Warriors: Fates DLC set for the 21st

Jedi

FEW-Famitsu171205.jpg

No better quality images yet but RPGamer confirmed the date and also we have new costumes, 3 history maps based around Azura, Niles and Oboro, along with more stuff I wish we could read right now.

oozh1Mi.jpg

Edited by Jedi

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maid Camilla, Butler Takumi, Hoshido Noble F!Corrin and Nohrrin.

I demand Oboro drooling over Takumi's new outfit.

I wonder if Niles will have the generic moveset. That'd make four.

Edited by Thane

You know, I just had a feeling the release date would be revealed by this morning...  I don't know why, but it's good to know my third eye is still sharp as ever.  Don't ask where my third eye is located; the answer will quite literally shatter your mind.

And it'll be just in time for the holidays.  I have a sneaking suspicion that someone will get me a Switch for Christmas, and I'll be wanting to get this game along with Mario, so it seems like I'll be able to play as lopsided-legging songstress, creepy bisexual bandit, and the most fashionable racist FE has ever seen right off the bat.  And it will be right off the bat, because I'm a sucker and will immediately buy the Season Pass just like I did with Fates.

6 minutes ago, Thany said:

If you are able to find a picture with a better zoom up on the artical. mind sharing it? I wanna get a closer look at the screenshots.

We don't have any proper scans yet, this is the best we have until tomorrow I think.

Finally Azura is here, and she looks gorgeous! Relevant M. Bison. Does she have a support with Corrin?

Dark Dress Azura, Hoshido Noble F!Corrin, and Nohr Noble M!Corrin were expected, but still nice to see. Felicia and Jakob got indirect representation too. And we got armor break costumes for Camilla, Sakura, and Elise for those who care for such things...

It seems that the three new History Maps are based on Chapter 5, Birthright Chapter 9, and and Conquest Chapter 8 (i.e. the chapters where you first recruit Azura, Oboro, and Niles).

And it will all release before I go on vacation, that's always good.

Seems I was 4 for 5 on the costumes; didn't expect Takumi to get anything, but besides that it's what I expected.

M!Corrin's Nohr Noble outfit looks so neat; shame they're the worst character in the game to play as.

1 hour ago, Lightchao42 said:

It seems that the three new History Maps are based on Chapter 5, Birthright Chapter 9, and and Conquest Chapter 8 (i.e. the chapters where you first recruit Azura, Oboro, and Niles).

Huh...  I think I can see those maps in the pictures, now that you mention it.  I guess I was right about Oboro and Niles' History Maps, then.  Interesting that they chose the one that is literally Azura's first appearance as a playable character...  I was with others in thinking that it'd be a Revelation chapter or something else.

Which means we can assume that the same will be true for the others.  So in the future DLC, we can expect the History Maps to likely be of Chapter 3 of Shadow Dragon (Navarre; Samsooth Mountains), Chapter 10 of SD (Minerva; Castle Deil), Chapter 11 of SD (Linde; Knorda Market), Chapter 9 of Awakening (Tharja; Plegia Castle), Chapter 11 of Awakening (Olivia; Border Wastes, AKA the battle with Gangrel), and Paralogue 5 of Awakening (Owain; Sage's Hamlet).

M-MAID CAMILLA?!?!?!?!?

NOHRIAN PRINCE CORRIN?!?!?!?!?

POSSIBLE HINTS THAT NILES COULD HAVE A UNIQUE MECHANIC, ALLOWING ME TO THROW THIS IN THE MORONS ON THE INTERNET THAT THOUGHT THAT THE DLC CHARACTERS WOULD BE CLONES' FACES?!?!?!?!?!

BUTLER TAKUMI?!?!?!?!?!

Thank you, Koei Techmo.

This truly is a perfect game.

It's nice to finally see some information about the DLC. The alt costumes don't really interest me besides Azura's but I am looking forward to the new history maps and the fact that we will finally have lance users who are not Pegasus  Knights. Hopefully Azura and Oboro aren't clones of each other.

46 minutes ago, Dragonage2ftw said:

M-MAID CAMILLA?!?!?!?!?

NOHRIAN PRINCE CORRIN?!?!?!?!?

POSSIBLE HINTS THAT NILES COULD HAVE A UNIQUE MECHANIC, ALLOWING ME TO THROW THIS IN THE MORONS ON THE INTERNET THAT THOUGHT THAT THE DLC CHARACTERS WOULD BE CLONES' FACES?!?!?!?!?!

BUTLER TAKUMI?!?!?!?!?!

Thank you, Koei Techmo.

This truly is a perfect game.

Where are you getting this Niles could have a unique mechanic? May I remind you that Niles is already in the game as a clone, so he will almost assuredly be a clone.

15 minutes ago, Jonahtron said:

Where are you getting this Niles could have a unique mechanic? May I remind you that Niles is already in the game as a clone, so he will almost assuredly be a clone.

According to a few people, the article states that he uses Lethality in his moveset. The moveset they have in game are nothing but placeholders, the same movesets every generic enemy commander and unit uses. It makes sense for them to have new movesets, in theory, considering its nothing more than a generic enemy moveset. Look at Owain for example, where he uses Ryoma's moveset and has lightning attacks. It doesnt make any sense given the situation.

5 hours ago, Thane said:

I demand Oboro drooling over Takumi's new outfit.

I want her to critique Lucina's fashion sense.

Anywho, Azura looks nice and stuff. Seems a bit strange that Takumi is a butler, but he looks the most like Jakob I guess. Then the irony that Camilla's bonus costume is probably the most conservative of her costumes.

Azura looks so pretty.

Also, I like the butler and maid costumes. I wonder if in the new DLC maps, they will substitute Felicia/Flora and Jakob, if they have lines that is.

21 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

According to a few people, the article states that he uses Lethality in his moveset. The moveset they have in game are nothing but placeholders, the same movesets every generic enemy commander and unit uses. It makes sense for them to have new movesets, in theory, considering its nothing more than a generic enemy moveset. Look at Owain for example, where he uses Ryoma's moveset and has lightning attacks. It doesnt make any sense given the situation.

Lethality will likely just be one of his specials, or his skill. The generic archer movset is the same as the playable archers, so Niles will likely have the same moveset.

Also, it makes perfect since for Owain to have Lightning powers. Remember how good his magic is?

24 minutes ago, Jonahtron said:

Lethality will likely just be one of his specials, or his skill. The generic archer movset is the same as the playable archers, so Niles will likely have the same moveset.

Also, it makes perfect since for Owain to have Lightning powers. Remember how good his magic is?

Proof that they'll just be clones in the DLC?

However this goes down, someone tag me on the 21st and let me know if Azura and Oboro have different movesets - this is literally one of only two things the Season Pass hangs on for me, the other one being Olivia better have a unique moveset, and if Azura does then I'll place my faith in Olivia having one as well and go for the Pass.

2 minutes ago, Fulush said:

Are we talking the 21st in Japan or worldwide?

Also, yay Azura! I can finally take antitriangle off of Lissa and have my infantry axe user back.

21st in Japan only. It comes out 31st for the rest of us.

I expected Hoshido Noble and Nohrian Noble costumes for female and male Corrin. Maid Tiddymonster and Butler Taco Meat are pretty neat too, though.

And hey, we got a fourth character as well; that dark-robed singer from Conquest whose name we never figure out. I wonder if they'll finally reveal more about her here.

Interesting: Oboro seems to have a Naginata in her official art. That seems to line up with my theory that everyone is going to get a unique weapon sooner or later. (And I guess Oboro's Naginata and Niles's Bow will be released from unused dat hell this winter.)

This has made me very excited. But I wish the release date was closer, but oh well, I'm glad the wait is almost finally over.

Also one of the supports I was hoping for Azura + Corrin is a thing and I'm happy about that.

Also I wonder if Azura's Blessed Lance is her personal weapon or considered like a normal weapon, because they never stated any new personal weapons for this pack. Only for the Shadow Dragon and Awakening packs.

Edited by Legend_of_Zelia