After Robin's Sacrifice

Jingle Jangle

So after Robin's sacrifice to kill Grima, he dissolves into nothingness. I wonder how long did it take for Chrom and Lissa to find him again? My guess is took about a year or two for them to finally meet Robin again. I'm taking in account the  character endings happen before the final cutscene afterward Robin's ending happen. 

I don't think there is a specified time, no. I decided it would be a little more than half a year in my headcanon. Then possibly that same day or a day or two later, Frederick and Robin conceive Morgan because they start having sex more frequently than before, as they were apart for half a damn year and were starving for one another, mostly due to Frederick having been depressed over his wife's disappearance. :3

Edited by Anacybele

The characters hardly look aged much in the cutscene where Robin is found again though, keep in mind. So it can't really be more than a year or so, especially considering that two years already passed since the time they first met Robin.

Edited by Anacybele

No time at all, due to the fact that I went for the "Chrom seals Grima away" ending. Also, how can it be called a "sacrifice" if Robin didn't actually die?

Edited by NinjaMonkey

I honestly say a year, it just makes sense to me. I know there was one fanfic I read a long time ago where the reason it took Robin so long to come back was that Grima (since they "died" at the same time) was dragging Robin further to the afterlife in purgatory or whatever, then once Grima fully died they let go Robin slowly started disappearing before remembering Morgan and the other shepherds and started to try to get away, then if I remember right I believe Naga's voice asked him if this was how they wanted to go, and they said no, and kept trying but got tired and basically failed, but if I recall right Naga allowed Robin to come back from the dead, and for old time's sake (plus Lissa and Chrom were probably like "We found him here once maybe again") he was put back into that field.

13 hours ago, NinjaMonkey said:

No time at all, due to the fact that I went for the "Chrom seals Grima away" ending. Also, how can it be called a "sacrifice" if Robin didn't actually die?

This is just me but I do consider the sacrifice ending to be canon, as it revolves with a hole arch, usually we try to save Emmeryn earlier (in that dialogue option) and then the shepherds ee what one sacrifice can make, and then with the whole "I'm the fell dragon and was mind-controlled" thing Robin probably wanted to atone for their actions plus by ending Grima they stop another version of Lucina's time from happening (This is also canon I feel as Male Robin either gets with Lucina or is Female and is her mother, as there is alternate dialogue for both scenarios when Lucina tries to kill the avatar) of which I feel is somewhat a character arch for Robin, plus the whole part of bonds may bring them back, well the whole game is structured on bonds being stronger then fate, so if this is what fate had in store for Robin then Chrom and the other shepherds would refuse to let Robin stay dead, and then probably Tiki would pray to Naga and then Tharja/Henry/Miriel and the other mages would try to cast reincarnation magic on him. What I mean by this is that Robin logically would be dead, but since the whole game is built on bonds being stronger then fate it somehow works (maybe with a little help from Naga who knows) Every person plays differently though just from my point of view the sacrifice ending is more real and makes more sense especially if we talk about how the whole game was structured and not from a player perspective so much, but from the perspective of these characters.

35 minutes ago, LucarioGamer812 said:

I honestly say a year, it just makes sense to me. I know there was one fanfic I read a long time ago where the reason it took Robin so long to come back was that Grima (since they "died" at the same time) was dragging Robin further to the afterlife in purgatory or whatever, then once Grima fully died they let go Robin slowly started disappearing before remembering Morgan and the other shepherds and started to try to get away, then if I remember right I believe Naga's voice asked him if this was how they wanted to go, and they said no, and kept trying but got tired and basically failed, but if I recall right Naga allowed Robin to come back from the dead, and for old time's sake (plus Lissa and Chrom were probably like "We found him here once maybe again") he was put back into that field.

This is just me but I do consider the sacrifice ending to be canon, as it revolves with a hole arch, usually we try to save Emmeryn earlier (in that dialogue option) and then the shepherds ee what one sacrifice can make, and then with the whole "I'm the fell dragon and was mind-controlled" thing Robin probably wanted to atone for their actions plus by ending Grima they stop another version of Lucina's time from happening (This is also canon I feel as Male Robin either gets with Lucina or is Female and is her mother, as there is alternate dialogue for both scenarios when Lucina tries to kill the avatar) of which I feel is somewhat a character arch for Robin, plus the whole part of bonds may bring them back, well the whole game is structured on bonds being stronger then fate, so if this is what fate had in store for Robin then Chrom and the other shepherds would refuse to let Robin stay dead, and then probably Tiki would pray to Naga and then Tharja/Henry/Miriel and the other mages would try to cast reincarnation magic on him. What I mean by this is that Robin logically would be dead, but since the whole game is built on bonds being stronger then fate it somehow works (maybe with a little help from Naga who knows) Every person plays differently though just from my point of view the sacrifice ending is more real and makes more sense especially if we talk about how the whole game was structured and not from a player perspective so much, but from the perspective of these characters.

You know, it would have been interesting if the Robin Revival ending is something that only occurs if a condition is met. It'd be something like in Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World. If you miss out on any cores, you get the Normal Ending. And if you actually win a particular battle, you get the Bad Ending. And if you never miss out on the cores, and avoid the Bad Ending by losing one battle, you get the Perfect Ending. 

Robin being trapped in limbo, slowly being dragged down to nonexistence, but then revived by the strength of the bonds. Maybe it can happen in combination of some things. Like depending on what decisions that were made in the game, how Robin had supports with other characters, etc. When combined, it allows Robin to have enough strength through bonds.

22 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Robin being trapped in limbo, slowly being dragged down to nonexistence, but then revived by the strength of the bonds. Maybe it can happen in combination of some things. Like depending on what decisions that were made in the game, how Robin had supports with other characters, etc. When combined, it allows Robin to have enough strength through bonds.

Ooo, I wish to see that in the game. Robin cutting off all of his ties with Grima in limbo, sorting out all of his memories before finally returning back to Ylisse. This kind of stuff makes me want multiple endings for Fire Emblem games.

Just now, Jingle Jangle said:

Ooo, I wish to see that in the game. Robin cutting off all of his ties with Grima in limbo, sorting out all of his memories before finally returning back to Ylisse. This kind of stuff makes me want multiple endings for Fire Emblem games.

I think Awakening is the ONLY game that has multiple endings. Unless of course you count each path of Fates being an alternate ending.

Just now, omegaxis1 said:

I think Awakening is the ONLY game that has multiple endings. Unless of course you count each path of Fates being an alternate ending.

Also there is the bad ending in FE6, where if Roy fails to gather all the legendary weapons to defeat Idunn, the game will end prematurely.

Just now, Jingle Jangle said:

Also there is the bad ending in FE6, where if Roy fails to gather all the legendary weapons to defeat Idunn, the game will end prematurely.

Oh wait, never mind, there was also one in New Mystery, where if yo fail to get all the Gemstones, the game ends after Hardin's defeat, which actually indicates that Marth and the others get killed by Medeus because they thought the battle was over by the illusion of Gharnef.

Going off by Lucina's solo ending, I always imagined she went to the outrealm to find a way to bring the avatar through the bonds they made. Going off by the "sacrifice"ending, she find a way to successfully bring him back. Headcannon, of course.

To be frank, I always pretend the avatar's lover search tirelessly in the outrealm to find a way to bring them back & I always interpret that if the avatar was pair up with Chrom or Lissa, they were 1st one to find them

Edited by Zangetsu

I personally went with having Chrom seal Grima, after Morgan's line about not wanting Morgan to go away I decided that family is more important than all of humanity.

On 12/5/2017 at 4:54 PM, Anacybele said:

The characters hardly look aged much in the cutscene where Robin is found again though, keep in mind. So it can't really be more than a year or so, especially considering that two years already passed since the time they first met Robin.

FIre Emblem is an anime, time ≠ age for most characters, and it only makes sense 50% of the time it does.

2 hours ago, Gebby said:

FIre Emblem is an anime, time ≠ age for most characters, and it only makes sense 50% of the time it does.

Animeish, yes, but I still think that if IS wanted to show several years passing since the beginning of the game, they would've made the characters look aged to some degree. They did this with RD, after all. Only three years since PoR, but most non-laguz characters didn't look exactly the same at all.

Edited by Anacybele

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Only three years since PoR, but most non-laguz characters didn't look exactly the same at all.

I thought that was because they hired a better artist than the one they hired for Path of Radiance.

28 minutes ago, NinjaMonkey said:

I thought that was because they hired a better artist than the one they hired for Path of Radiance.

But Senri Kita was the artist for both. :/ She didn't do PoR's in-game portraits, but she did the official art for both and the in-game portraits for RD.

Also, I'm sure if they wanted, they still would've aged Chrom and Lissa up a little for that cutscene where Robin is found again.

3 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Animeish, yes, but I still think that if IS wanted to show several years passing since the beginning of the game, they would've made the characters look aged to some degree. They did this with RD, after all. Only three years since PoR, but most non-laguz characters didn't look exactly the same at all.

Do keep in mind that the War with Plegia, along with the Valm arc are 2 years apart.

Shadow Dragon and New Mystery of the Emblem had a 3 year gap as well, and the only ones that had their portraits really altered would be Hardin and Camus/Sirius. In Shadow Dragon, Marth did have a change from the Prologue to the actual story.

The game doesn't tell you. It's up to interpretation. If you go on fanfiction.net and look at Awakening fanfictions, some authors have them come back literally the week Robin dies, others have Robin come back in 2 years; I even remember one where he is gone for 15 years.