How many of you have the willpower to hold feathers?

shadowofchaos

8 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

What else are you going to use them for? Just promote characters that you like. 

I don't know how lucky you are, but not everyone is able to pull off such feats of luck like having at least 1 of every 5* exclusive skill on SI fodder.

Hell, I was considering promoting a Hana earlier just so I had some LnD3 fodder for anyone who needed it, and that was before I happened to get a Jaffar randomly. And even then I STILL need loads of SI fodder for so many of my units. I have at least 7 or 8 units who need Quick Riposte 3, a number of units who need their weapons changed, I'm not even going to mention how often I need to promote Hinatas from 3* to 4* (it doesn't sound like much, but the number of feathers I have to spend giving my units Fury 3 adds up).

That's usually why I have such a backlog of units who I want to promote to 5*. If I promoted characters I liked, none of my units would be any good, and yet I still have units who are not any good. I can't agree with what you say at all.

...so no I don't bother saving feathers at all. In fact, if I'm anywhere above 15k feathers I'll just start sending units home.

Edited by Xenomata

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This should be changed to 

How many of you have the willpower to hold Orbs?

Since holding on to feathers is pretty easy.... holding orbs is harder because the urge to pull is always there lol

1 hour ago, Xenomata said:

I don't know how lucky you are, but not everyone is able to pull off such feats of luck like having at least 1 of every 5* exclusive skill on SI fodder.

Hell, I was considering promoting a Hana earlier just so I had some LnD3 fodder for anyone who needed it, and that was before I happened to get a Jaffar randomly. And even then I STILL need loads of SI fodder for so many of my units. I have at least 7 or 8 units who need Quick Riposte 3, a number of units who need their weapons changed, I'm not even going to mention how often I need to promote Hinatas from 3* to 4* (it doesn't sound like much, but the number of feathers I have to spend giving my units Fury 3 adds up).

That's usually why I have such a backlog of units who I want to promote to 5*. If I promoted characters I liked, none of my units would be any good, and yet I still have units who are not any good. I can't agree with what you say at all.

...so no I don't bother saving feathers at all. In fact, if I'm anywhere above 15k feathers I'll just start sending units home.

Oh, I rarely promote for skills. I would rather get the units, but I also am incredibly indecisive, so I'm left with a stockpile of feathers. Plus, promoting for character and/or exclusive weapon holders means a lot of reds.... Either way, I was more so referring to them since they seem to have nothing left to use them for.

I broke 100k once a while back, but that went down fast. While the 8% banner was disappointing from a 5* standpoint, I ended up pulling my final Cordelia. So I upped her to 5 and merged down so that my 4* could be +10 while having access to Brave+, Galeforce, and Triangle Adept 3. Also I pulled Bridal Cordelia and decided to use my Klein to give her Death Blow 3 and Brave Bow+. And while I was at it I decided to use a Gordin to give Lyn Brave Bow+. Add that to getting the Trio to 4* and upping a bunch of 3* Felicia's to 4* for a +10 kinda dropped my supply down 60k.

I technically have an impossibly long list of things to do, so much of the time I waffle until I end up fully leaning one way. Technically my dragons all need Lightning Breath+ and the weapon refinery has pushed for some weapon upgrades which require 5* some heroes. I don't want to burn up my surplus just incase I get a particularly scratch and need to burn 40-60k to itch it. So I waffle until that itch pushes me over.

3 hours ago, Prince Endriu said:

I am actually planning to hoard feathers for a while - as I want to promote and merge certain units (like Nino and Cecilia), doesnt make make much sense if I do one at a time, 

This, too, actually.

When merging, it's more economical to do all 10 merges at once than to do them one at a time because you can chain merge instead of merging all of them into the same base for a total of 6,600 SP (as long as you keep spending it as you chain) instead of the usual 1,200 SP.

15 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

This, too, actually.

When merging, it's more economical to do all 10 merges at once than to do them one at a time because you can chain merge instead of merging all of them into the same base for a total of 6,600 SP (as long as you keep spending it as you chain) instead of the usual 1,200 SP.

Well, sp isnt my main concern - it will come eventually, I usually work on it and hm during TT. The thing is, for me its mostly the atk and sometimes spd upgrade thats interesting when merging. Atk is usually upgraded at +1+4+6 and +9. So I generally start with +1 (especially when I have a better or optimal IV at my disposal - like Peri right now) and let it be. Then I go for +4 with three merges. After that I work on a different unit. With time I will go for +6. Of course availability of units also plays a vital role. Currently I have enough lilinas, ninos and cecilias for a +10 unit. 

I had like 85k as my highest a while back. I have too many units I'd like to upgrade, merge, or give skills to for me to just hoard. I have almost 60k right now, and I'm waiting for Christmas Tharja in case she needs LaD or some other expensive skills. Otherwise I'd probably drop 44k on building a Brave Sword Hana like I've wanted to for a while.

I did for a while, there was a time when I didn't want to go below 60,000. So whenever I got 80,000 I would promote another unit. Right now though, I have about 17,000. They've been releasing some pretty good Tempest Trials bonus characters, so that was one reason why I've used them recently. I'm actually going to start promoting some units I already have to five star so I can do some merging. I don't have a lot of merged units.

1 hour ago, shadowofchaos said:

My next question is how many quests can you guys hoard?

I mean... why, other than for lulz?

Also, I recently had about 170k feathers, more out of having nobody worth promoting. Then 2.0 happened, and suddenly heroes like Serra or Caeda became more interesting, not to mention I finally got Nino ready for promotion. Still have about 100k, but several 4* heroes are about to reach Lvl 40 so the Promotion spree is imminent.

The most I've accumulated happened very recently, around 83,000. Up to that point I hadn't really known (or had) any I cared to promote until I got a couple good 4 Stars in the Legendary Banner (Eirika and Leon), both of whom I promoted almost right away. Usually I do like to keep at least 20,000 or so around in case I need an "emergency" promotion, such as for Tempest Trial bonus units and 4/5 Star locked fodder weapons/skills, but otherwise if there's a unit sitting around that I'd like to promote I don't feel the need to hold onto my Feathers.

Pretty easy because I've got a bad case of "but what if i need this LATER". I didn't even mean to save so many feathers, it just happens, then I go "oh i'll promote a bunch next tmie" but there's always other units who need SP or leveling up over the weekend or I'll forget them or there's some thing that needs my stamina more.

I think even when I work my way through all these feathers (I finally got around to spending 60k of my 160k on the askr trio and I'm already almost at 140k) I'll always keep 20k in stock as a "just in case" fund.

I'm not updating for skills....yet. But hte pokedex, it calls!

11 minutes ago, Frenzify said:

But if I hoard feathers, I'll just be delaying the birth of my very own +10 Beruka.

20,000 feathers now and 200,000 when you get your 11th copy is the same as 20,000 feathers 11 times as you get copies.

On 12/6/2017 at 10:03 AM, Ice Dragon said:

This, too, actually.

Wait can you care to explain this?

Since well... I never merge.

33 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Wait can you care to explain this?

Since well... I never merge.

So, if you have 11 copies of a unit, say, A (intended base), B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, and K and merge them like this:

• Merge B into A. A goes from +0 to +1. A gains 120 SP.
  • Merge C into A. A goes from +1 to +2. A gains 120 SP.
  • Merge K into A. A goes from +9 to +10. A gains 120 SP.

You get a total of 1,200 SP.

However, if you do it this way:

• Merge K into J. J goes from +0 to +1. J gains 120 SP.
  • Merge J (+1) into I. I goes from +0 to +2. I gains 240 SP.
  • Merge I (+2) into H. H goes from +0 to +3. H gains 360 SP.
  • Merge H (+3) into G. G goes from +0 to +4. G gains 480 SP.
  • Merge B (+9) into A. A goes from +0 to +10. A gains 1,200 SP.

Copy A still only gains 1,200 SP, but you got 5,400 SP along the way for a total of 6,600 SP. You just need to make sure to use that SP before you do the next merge in the chain.

Edited by Ice Dragon

57 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

So, if you have 11 copies of a unit, say, A (intended base), B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, and K and merge them like this:

• Merge B into A. A goes from +0 to +1. A gains 120 SP.
  • Merge C into A. A goes from +1 to +2. A gains 120 SP.
  • Merge K into A. A goes from +9 to +10. A gains 120 SP.

You get a total of 1,200 SP.

However, if you do it this way:

• Merge K into J. J goes from +0 to +1. J gains 120 SP.
  • Merge J (+1) into I. I goes from +0 to +2. I gains 240 SP.
  • Merge I (+2) into H. H goes from +0 to +3. H gains 360 SP.
  • Merge H (+3) into G. G goes from +0 to +4. G gains 480 SP.
  • Merge B (+9) into A. A goes from +0 to +10. A gains 1,200 SP.

Copy A still only gains 1,200 SP, but you got 5,400 SP along the way for a total of 6,600 SP. You just need to make sure to use that SP before you do the next merge in the chain.

Huh... Interesting.

Didn't know it worked that way.

So if you have the ideal nature, you're better off saving it from getting merged last.

9 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

20,000 feathers now and 200,000 when you get your 11th copy is the same as 20,000 feathers 11 times as you get copies.

You have a point there. But still, I just like to see her get more powerful with each merging.

On 12/5/2017 at 10:08 PM, ExKalibur said:

As soon as I hit 20k... its promotion time.  Though, I tend to avoid 3* --> 4* promotions (i.e. for skills) when possible and save up as much for 4* ---> 5* promotions instead.

I don't think I've ever reached 30k feathers.

Yep. There are enough units I want to get to 5* just because I like them, and nothing in the game is so dire that if I spend my feathers just before I get it and need to wait a while it's really going to bug me. Heck, I have a million characters who want L&D, QR, or something else, but I'm still probably going to promote my +spd/-res Marth first just because I want to see him with Falchion. If it's skills for something actually time-sensitive like a GHB the level 2 versions have always worked for me.