)

1 hour ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

One of the reasons I want the leak to be real is to choose your weapon type for our Avatar so that's my answer but for poll it 1st: Lance, 2nd Light Magic

Well, I wanted to ask the Question mainly for the case, that the leak is true and which Weapons one would choose in that case, while also wording it neutrally enough, that the Poll could work withou knowing about the Leaks.

For some Reason, I thought, it would be something of a Spoiler to discuss Leak-Stuff in other Threads than the Leak-Thread.

If we get a customizable avatar, I'd rather them be an optional party member with no relevance to the plot, and that means freedom to choose their classes and such. Thus, this poll doesn't really apply to me.

A combination I would love to use if given the choice on useable weapons would be Axe and Dark Magic, I will add though that I dislike the Avatars class being pre selected instead of up to the player same thing with the weapons. In general the avatars for Fire Emblem are very lacking in customizable options compared to other games that feature a character creation such as Dragon Age Inquisition.

No option for all of them? I'm talking about letting players choose the starting class and thus the starting weapons like in New Mystery. Let me choose to start as a Peg knight or cavalier or something!

But I voted lance and light magic.

I would perfer a pickable weapon type (with a legendary weapon that either had no type, could change types, or had a type picked on character creation.)

That being said, I would like a bow lord, a dagger lord, or a magic user lord, because they play the most differently from the sword using lords i have played as in literaly every fe before this.

Edited by sirmola

Being able to pick the weapon seems to be the only option. But then again lies the question of how that'd even work with a given class. A better question would be what kind of unit would the avatar be, with weapons following suit

1 hour ago, Motendra said:

Being able to pick the weapon seems to be the only option. But then again lies the question of how that'd even work with a given class. A better question would be what kind of unit would the avatar be, with weapons following suit

The base class would be a unique custom jack of all trades class that's flexible with even more customization with the boon/bane.

11 hours ago, Anacybele said:

No option for all of them? I'm talking about letting players choose the starting class and thus the starting weapons like in New Mystery. Let me choose to start as a Peg knight or cavalier or something!

There seems to be still some Confusion.

The Question was generally meant as "Which Weapon would you pick, if you can pick the starting Weapon and the secondary Weapon in the Game", but most seem to understand the Question as "Which Weapon should an uncostomizable Avatar Class have".

1 hour ago, Noni said:

There seems to be still some Confusion.

The Question was generally meant as "Which Weapon would you pick, if you can pick the starting Weapon and the secondary Weapon in the Game", but most seem to understand the Question as "Which Weapon should an uncostomizable Avatar Class have".

Well, you never clarified that in the OP. You probably ought to. My bad though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...