• Xander.
    • Leo.
    • Odin.
    • Arthur.
    • Keaton.
    • Benny.
    • Laslow.
    • Niles.

Laslow. My god, I absolutely ADORE that pairing, and I hate how it's highly unlikely to be the canon one. They are just so perfect. Azura is the ONLY girl EVER to actually make Laslow follow his one true passion: dancing.

Laslow might be a flirt, but he loves dancing far more. And the fact that Azura encourages him to better himself, and then even having that amazing chemistry filled scene in their A rank support is just amazing. Their S support is meh in comparison. But overall, Laslow and Azura make the perfect couple, having both singer and dancer.

I can only answer for Conquest since I haven't played the other Fates titles yet.  But I have to agree with the top two so far being Laslow and Kaze.  When choosing between those two, it depends on what you're shooting for.  Are you trying to create the best compatible pairing in which both parties benefit, or are you looking for the pairing that produces the best kids?

For the first option choose Laslow.  On pair-up Laslow gives her extra bulk as a Hero, or added movement as a Bow Knight.  Azura gives him speed which he desperately needs, but I rarely have her in the back of a pair-up since I want her to sing all the time.  So I usually have Laslow replicate that way he can support Azura in Guard and Rally at the same time (Azura gives him Rally Speed, so that's always a plus).  Soleil and Shigure are pretty decent; but Azura hurts Soleil's bulk and Laslow dings Shigure's speed a bit.

For an optimized Shigure and Midori in Conquest, choose Kaze.  Both kids inherit +4 skill and +7 speed modifiers from their parents, and should have a shot at reaching those caps thanks to their solid growth rates.  They should also have no problem maxing out strength.  It's also worth nothing that Azura (excluding Luck Boon Corrin) is the best mother for Midori if you are going for the 100% Miracle build since she can pass down Luck +4.  Pairing wise, Azura and Kaze aren't that great together since they don't need each other's skill and speed bonues.  Their bonuses would be better served on slower or less accurate units.  Azura only benefits from Kaze's Miraculous Save and +1 movement boost as a Master Ninja.  Azura gives Kaze +5 Luck, but what character not named Midori cares about Luck?

Hope this helps.  I chose Laslow by the way since I found the supports too cute to pass up.  And Soleil hitting on her mom was an added bonus!

I pair Azura with Corrin.

Corrin is a very unlikable character & fails miserably as an avatar. The vast majority of his support barely delves into his background but otherwise a nice excuse to know more about the cast's background, but you're more than likely will find that out when read some one else's support. Corrin's best support seems to be among his retainers (including SIlas) & his siblings.

Azura, on other hand does just that & more. In their support you find out more about how Corrin is dealing with his decisions & the consequences while also learning Azura's time in Hoshido. They're practically the perfect foil for each other & Azura's loyalty toward Corrin can be endearing although it can be questionable at times. Not to mention she's more than willing to criticize Corrin's naive but never to the point she's harsh about it which is more welcoming when everyone nearly shills toward Corrin. Granted she still does that too, but it doesn't change my point.

And to address the elephant in the room, yes I still think they're the perfect match each other despite being cousins. Ignoring the medieval setting & trying to say it's ok, this was incredibly force. The fact that I had to write this as a spoil is beyond stupid since them being relate serves absolutely no purpose. I'm not sure why they have to related with each other since Mikoto looks nothing like Arete whatsoever. I swear the guy who wrote Fate needs lay off the incest kink because not everyone is exactly open minded about it. However, them being cousin doesn't detract any of my reason on why I think Azura's love interest is Corrin.

Edited by Zangetsu

In Birthright I marry Azura to Jakob. In Conquest it varies depending on Corrin's gender. If the file has male Corrin, I marry Azura to Xander since he can't S support a male avatar. If the file has female Corrin I have Azura marry Jakob as well.

In Revelations I always marry Azura to male Corrin since it's her only happy ending route and again default to Jakob if the file has female Corrin. I think next time though in a female Corrin file I'll try marrying Azura to Laslow and just have Peri marry Jakob instead because I really like that singer/dancer dynamic.

• 2 years later...
On 12/5/2017 at 6:27 PM, anniec8711 said:

I can only answer for Conquest since I haven't played the other Fates titles yet.  But I have to agree with the top two so far being Laslow and Kaze.  When choosing between those two, it depends on what you're shooting for.  Are you trying to create the best compatible pairing in which both parties benefit, or are you looking for the pairing that produces the best kids?

For the first option choose Laslow.  On pair-up Laslow gives her extra bulk as a Hero, or added movement as a Bow Knight.  Azura gives him speed which he desperately needs, but I rarely have her in the back of a pair-up since I want her to sing all the time.  So I usually have Laslow replicate that way he can support Azura in Guard and Rally at the same time (Azura gives him Rally Speed, so that's always a plus).  Soleil and Shigure are pretty decent; but Azura hurts Soleil's bulk and Laslow dings Shigure's speed a bit.

For an optimized Shigure and Midori in Conquest, choose Kaze.  Both kids inherit +4 skill and +7 speed modifiers from their parents, and should have a shot at reaching those caps thanks to their solid growth rates.  They should also have no problem maxing out strength.  It's also worth nothing that Azura (excluding Luck Boon Corrin) is the best mother for Midori if you are going for the 100% Miracle build since she can pass down Luck +4.  Pairing wise, Azura and Kaze aren't that great together since they don't need each other's skill and speed bonues.  Their bonuses would be better served on slower or less accurate units.  Azura only benefits from Kaze's Miraculous Save and +1 movement boost as a Master Ninja.  Azura gives Kaze +5 Luck, but what character not named Midori cares about Luck?

Hope this helps.  I chose Laslow by the way since I found the supports too cute to pass up.  And Soleil hitting on her mom was an added bonus!

I've played all three paths and wholeheartedly agree that both of them are great pairings for Azura based on their chemistry alone. I also paired Azura and Subaki in Birthright. It's simple, but I like "The knight in shining armor" dynamic, the conversations are cute, a pegasus knight father for Shigure, and the headcanon that Subaki can one-shot Vallite soldiers without even knowing anything about the place.