Warriors: Fates DLC set for the 21st

Jedi

It was Ganondorf, Zant, and Agitha (maybe). Ganondorf was pretty much low-mid or high-mid tier until the buffs came in. Zant was one of the bottom tiers and his buffs ended up making him better than the majority of the cast once you learn him. Agitha became usable and pretty decent.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mentioned it in the roster thread, but Azura & Oboro aren't clones of one another. Strong combos are COMPLETELY different so far as I can tell and it seems like the normal string(s) are too beyond the usual "there's only so many ways to differentiate same slashes". Like Azura will stab left while Oboro stabs right. They're both fun movesets so those who don't care for

Hero weapons are now S Ranks, and the crests have been updated to account for it. You don't need to make the true personals to grab them, they're a branch. You unlock the Goddess' Protection as a further upgrade from the first upgrade. Do note: only Fates characters get this right now. I'm guessing Liana & Rowan will get theirs in a free update later on. 

It appears you need to get another special item to unlock the even more true power, as well, so probably you get them out of the new history mode maps. Azura starts with her lance (160 base power btw!) while Oboro & Niles probably have to grab theirs out of their maps.

Hero weapons at no stars (the default syo uget for the update) are 480 power.

As for who the new characters have conversations with (aside from Celica and Anna since I don't have them yet):

Spoiler

Azura: Corrin, Ryoma, Xander, Chrom, Marth

Oboro: Rowan, Hinoka, Takumi, Leo, Elise, Cordelia, Anna

Niles: Takumi, Leo, Robin, Frederick, Caeda

Azura's personal skill is Amaterasu, which slowly heals her partner while in Pair Up.

Edited by Lightchao42

6 minutes ago, Florete said:

God damn it why the fuck does male Corrin get to feature on another history mode map? I doubt they'll give this to female Robin when the Awakening pack hits.

I fucking hate male Corrin.

Female Corrin gets to take center stage for the other 2 history mode maps, so I think it evens out. Also they made a few new renders which is neat.

The difficulty of hte maps takes after the arena map. A mix of low level challenges and high leveld stuff all over

For those wondering, here is Azura's promotion (Source: Twitter: @theprinceofiris)

Spoiler

5a3b05b50da8a_DRh5hSEVwAAHa2_.jpglarge.thumb.jpg.81f8242a41a64f3ccd075dc0eedb683e.jpg

Edited by Azz

13 minutes ago, r_n said:

Female Corrin gets to take center stage for the other 2 history mode maps, so I think it evens out. Also they made a few new renders which is neat.

The difficulty of hte maps takes after the arena map. A mix of low level challenges and high leveld stuff all over

It doesn't "even out" at all. Male Corrin got center stage in The Path is Yours, leaving female Corrin with nothing in the main game's history mode maps. Female Robin hasn't gotten any sort of similar treatment, having only been on Invisible Ties as the enemy where male Robin was still with Chrom, and male Robin also had a role in Noble Lady of Caelin. I haven't seen the new portrait from the Anna's Mementos but I'm now very worried.

This game was supposed to use male Robin and female Corrin with the alts being extras, but that's only stuck for Robin. If female Robin actually gets similar treatment in a few months when the Awakening DLC hits, I'll back off, but I'm doubting it.

9 minutes ago, Florete said:

It doesn't "even out" at all. Male Corrin got center stage in The Path is Yours, leaving female Corrin with nothing in the main game's history mode maps. Female Robin hasn't gotten any sort of similar treatment, having only been on Invisible Ties as the enemy where male Robin was still with Chrom, and male Robin also had a role in Noble Lady of Caelin. I haven't seen the new portrait from the Anna's Mementos but I'm now very worried.

This game was supposed to use male Robin and female Corrin with the alts being extras, but that's only stuck for Robin. If female Robin actually gets similar treatment in a few months when the Awakening DLC hits, I'll back off, but I'm doubting it.

I feel like you're overblowing this a bit. It's a bit lame that Female Corrin doesnt seem to factor into any of the other history mode maps in the base game, but I don't think male corrin does either (Leo, meanwhile, is all over these things because he & robin are mages to fill in for important mages).

Male & Female Robin get to co-star in their portrait battle because the conceit of awakening's end game is "your" robin and the alternate robin/grima. Having the female robin act as this flows pretty neatly.

I fully expect the Awakening maps to have 1 Female Robin and 2 Male robin-focused maps. There is noooooooo way he isn't the star of Tharja's map

3 minutes ago, r_n said:

I mentioned it in the roster thread, but Azura & Oboro aren't clones of one another. Strong combos are COMPLETELY different so far as I can tell and it seems like the normal string(s) are too beyond the usual "there's only so many ways to differentiate same slashes".

I'm not really all that surprised, but I am very glad nonetheless because they really ought to fight differently given their drastically different occupations.  Besides Sakura and Elise, Azura is probably the least soldier-like of the royals, while Oboro is probably the closest thing you could get to a standard soldier among the playable Hoshidan units besides maybe the samurai units.

Since Niles uses the same archer moveset as the others, I think it's safe to assume that Navarre and Owain will also follow suit in that regard.  Let's hope the others in the future packs are unique from the others like Oboro and Azura are from each other...

2 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

As for who the new characters have conversations with (aside from Celica and Anna since I don't have them yet):

Reveal hidden contents

Azura: Corrin, Ryoma, Xander, Chrom, Marth

Oboro: Rowan, Hinoka, Takumi, Leo, Elise, Cordelia

Niles: Takumi, Leo, Robin, Frederick, Caeda

Spoiler

Oboro x Cordelia?  I'm guessing Cordelia reminds her of Subaki?  Even though they're not really that much like each other besides the fact that everyone thinks they're perfect...

Nice that she got a support with Hinoka... I definitely wanted to see her talk to as exceptionally competent a retainer as Oboro.  Also have to wonder what Oboro's dynamic with Elise and Leo would be... or Takumi and Niles'.

A damn shame Oboro doesn't have one with Lucina.  The 2nd Gen Exalt of Ylisse really needs a lecture on fashion, and there's absolutely no one better to give it to her than the glorious Hoshidan tailor herself.  Though Leo's son would be a very close second.

Also, Niles x Sakura doesn't exist?  Is that right?  Because it's a bit weird for Oboro to have her supports with Leo and Elise and for Niles to just have the one with Takumi.  Though regardless, I definitely want to see how Caeda will respond to his ways.

While I don't know how support conversations are done in this game, I assume that even conversations between characters that actually interact in their respective games are different from the ones found in those games?  So Azura x Corrin in this game will be different from Azura x Corrin in any of the Fates paths.  Regardless, I'm obviously more interested to see how she interacts with the two not from her game.

27 minutes ago, Florete said:

God damn it why the fuck does male Corrin get to feature on another history mode map? I doubt they'll give this to female Robin when the Awakening pack hits.

I fucking hate male Corrin.

I'm just assuming that because they always have male Corrin represent the Birthright side of the game that it's the one that features Oboro.

I dislike them both about the same, but....  I hate male Corrin's stupid goddamn face so much more than I do female Corrin's, and all of his face options make me that much less inclined to use a male avatar in that game.

8 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

I'm not really all that surprised, but I am very glad nonetheless because they really ought to fight differently given their drastically different occupations.  Besides Sakura and Elise, Azura is probably the least soldier-like of the royals, while Oboro is probably the closest thing you could get to a standard soldier among the playable Hoshidan units besides maybe the samurai units.

Since Niles uses the same archer moveset as the others, I think it's safe to assume that Navarre and Owain will also follow suit in that regard.  Let's hope the others in the future packs are unique from the others like Oboro and Azura are from each other...

Reveal hidden contents

Oboro x Cordelia?  I'm guessing Cordelia reminds her of Subaki?  Even though they're not really that much like each other besides the fact that everyone thinks they're perfect...

Nice that she got a support with Hinoka... I definitely wanted to see her talk to as exceptionally competent a retainer as Oboro.  Also have to wonder what Oboro's dynamic with Elise and Leo would be... or Takumi and Niles'.

A damn shame Oboro doesn't have one with Lucina.  The 2nd Gen Exalt of Ylisse really needs a lecture on fashion, and there's absolutely no one better to give it to her than the glorious Hoshidan tailor herself.  Though Leo's son would be a very close second.

Also, Niles x Sakura doesn't exist?  Is that right?  Because it's a bit weird for Oboro to have her supports with Leo and Elise and for Niles to just have the one with Takumi.  Though regardless, I definitely want to see how Caeda will respond to his ways.

While I don't know how support conversations are done in this game, I assume that even conversations between characters that actually interact in their respective games are different from the ones found in those games?  So Azura x Corrin in this game will be different from Azura x Corrin in any of the Fates paths.  Regardless, I'm obviously more interested to see how she interacts with the two not from her game.

I'm just assuming that because they always have male Corrin represent the Birthright side of the game that it's the one that features Oboro.

I dislike them both about the same, but....  I hate male Corrin's stupid goddamn face so much more than I do female Corrin's, and all of his face options make me that much less inclined to use a male avatar in that game.

At the very least, I could see Minerva & Olivia getting different sets. I suppose it's dependant on a number of factors...its possible Azura had a moveset in development at one point or something, for example. Olivia will need a new strong attack for the dance gimmick if nothing else. I'll settle for semi-clones. Mages feel up in the air. Making Tharja, the true forerunner for that pack, at least a little unique would make sense?

I do think we're in for another free update possibly with a history mode map so the twins can get their ultimate weapons powered up. Assuming they dont get lumped in with SD or Awakening's dlc, I guess. It'd also be a good time as any to make the villain mage trio playable! But I may be a little greedy.

10 minutes ago, r_n said:

I feel like you're overblowing this a bit. It's a bit lame that Female Corrin doesnt seem to factor into any of the other history mode maps in the base game, but I don't think male corrin does either (Leo, meanwhile, is all over these things because he & robin are mages to fill in for important mages).

Male & Female Robin get to co-star in their portrait battle because the conceit of awakening's end game is "your" robin and the alternate robin/grima. Having the female robin act as this flows pretty neatly.

I fully expect the Awakening maps to have 1 Female Robin and 2 Male robin-focused maps. There is noooooooo way he isn't the star of Tharja's map

I won't deny that my reaction looks like an overreaction. Maybe it is. But I don't care. I despise male Corrin (tbh, I'm not even a fan of female Corrin, I just hate male). I hate how he's always overshadowed her, in all the marketing for Fates, in Smash, in the fandom where it's so common to see people refer to the character as "he" but almost never "she," even when it was apparent that she was so much more popular than him. And so I was so happy to see female Corrin finally get priority for this game...but only sometimes. I was able to let their choice for the Fates map go because I figured it was a one-off for recruiting him and there wasn't a realistic way to fit female Corrin in there. I was able to let Hero Challenge go because they used female Robin. But this DLC now shows it wasn't a one-off, female won't be used everywhere else despite supposedly being the default. It's fucking insulting.

10 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

It's not Oboro's map, it's Azura's.

2 minutes ago, Florete said:

I won't deny that my reaction looks like an overreaction. Maybe it is. But I don't care. I despise male Corrin (tbh, I'm not even a fan of female Corrin, I just hate male). I hate how he's always overshadowed her, in all the marketing for Fates, in Smash, in the fandom where it's so common to see people refer to the character as "he" but almost never "she," even when it was apparent that she was so much more popular than him.

Actually, the original Japanese marketing featured the female Corrin when they were marketing Conquest, while male for Birthright. NOA dumped all that though and just went with male Corrin.

CHclUSrUAAAmi6_.jpg

Note the female Corrin in the gameplay screenshot too, not only the box. Although to be fair, the official site when promoting the DLC mostly used male Corrin even in Japan.

4 minutes ago, NeonZ said:

Actually, the original Japanese marketing featured the female Corrin when they were marketing Conquest, while male for Birthright. NOA dumped all that though and just went with male Corrin.

Sometimes. The original trailer reveal used male Corrin, and most of the Famitsu screenshots used male Corrin. They promoted male Corrin for Birthright and female for Conquest when they could, but when it could only be one, it was almost always male.

I'm not sure how I feel about Caeda filling in for Izana... At least I can see her winning Best Hair in Archanea five years in a row.

Not to mention Camilla filling in for Mikoto, Mikoto must be rolling in her grave.

40 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

So Azura x Corrin in this game will be different from Azura x Corrin in any of the Fates paths.

Azura and Corrin having only three conversations wasn't enough, clearly. I'm not being sarcastic.

Edited by Lightchao42

I've been using the Bond Charm and my guess is that it removes the map cap on support building, so you can keep building support in the same map until you reach the next rank. I didn't count, but I felt like I killed way more than 15 captains with Azura and Ryoma paired up before I capped, and I got A rank at the end.

4 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I think it was Ganondorf who had some issues before the patches. Can't say I ever noticed them myself though but a lot of people said how much better he became once his issues got patched 

One if not both of Ganondorf's last combo (the ganon shadow's swipe) and first combo (his meter explosion) used to allow enemies to hit him out of it.

Now they can't, so his most ridiculous crowd clearers are now super safe. It also means The Imprisoned is now an absolute joke to him.

So it seems the supports that were datamined, Niles with Sakura and Lianna, didn't actually make it in. It now leaves some disparity since the twins supports complemented each others (Rowan gets Xander/Chrom/Robin, Lianna gets Ryoma/Lucina/Corrin, etc.) but now Rowan just has Oboro. And Oboro has Elise but Niles doesn't have Sakura.

Also, no Azura x Camilla. Boo. Azura has a surprising lack of options, having only the gleamstone wielders (Corrin, Ryoma, Xander, Chrom, and Marth).

2 minutes ago, Florete said:

So it seems the supports that were datamined, Niles with Sakura and Lianna, didn't actually make it in. It now leaves some disparity since the twins supports complemented each others (Rowan gets Xander/Chrom/Robin, Lianna gets Ryoma/Lucina/Corrin, etc.) but now Rowan just has Oboro. And Oboro has Elise but Niles doesn't have Sakura.

Also, no Azura x Camilla. Boo. Azura has a surprising lack of options, having only the gleamstone wielders (Corrin, Ryoma, Xander, Chrom, and Marth).

Any idea what the Robin and Niles one is since I may have intentionally killed him.