Why is it that Fire Emblem has more male fans?

Christactics

6 minutes ago, edgelordweeaboo said:

the origin of the name comes from when i made my osu account and i thought "everyone who plays this game is an edgelord weeaboo and i kinda like anime and metal music so i'll name myself edgelordweeb and it stuck. not sure how my name makes me any of the things you listed except for maybe a troll. that or you saw the weeb part and just thought "yup special needs" because i could definitely see that one too

Yup, that's where the mind naturally jumps from a name like that. I mean, it's a little rude to make assumptions, but still, the name is "edgelordweeaboo" I legit can't think of a more troll-y name than that. (other than mabye "IHateFireEmblem666")

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't get back to this thread for a while since I've been busy, and it seems a lot of other people have had my back with responses (thanks gang!)

On 12/13/2017 at 10:35 AM, edgelordweeaboo said:

no, you've said in almost every one of your posts specifically straight white male. do you claim that only white men exhibit "hypermasculinity" and racism/sexism? 

This post, too, was resolved as far as I can tell, so I just want to move on and say a few words:

I hope you understand that none of what I have said in this entire thread is meant to be an attack on you, or men as a whole, or straight white men in particular (which I am, and I presume you and many other people here to be as well). You aren't my opponent; you (and everyone else, including myself) are a person who is learning and challenging new things (as all people should). That said, I know I'm an arrogant motherfucker and come across that way all the time, and since this is the internet, that side of me comes more than usual, especially when discussing something I happen to have a lot of experience in.

There's a LOT out there backing up the things I've said in this thread. The intent of my words, or those I've quoted and shared, is not to shame people into changing their behavior, because shame is a shitty motivator. Rather, the intent is to create awareness, which is the ultimate motivator. There's a shortage of good male role models out there, but by cultivating empathy and developing awareness, we can become those role models, and challenge others to become them as well.

I've never thought FE was centered around being a " boys " game, which it isn't, so the reason is so dominated with male players is because gaming in general is guy-dominated. For me, personally,  I hated the idea of " boy " game and "girl" game. I believe anyone should have a right to play and enjoy a game. In particular, I'm currently mad at Style Savvy, because it goes on a stereotypical route of fashion design and modeling is for girls. As someone, who loves all kinds visual art, it really annoys how companies are focusing on fashion design as a girl thing only.