Warriors: Fates DLC set for the 21st

Jedi

So excited to have a date on this, I just wish it would have come on the 14th. I've been intentionally going slowly through Warriors so I could use a dang infantry lance set.

The costumes are also pretty nice. I dig Butler Takumi a lot. Kiiiind of surprised we didn't see a Caeldori costume for Cordelia, but I suppose their designs aren't as different as Owain/Odin (almost certainly happening, lets be real) or Tharja/Rhajat. Or maybe saved for the awakening pack. Awakening: Featuring More Fates

Touching on the weapon conversation, I do wonder what's going on with that. The numbers listed on the SD & Awakening packs only line up if you count their DLC units (And Anna as SD), but Azura, Oboro & Niles are clearly wielding their own weapons. Maybe they just forgot the line about it in the eshop blurb?

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, r_n said:

So excited to have a date on this, I just wish it would have come on the 14th. I've been intentionally going slowly through Warriors so I could use a dang infantry lance set.

The costumes are also pretty nice. I dig Butler Takumi a lot. Kiiiind of surprised we didn't see a Caeldori costume for Cordelia, but I suppose their designs aren't as different as Owain/Odin (almost certainly happening, lets be real) or Tharja/Rhajat. Or maybe saved for the awakening pack. Awakening: Featuring More Fates

Touching on the weapon conversation, I do wonder what's going on with that. The numbers listed on the SD & Awakening packs only line up if you count their DLC units (And Anna as SD), but Azura, Oboro & Niles are clearly wielding their own weapons. Maybe they just forgot the line about it in the eshop blurb?

If we didn't get an Odin costume here, I doubt we're getting it at all.

19 minutes ago, Hardin said:

If there is an Odin costume, they won't release it before Owain is playable. That's just common sense. 

Right, forgot about that. Still, I don't think (hope) they'll dedicate part of the Awakening pack to Fates.

5 hours ago, Dragonage2ftw said:

Proof that they'll just be clones in the DLC?

Well, Azura is getting a full page to show her off, while Oboro and Niles are  cramped into a single page segment smaller than the one for the 4 costumes. I'd guess if Niles had a new moveset/fighting style compared to his npc self and other archers they'd be highlighting it there, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Edited by NeonZ

1 hour ago, Sbuscoz said:

I hope we get a Camilla/Azura support, I don't get why it wasn't in fates.

Because characters in Fates only had three same-gender supports (+1 in Rev for route-exclusive characters) and Camilla prioritized her retainers and Elise (and Hinoka in Rev).

I, too, hope to see this support.

13 minutes ago, Florete said:

Because characters in Fates only had three same-gender supports (+1 in Rev for route-exclusive characters) and Camilla prioritized her retainers and Elise (and Hinoka in Rev).

I, too, hope to see this support.

They kind of had a nice conversation in the Nohrian Festival of Bonds DLC that never got released in US. Their conversation got translated and it was pretty nice. I wouldn't mind seeing something like that again between the two of them.

Edited by Legend_of_Zelia

10 hours ago, Tolvir said:

According to a few people, the article states that he uses Lethality in his moveset. The moveset they have in game are nothing but placeholders, the same movesets every generic enemy commander and unit uses. It makes sense for them to have new movesets, in theory, considering its nothing more than a generic enemy moveset. Look at Owain for example, where he uses Ryoma's moveset and has lightning attacks. It doesnt make any sense given the situation.

Chrom has lightning. Lucina has lightning. Lissa has lightning. By referencing TMS with Chrom's lightning affinity and spitballing from there, FEW kinda made it the element of the Yllisean royal family.

*sigh*

I wish I had a Switch, the game looks good.

4 hours ago, Legend_of_Zelia said:

They kind of had a nice conversation in the Nohrian Festival of Bonds DLC that never got released in US. Their conversation got translated and it was pretty nice. I wouldn't mind seeing something like that again between the two of them.

I'm pretty confident they will have a support since all the siblings interact with the sibling they couldn't interact with in this game.

Good thing they managed to make an outfit for Camilla that looks properly dressed. I kinda wondered if Takumi had the butler outfit from Jakob since Takumi does have a support conversation with Jakob and the Butler suit does looked very much looked like it's Jakob's outfit as well. Also, I kinda wondered how Niles will get a support conversation with Owain when they release Owain along with the other 2 Awakening characters in the DLC in the future, I kinda wondered if Niles might look at Owain be like he probably recognizing Owain as someone he knows since Owain and Odin are the same characters and I think he's getting one for Leo as well.

Edited by King Marth 64

I'm actually happy about Camilla's maid outfit because her normal outfit is so hideous in my opinion.

But anyway, I can't really see Niles having anything but a generic moveset since he currently uses a lot of the same moves as the other archers. But I've heard that he doesn't have a full moveset as an npc, so I suppose the missing things could be something different. Either way, I like Niles, so I'd probably get the pack just for him. At the very least, he'll make those archer only history mode maps easier.

21 hours ago, Tolvir said:

According to a few people, the article states that he uses Lethality in his moveset. The moveset they have in game are nothing but placeholders, the same movesets every generic enemy commander and unit uses. It makes sense for them to have new movesets, in theory, considering its nothing more than a generic enemy moveset. Look at Owain for example, where he uses Ryoma's moveset and has lightning attacks. It doesnt make any sense given the situation.

Are you saying Owain using Lightinign doesn't make sense? Th elogic here is the exact same one as Lissa: 50% is because Chrom (family member) is associated witht he element through TMS#FE, 50% because the magic weapon from Awakening is Lighting-based (Bolt Axe, Levin sword).

Owain even has a bigger thing going for him, as he can have Ryoma's "moveset" in Fates.

20 hours ago, Dragonage2ftw said:

Proof that they'll just be clones in the DLC?

I have none really. But do you have proof they won’t? Both are equally likely, but I expect them to choose the lazier option.

Yes! Finally! Azura looks absolutely gorgeous and I am so happy she's coming, me getting a Switch can't come soon enough. Also like the new costumes, feels like a reference to Felicia and Jakob.

Does anyone know when we should expect to get higher quality scans so the screenshots and text aren't so blurry when doomed in?

3 minutes ago, Solaris998 said:

Yes! Finally! Azura looks absolutely gorgeous and I am so happy she's coming, me getting a Switch can't come soon enough. Also like the new costumes, feels like a reference to Felicia and Jakob.

Does anyone know when we should expect to get higher quality scans so the screenshots and text aren't so blurry when doomed in?

The issue of famitsu should drop in (japan time) later today. So later tonight or early tomorrow for us, most likely

47 minutes ago, r_n said:

The issue of famitsu should drop in (japan time) later today. So later tonight or early tomorrow for us, most likely

Well of course as soon as I say that I look around and it appears the higher quality scans are out now, so someone who can read Japanese should start looking at that-

Edited by Solaris998

Of course they'd only show off the broken armor models of the younger sisters and Camilla...  And Camilla's is about what you'd expect without it being just a straight up two-piece bikini.  Come on, where's a shot of Takumi wearing his beach shorts?  Or Leo in his?  I need my Memekumi and Tomato Prince fanservice, goddammit!

Now that we got a better quality pic, that bottom shot on the second page definitely looks like Niles using Lethality; I assume that's his special.  I wonder what stylish move his fashionable counterpart is using?

Loosely and very quickly translated, "it's not just women, but male soldiers also get their clothes torn off!" 

"A cold summer gets hot!" (shows only pictures of Camilla, Sakura and Elise).

Welp, that's about what one would expect.

From RotomGuy at Reddit:

Releases December 21st.

Oboro has the skill "Counter". If attacked while blocking, the enemy's stun gauge will be opened.

Niles has the skill "Lethality". Increases critical hit damage dependant on luck.

Azura has an ability similar to the staff use of other characters called "Dance", where she can restore the Musou and Awakening bars of her allies.

A new item can be equipped in the potion/staff/dance section that increases rate of Support gain.

White Bloodline F!Corrin, Dark Bloodline M!Corrin, Maid Camilla, Butler Takumi costumes can be unlocked on the new History Maps.

Dark Dancer Azura is unlocked when Azura is unlocked.

Every Fates character now has Broken Armour models.

As suspected, History Maps are based on Mother (all routes 5), Izana's Palace (BR 9) and the Ice Tribe Village (CQ 8).

Update from RotomGuy: Apparently some of the text says that Azura uses water and singing in her strings, which means that she and Oboro may have unique movesets from one another!

Edited by Azz

1 hour ago, Azz said:

From RotomGuy at Reddit:

Releases December 21st.

Oboro has the skill "Counter". If attacked while blocking, the enemy's stun gauge will be opened.

Niles has the skill "Lethality". Increases critical hit damage dependant on luck.

Azura has an ability similar to the staff use of other characters called "Dance", where she can restore the Musou and Awakening bars of her allies.

A new item can be equipped in the potion/staff/dance section that increases rate of Support gain.

White Bloodline F!Corrin, Dark Bloodline M!Corrin, Maid Camilla, Butler Takumi costumes can be unlocked on the new History Maps.

Dark Dancer Azura is unlocked when Azura is unlocked.

Every Fates character now has Broken Armour models.

As suspected, History Maps are based on Mother (all routes 5), Izana's Palace (BR 9) and the Ice Tribe Village (CQ 8).

Update from RotomGuy: Apparently some of the text says that Azura uses water and singing in her strings, which means that she and Oboro may have unique movesets from one another!

It could just be specials. Best just to keep expectations on that front low until otherwise stated.

Oh, and does Sakura's broken armor model remind anyone else of a FF white mage?