Warriors: Fates DLC set for the 21st

Jedi

1 minute ago, Legend_of_Zelia said:

This has made me very excited. But I wish the release date was closer, but oh well, I'm glad the wait is almost finally over.

Also one of the supports I was hoping for Azura + Corrin is a thing and I'm happy about that.

Also I wonder if Azura's Blessed Lance is her personal weapon or considered like a normal weapon, because they never stated any new weapons for this pack.

Probably her personal weapon since it seems Oboro's Spear and Niles's Bow are going to be released from unused data hell.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Folt said:

Probably her personal weapon since it seems Oboro's Spear and Niles's Bow are going to be released from unused data hell.

Which is nice and makes me happy. But I was expecting Oboro's Spear and Niles's Bow to at least be released in other packs since the official information for DLC never stated any weapons for the Fates DLC. So I'm happy their releasing it here, along with an additional personal weapon for Azura. 

Just now, Legend_of_Zelia said:

Which is nice and makes me happy. But I was expecting Oboro's Spear and Niles's Bow to at least be released in other packs since the official information for DLC never stated any weapons for the Fates DLC. So I'm happy their releasing it here, along with an additional personal weapon for Azura. 

It's the pack that's focusing on Fates and not releasing Oboro's Spear and Niles's Bow with the other Fates DLC means you could get a weapon that's basically useless for all the characters you either have or get with one of the other packs if you didn't buy this pack (or alternatively had to pay the price of two packs to build characters for one pack). They had to come with this pack.

7 minutes ago, Folt said:

It's the pack that's focusing on Fates and not releasing Oboro's Spear and Niles's Bow with the other Fates DLC means you could get a weapon that's basically useless for all the characters you either have or get with one of the other packs if you didn't buy this pack (or alternatively had to pay the price of two packs to build characters for one pack). They had to come with this pack.

True. But at the same time, I guess the scrolls could be unlocked as a finished map award like Marth's personal weapon scroll was. 
But I just wonder what's going to be the 6 weapons now for the Shadow Dragon DLC. I know it will be personal weapons for Navarre, Tiki, Minevra, Linde and Caeda. But then that just leaves one more weapon.

Edited by Legend_of_Zelia

True. But at the same time, I guess the scrolls could be unlocked as a finished map award like Marth's personal weapon scroll was. 
But I just wonder what's going to be the 6 weapons now for Shadow Dragon map. I know it will be personal weapons for Navarre, Tiki, Minevra and Linde. But then that just leaves two more weapons.

Maybe they don't count prf weapons in that counter so the DLC pack might give the five prf weapons for Caeda, Tiki, Navarre, Minerva, and Linde, and 6 more weapons, one of each type.

1 minute ago, Folt said:

Maybe they don't count prf weapons in that counter so the DLC pack might give the five prf weapons for Caeda, Tiki, Navarre, Minerva, and Linde, and 6 more weapons, one of each type.

Who knows. But by the end of the first run of DLC. I think every character may end up with a personal weapon.

Who knows. But by the end of the first run of DLC. I think every character may end up with a personal weapon.

Oboro's Spear and Niles's Bow being released from unused data hell pretty much guarantees this.

Just now, Folt said:

Oboro's Spear and Niles's Bow being released from unused data hell pretty much guarantees this.

If anything, I'm pretty sure Wave 1 of DLC is to cover everything that was not finished and used by the time of the game initial release.
So I'm pretty sure unused data hell won't be a thing anymore after this first wave of DLC.

If anything, I'm pretty sure Wave 1 of DLC is to cover everything that was not finished and used by the time of the game initial release.
So I'm pretty sure unused data hell won't be a thing anymore after this first wave of DLC.

I kind of doubt they're just dumping the rest of those weapons in this pack.

Just now, Arthur97 said:

For Wave 1 of DLC, I was referring to all three packs as a whole. 
It has been kinda confirmed a wave 2 of DLC of fan demand is suppose to happen. But I forgot where that was stated. It could have been their twitter for the game.

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

We're at least getting prf weapons for every character who didn't have one at base + the upcoming DLC characters.

And honestly, I think you're interpreting that a bit wrong: "Wave 1" could refer to all three packs we know of since they were all announced at pretty much the same time. The prf weapons would be spread out over the three packs in that case.

5 minutes ago, Folt said:

We're at least getting prf weapons for every character who didn't have one at base + the upcoming DLC characters.

And honestly, I think you're interpreting that a bit wrong: "Wave 1" could refer to all three packs we know of since they were all announced at pretty much the same time. The prf weapons would be spread out over the three packs in that case.

Oh, well yeah, I imagine we'll get them with the corresponding packs (why must I wait so long for the Awakening pack?). 

Though, every character getting them seems like overkill. I mean, that renders normal weapons as little more than skill fodder. Swords are already pretty pointless as they all have special swords.

6 minutes ago, Legend_of_Zelia said:

For Wave 1 of DLC, I was referring to all three packs as a whole. 
It has been kinda confirmed a wave 2 of DLC of fan demand is suppose to happen. But I forgot where that was stated. It could have been their twitter for the game.

I don't remember a second wave being confirmed. Were they just saying that if fan demand was there then there could be a wave 2. I'd be up for it, but it does raise the question as to what to add since they seem committed to these three. Not that there isn't stuff from these three still missing (like Camus and Walhart).

Just now, Arthur97 said:

Oh, well yeah, I imagine we'll get them with the corresponding packs (why must I wait so long for the Awakening pack?). 

Though, every character getting them seems like overkill. I mean, that renders normal weapons as little more than skill fodder. Swords are already pretty pointless as they all have special swords.

I don't remember a second wave being confirmed. Were they just saying that if fan demand was there then there could be a wave 2. I'd be up for it, but it does raise the question as to what to add since they seem committed to these three. Not that there isn't stuff from these three still missing (like Camus and Walhart).

I don't mind. It puts every character on equal level with each other weapons-wise and I still have some 6-slot 5* Braves around in case I need to swap.

5 minutes ago, Folt said:

I don't mind. It puts every character on equal level with each other weapons-wise and I still have some 6-slot 5* Braves around in case I need to swap.

On that note, I know this is the wrong thread for this, but what's the max amount of skill slots a weapon can have?

6 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

On that note, I know this is the wrong thread for this, but what's the max amount of skill slots a weapon can have?

Generally 6 slots in total for generic weapons. Bows and certain weapons get an additional slot for a slayer skill that can't be removed (essentially trading your choice of a -slayer skill combo for an additional slot for another skill), and personal weapons get an additional slot for True Power which also can't be removed. This means the amount of slots free for the player to edit is always no more than 6 slots.

Edited by Folt

15 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

They pretty much are already skill fodder. Each stronger weapons makes the lesser weapon, less useful. I mean, the only thing they have going for them is some skills can only be unlocked on well bronze weapons, like Armor Strike. So you have to use those weapons for awhile to unlock them.

But like Folt said, it puts all characters on even ground and actually gives you something more to do and to unlock.

15 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I think it was stated somewhere after Gamescon.

Edited by Legend_of_Zelia

Honestly, I'm still keeping 5* 6-slot Braves around, even with every character getting a prf weapon. Being able to swap weapons depending on the situation is actually pretty nice since Robin and Leo, two of my mains, can be used with Topsy-Turvy (Robin has good Strength, Leo has average strength but packs a mount) so having Topsy-Turvy on a Brave Weapon ready to get swapped in the moment archers and infantry mages are the common officers on a mission is pretty nice. (Not to mention, I need dedicated grinding weapons and prfs should not be used for that.) I could also do stuff like giving Lissa a weapon without Topsy-Turvy or a weapon with Anti-Triangle for some missions, while Xander could swap between his Siegfried and an Anti-Triangle sword.

1 hour ago, Legend_of_Zelia said:

They pretty much are already skill fodder. Each stronger weapons makes the lesser weapon, less useful. I mean, the only thing they have going for them is some skills can only be unlocked on well bronze weapons, like Armor Strike. So you have to use those weapons for awhile to unlock them.

But like Folt said, it puts all characters on even ground and actually gives you something more to do and to unlock.

I'm all for more to unlock as I have very little left to do (I have two missions to S rank, two characters to max out, miscellaneous badges left to earn, and several supports to grind).

Though I think once you unlock the skill for that weapon, it shows up on all acquired ranks of said weapon.

2 hours ago, Legend_of_Zelia said:

But I just wonder what's going to be the 6 weapons now for the Shadow Dragon DLC. I know it will be personal weapons for Navarre, Tiki, Minevra, Linde and Caeda. But then that just leaves one more weapon.

Anna's Bow.

16 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

Anna's Bow.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that one. But it looks like Anna was going to be included anyways in the pack for her broken armor model, so it makes sense.

34 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I'm all for more to unlock as I have very little left to do (I have two missions to S rank, two characters to max out, miscellaneous badges left to earn, and several supports to grind).

Though I think once you unlock the skill for that weapon, it shows up on all acquired ranks of said weapon.

Slayer skills like Mountslayer show up on everything without having to be unlocked. Skills like Awakening+, Pair Up+, Armor Strike are skills you have to unlock by defeating a certain amount of enemies. 

Slayer skills like Mountslayer show up on everything without having to be unlocked. Skills like Awakening+, Pair Up+, Armor Strike are skills you have to unlock by defeating a certain amount of enemies. 

I was referring to hoe you have to unlock a weapon with that attribute before they'll drop randomly.

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

I was referring to hoe you have to unlock a weapon with that attribute before they'll drop randomly.

Oh! I don't know when they introduce anymore of those kind of weapons. We have a majorly of the skills unlocked by the end of each map in the full game. The last ones were for the Armor Strike skill though.

So excited for the new dlc despite it being fates, more content is still good though and as much as I love pegasus units we needed a ground lance, another bow unit to get max bow deployment. Yay more work for me to 100% the game, at least I'm just at the point where I'm grinding materials and supports and kos, as besides a few anna's mementos, I've mostly completed the game, just again supports, badges, levels, the oc twins scrolls (cause some of the maps on that level like screwing me over) and optimal weapon building (I already have Marth's Falchion fully maxed out and he's level 99 so he's my go to for tough map clears)