Overall Favorites: Axe Infantry

Doodlebug Four

Favorite Axe Users  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Fighters, Brigands, Pirates, Oni Savage and Berserkers

• It's been a long time since I played Shadow Dragon, having lost it and numerous other DS/3DS games on a trip, but I recall Barst being quite good.
  • I'd like to use Iucharba if I ever make it to Gen 2 of Genealogy of the Holy War, just for the sake of having a playable Warrior on my team.
  • Dagdar's one of the few Jagens I actually like using
  • Playable Brigands/Barbarians are always cool.  Hence, Marty, Gonzalez, and Rinkah are cool.
    • How I see it, Oni Savages/Chieftains are essentially a reimagining of Mystery of the Emblem Barbarians with their emphasis on Defense.  Also worth noting that Mystery of the Emblem also had an enemy Flame Tribe in one chapter.
  • Orsin's pretty cool too, I suppose.  (PUGI PUGI PUGI)
  • I would use Geitz if I could access his recruitment chapter
  • Charlotte is one of my favorite units in Fates (and Fire Emblem in general) for her big, juicy ...Critical hit rates.
    • Come to think of it, she might be the reason why I have such a huge soft spot for Fighters/Brigands in general.

Well, those are my two cents.  Though, if you're only doing infantry, maybe you should retitle this thread "Axefighters" instead of "Axe Users", since there are plenty of other non-infantry classes that use Axes (especially Axe Cavaliers and Wyvern Riders).

Edited by Von Ithipathachai

When it comes to Axe users I LIKE ALL OF THEM! However, some axe users I think are better than others, for instance Nolan is probably the most well rounded axe user in FE, Hawkeye has a lot of def. Dart is ridiculously fast he even double sword masters, Darros is a pretty cool character, Geitz is awesome, Dorcas has a beard so he's good automatically, Dagdar has a beard AND A HAMMER so we know he's awesome. Charlotte, Rinkah and Arthur are all cool with Rinkah and Arthur being tankier on average. I think I like Orsin's character more than Halvan but both are pretty good I think. In FE7 I usually bring every Axe user I have, Fates and Awakening I always use any axe infantry I get my hands on.

This forum popped up at a very convenient time, I'm doing a run of Fates where I'm turning everyone into Axe users, Berserkers, Wyvern lords, Great Knights, Heroes, and Dread Fighters with an emphasis on Berserkers and Wyvern lords. It's turning out to be a lot of fun.

Why is Ross not included?

Anyway my picks are:

• Dorcas cause memes and Heroes
  • Dart cause pirates are my favorite and that amazing speed and strength (no accuracy tho)
  • Ross for being a potential pirate and a basically slower Dart that can reliably hit enemies
  • Boyd is everything I could ever ask for in a fighter. Strong, fast, and skillful (plus I like his design and his weird obsession for belts in his outfit)
  • Rinkah, contrary to her muscles, may not be the strongest but fast and tanky is good (fire manipulation, badass clubs + magic, and did I mention muscular women? sign me up)
  • Charlotte has supports I’m fond of, some of my favorite cipher artwork, and I just tend to like brute characters in general

I would add dapper looking Lex in here but I guess horses are a no go

M-must the first post always have some kind of innuendo...? Ugh.

Anyway, I'm just gonna say this straight up - axe infantry tend to be my least favorite class BY FAR. Too many of them have the cookie-cutter build of high HP and Strength, and mediocre to low everything else. I hate it. Making things worse, even the ones who deviate from this tend to not be very good (case in point: Fates' axe infantry). As a result, I tend to shun most of them, with the exception of the few who manage to earn my respect. Those few are Nolan, Barst, Geitz, Largo, Vaike, and Basilio.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia