How many of you have the willpower to hold feathers?

shadowofchaos

As soon as I hit 20k... its promotion time.  Though, I tend to avoid 3* --> 4* promotions (i.e. for skills) when possible and save up as much for 4* ---> 5* promotions instead.

I don't think I've ever reached 30k feathers.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't so much hoard them as realise one day that I have 200,000 sitting there unused and think it would be a waste to just keep them there, sadly they have lost a lot of use because most of the skills I would want are on 5* locked units 

The max I have is 220,000 feathers.

Which is probably a sign I should use them more.

I did use up 60k to promote Gordin, Hana and Roderick for skill inheritance so I'm finally doing inheritance promotions.

As long as I have 100k for emergencies it should be fine.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Box size limitations are a bitch.

Also, I'm slowly running out of units worth promoting. I should be down to about 300,000 feathers soon once I get my Awakening Tiki to +5 (don't have enough duplicates lying around to go higher because box size).

Then promote characters that aren't worth it.

I recently hit about 250K, but then I promoted Catria for the upcoming gauntlet. Though I'm still back to about 245K

Most I've had is around 50k. Some promotions I kind of regret, like Cecillia. But my feathers are pretty much tied up well into the 200ks from +10s to long overdue LnD3's and a few Quick Ripostes.

50 minutes ago, ExKalibur said:

As soon as I hit 20k... its promotion time.  Though, I tend to avoid 3* --> 4* promotions (i.e. for skills) when possible and save up as much for 4* ---> 5* promotions instead.

I don't think I've ever reached 30k feathers.

This, this and this.

Seriously, why would I not want to do this? It only adds extra valuable characters and it helps for stuff like Arena Assault and the like.

7 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

What else are you going to use them for? Just promote characters that you like. 

I've run out of characters that I like because every new character is a goddamn 5-star that doesn't need to be promoted.

No point in holding feathers past 20k. I want to promote my heroes! 

So far I've raised eight heroes (Eliwood, Sharena, Serra, Catria, Rebecca, Raven, Nino, and Reinhardt) up to 5 star, some starting from 2 and 3 star levels. It feels good, and I have far more 4 star than 5 star heroes. Gotta keep working on them and build out the army! 

I think I hit 38k one time. I’d really like to hoard feathers, but I’ve never had enough of a lull in units I need/want to promote for hoarding. 

Once I get through the top three promots on my list I think I’m going to start saving to have a 20k stockpile saved for whenever I pull a 4* Soren or Seliph. 

22 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I've run out of characters that I like because every new character is a goddamn 5-star that doesn't need to be promoted.

That's one of the reasons I want more 3*s in the pool, or at least start denoting more units to 4*.  We've had what, 3 new 4*s in the last 4 months?  We can't even promote new 4*s for skills, because anything halfay decent is 5* locked.

Most I've saved up is around 60k. I typically like to have at least 20k, just in case I find a Unit I want/need to promote.

Typically I spend them on GHB units, or If I have a 5* with bad IV's I might promote a 4* of the same character up and merge. When Berkut comes back in a few days, my next batches of feathers will go to him. 

I also spend them on some Units for SI, most of the time it is 3* to 4*, but sometimes I go the 4* to 5*. 

Highest I've ever managed was 80,000, I stop looking for a couple months and suddenly I have more feathers than most people can ever get, I don't promote much because most of my favorites are already 5* anyways and it's only ever GHB units who ever even see the light of promotion, more often than not I promote for skills which always feels hollow and like a waste. I promoted wrys just for slow+, and while slow+ is good it felt like a waste of feathers same for fae and light breath+.

I don't think iv'e gotten higher than 25000 or so. I have a list of characters I want to promote that is pretty long. I have already ground a bunch of sp onto michalis in anticipation. I have a celecia, a tailtiu, some type of dagger user and all three of the starting characters (because they keep getting used for quests), all of which i want to promote. And that does not even begin to account for merges and skill fodder.  I have spent quite a few feathers just on promoting 3* skill fodder to 4* so that I can get blue tomebreaker or whatever.

Most I've gathered at once without spending was 96.6K (yesterday). Then I dropped 40K to give my +1 Reinhardt 2 merges. I just don't have much to do with feathers for the time being. Sure, I do have plans on potentially building a Dragon Emblem team (I do have a Ninian, though she is +Res/-Spd, a +Res/-Def Fae, a +Def/-Spd adult Tiki, and a +Atk/-Spd Nowi in my barracks) but I just don't have the units to spare for SI (No infantry Roys, lack of Subakis, etc.).

I just got my Arena rewards so I managed to beat you by a little. I had a bit more Feathers last week, but I decided to give my Reinhardt a little few more merges.

Spoiler

d8rZsb6.png

The most I’ve had simultaneously was 42k when saving for Ursula and blade+ for Ursula. Then I had about 30k when saving for Arvis, but CYL Ike happened instead of Deirdre and I 5★’d a Subaki for Sharena.

Now I usually spend feathers as soon as I reach 20k unless I need some urgent 4★ inheritance efforts.

I don't know how you guys get so much feathers oh wait there's chain challenges, I need to do a lot of the lower ones as I've only done most of the orbs ones. Anyways I only get maybe up to 25k max before I promote. I always have someone to promote, whether it be Marth who wants to be +4 or Camilla/Fae who decide to stalk me or a unit I just promote to merge (mainly Robin and Nino)