Warriors: Fates DLC set for the 21st

Jedi

24 minutes ago, Florete said:

Best to avoid Twitter comments, there will always be someone complaining. If Ike and Roy get in, they'll complain about Hector. With Hector, in, Ephraim next, then Alm, etc.

I'm just happy the game has been successful regardless.

You're right. I know that (with YouTube at least and the same seems to apply here), but I look anyway.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

*Sigh* People were still clamoring for Ike...

People will still beg and complain about this. No matter what, they will complain and beg through those overrated stupids memes for Ike and Roy. lol

I wonder if they think the complaining will get them somewhere. lol

But anyways, back to the topic.

new-support-convos.png
Poor Frederick. lol

22 minutes ago, Legend_of_Zelia said:

People will still beg and complain about this. No matter what, they will complain and beg through those overrated stupids memes for Ike and Roy. lol

I wonder if they think the complaining will get them somewhere. lol

But anyways, back to the topic.

new-support-convos.png
Poor Frederick. lol

More like poor anyone who talks to him. Think it's like a game to the writers to see just how many innuendos they can fit into one conversation?

4 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

More like poor anyone who talks to him. Think it's like a game to the writers to see just how many innuendos they can fit into one conversation?

It's what I like about his character. So yes. I want to see what they do with him. xD

2 hours ago, Jedi said:

That's not going to stop people from wanting him, Roy and others, and being upset about Lyn and Celica "taking their slots".

People take rosters very personally, take it from someone who's into quite a few fighting game franchises, it's amazing the impact one ommison can have on people (such as in KoF12 I believe it was not having Mai starting the No Mai No Buy, campaign).

- I've heard some people try to direct that anger towards Oboro and Niles... even though they wound up NPCs with barely any actual work done on their playable variants before release.  It's easy for me to pick at the "slots" argument though because I've never been one to subscribe to it.

- Yeah, all one needs to do is look at Tekken 7 and SC V.  They remove some characters from the roster, and that's all anyone will ever talk about.  That's why it's so difficult to make a long-winding story that extends to beyond two or three generations with fighting games, which seems to be pretty much what SC V tried.  Granted, I personally think those are very grievous mistakes; you need to have a good reason to remove a character, and there's almost seldom a good reason to remove a moveset entirely.  Though this is quite a different case, as technically all characters in the game are additions from nothing.  The disappointments come more from expectations rather than the "removal" of a character.

42 minutes ago, Legend_of_Zelia said:

new-support-convos.png
Poor Frederick. lol

Looks like Frederick doesn't like his... rhetoric...

I'm so sorry...

27 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Think it's like a game to the writers to see just how many innuendos they can fit into one conversation?

I almost think that's the sole reason why they made him.

Then again, I'm not much better.

33 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

- Yeah, all one needs to do is look at Tekken 7 and SC V.  They remove some characters from the roster, and that's all anyone will ever talk about.  That's why it's so difficult to make a long-winding story that extends to beyond two or three generations with fighting games, which seems to be pretty much what SC V tried.  Granted, I personally think those are very grievous mistakes; you need to have a good reason to remove a character, and there's almost seldom a good reason to remove a moveset entirely.  Though this is quite a different case, as technically all characters in the game are additions from nothing.  The disappointments come more from expectations rather than the "removal" of a character.

Looks like Frederick doesn't like his... rhetoric...

I'm so sorry...

I almost think that's the sole reason why they made him.

Then again, I'm not much better.

To be fair, I still want Wolf, but that didn't make me hate Smash 4.

Surely you're not that bad. It seems that almost every sentence he utters has some innuendo.

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

To be fair, I still want Wolf, but that didn't make me hate Smash 4.

Surely you're not that bad. It seems that almost every sentence he utters has some innuendo.

- Yeah, and that's really how it should be.  A roster doesn't ever make up 100% of a game's entertainment value.

- It was more a comparison of myself to the writers, not Niles himself.  Though I do know some people who are pretty much one-track types of conversationalists like Niles can be.

4 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

- I've heard some people try to direct that anger towards Oboro and Niles... even though they wound up NPCs with barely any actual work done on their playable variants before release.  It's easy for me to pick at the "slots" argument though because I've never been one to subscribe to it

I feel like saying "barely any work done" on the characters already in the game is a bit much. 3 of them are explicit clones, so they only really needed their specials and skills set up. Judging by some of Niles' leftovers, supports were probably in the process of being written, and we know there's voiced dialog already for map stuff that only makes sense if a player. And being enemy units likely means they already had their stats planned out. Navarre in particular I feel was probably pretty far along, just judging by how much presence he has in story bits despite never being fightable outside the later history mode maps. Certainly there's more to them to finish them out, but it's not like there was barely anything there. 

That said, that's irrelevant to the "slots" discussion, yeah. They're clones. It's like blaming, I don't know, Dark Pit on not getting Ridley in smash 4. And god could you imagine if Ike did get in "in place" of Celica and he was a clone of *rolls dice* the twins. 

e: Well Oboro isn't. Or is? Guess it depends on the status of Azura during development. we'll call it a toss up. All the other clones the point remains

Edited by r_n

3 minutes ago, r_n said:

I feel like saying "barely any work done" on the characters already in the game is a bit much. 3 of them are explicit clones, so they only really needed their specials and skills set up. Judging by some of Niles' leftovers, supports were probably in the process of being written, and we know there's voiced dialog already for map stuff that only makes sense if a player. And being enemy units likely means they already had their stats planned out. Navarre in particular I feel was probably pretty far along, just judging by how much presence he has in story bits despite never being fightable outside the later history mode maps. Certainly there's more to them to finish them out, but it's not like there was barely anything there. 

That said, that's irrelevant to the "slots" discussion, yeah. They're clones. It's like blaming, I don't know, Dark Pit on not getting Ridley in smash 4. And god could you imagine if Ike did get in "in place" of Celica and he was a clone of *rolls dice* the twins. 

e: Well Oboro isn't. Or is? Guess it depends on the status of Azura during development. we'll call it a toss up. All the other clones the point remains

I think Chrom would be more likely, but that might make some Ike fans even angrier. 

8 hours ago, r_n said:

They need specials and skills and awakening moves and warrior moves and dual warrior moves and support conversations and interactions with a bunch of characters mid-battle and level up quotes and menu quotes and taunts and a PROMOTED OUTFIT and bug testing and fine-tuning and a good model that actually resembles a playable character in quality (look at Oboro's sleeves).

Seriously.

just because modles are in the game doesnt mean all of them are fully fleshed out, after all, there is absolutely nothing special about the sorcerers in the game since they are only robin clones, but if they were to be playable, there would need to be so much added to them so they can feel more like characters.

11 hours ago, guedesbrawl said:

They need specials and skills and awakening moves and warrior moves and dual warrior moves and support conversations and interactions with a bunch of characters mid-battle and level up quotes and menu quotes and taunts and a PROMOTED OUTFIT and bug testing and fine-tuning and a good model that actually resembles a playable character in quality (look at Oboro's sleeves).

Seriously.

See, I see this, but also that amounts to 3 short cinematics, extensive voice work and stat/skill tuning (though I imagine it's mostly similar to what they already had).  Which is certainly work, but Oboro aside,  most of the work needed for Owain, Navarre & Niles amounts to presentation which, judging by comments of clones in other games, isn't nearly as much work as establishing their movesets.

Making someone like Ryoma is probably more intensive start to finish than Archer #4. And, again, judging by Niles having leftover support conversations, I'm guessing they already had work done on that front. Niles in particular probably already had system voice, and I wouldn't be surprised if Navarre did as well depending on when specifically Lyn was put into the game.

To be clear I think little-to-no work had been done on the other clones planned for DLC.

Incidentally, I wouldn't be surprised if at least Gharnef had a special rolling around at one point in development. He keeps getting shown with his imhulu skulls, an otherwise unique asset, and I just can't help but wonder...

4 minutes ago, r_n said:

Yeah those were on the website & famitsu scans.

Tangental, but I want Camilla's wyvern to also be dressed like a maid

I wouldn't mind seeing that lmao.

On 12/14/2017 at 2:31 PM, RedRob said:

So we got the pics of what costumes are in the DLC pack.

Nohr Noble M!Corrin looks so good. ...Shame they're the worst character in the game to play as.

On 15/12/2017 at 8:40 PM, r_n said:

I could see them getting buffed in some way. HW kind of inexplicably did that several times in its life, iirc.

Corrin's big problem is how long his moves take to come out compared to everyone else's, and I don't see them fixing that.

Especially when, by the end of the day, they still would have no niche. There's a better duelist (Ryoma), a better crowd-killer (Lyn), a more mobile character (Marth/Celica), a better healer (Twins) AND a  more balanced moveset (Chromcina) among the on-foot swords.

4 hours ago, guedesbrawl said:

Corrin's big problem is how long his moves take to come out compared to everyone else's, and I don't see them fixing that.

Especially when, by the end of the day, they still would have no niche. There's a better duelist (Ryoma), a better crowd-killer (Lyn), a more mobile character (Marth/Celica), a better healer (Twins) AND a  more balanced moveset (Chromcina) among the on-foot swords.

Personally, I prefer Corrin over Ryoma (I don't really like his moveset at all), Lyn, Marth, etc.
They are a pretty decent one on one duelist character for combat, even Astra helps. But they aren't a crowd killer that's for sure. 

18 minutes ago, Florete said:

The real buff Corrin needs is to her voiced lines. I get it, you fight for peace.

Her moveset is functional with Astra, but still pretty awkward.

I'm pretty sure that's like her gimmick she always says. You can say that for other characters, because they always say the same thing 3-4 times in battle.

55 minutes ago, Legend_of_Zelia said:

I'm pretty sure that's like her gimmick she always says. You can say that for other characters, because they always say the same thing 3-4 times in battle.

Corrin is the only one that is constantly speaking full phrases, from my experience.

1 hour ago, Florete said:

The real buff Corrin needs is to her voiced lines. I get it, you fight for peace.

Her moveset is functional with Astra, but still pretty awkward.

Basically.

I literally just got Astra on Corrin. Wow, the moveset now feels on par with at least Chromcina (without Astra)

On 12/19/2017 at 8:08 AM, guedesbrawl said:

Zant had a similar problem. His moves took forever to do, had terrible end lag and dealt so-so damage for the effort put into it

I think Ghirahim also had issues that patches helped iron out.

She may not have a dedicated niche, but there's things they can do to improve. Though honestly, in this game "worst character" isn't even saying much because she'll always be more useful than half the HW cast. 

45 minutes ago, r_n said:

Zant had a similar problem. His moves took forever to do, had terrible end lag and dealt so-so damage for the effort put into it

I think Ghirahim also had issues that patches helped iron out.

I think it was Ganondorf who had some issues before the patches. Can't say I ever noticed them myself though but a lot of people said how much better he became once his issues got patched