An in-depth review of why shipping is vital to the Fire Emblem series

Thane

I like Est, so I don't share your opinion in saying that Abel has shit taste. However, Kaga has always had the habit of kind of making sure that not everyone is happy, particularly in love lives. 

• As you said: Palla loves Abel, Abel loves Est, and while Est loves Abel back, she's too so guilt ridden that she left Abel.
  • Catria loves Marth, but Marth and Caeda are together. 
  • Nothing to me tops the tragic love that is Nyna and Camus. Especially given that their relationship is what causes a lot of the things in FE3/12. 
  • Tobin and Gray compete for Clair's feelings, and Gray wins, and Tobin pretty much remains alone. 
  • Sigurd gets killed and his wife is pretty much NTR'd. Wow. 
  • Altena and Arion love one another, but they seem to never have gotten together. 
    To this day, there's still arguments I see about Lachesis love life in regards to Finn and Beowulf.
Edited by omegaxis1

Chrom chooses the blundering Sumia over the super competent warrior Cordelia, all because one of them bakes pies for him.

Tharja can't even get with female Robin without mods, even though she is equally obsessed with her as she is with the male version.

Marth chooses not to indulge Catria's feelings, even when Caeda dies.

Alm goes for Celica instead of the darling Clair.

You can't pair Jesse with Silque, or Lukas with her.

Scarlet can't get with Ryoma.

Flora can't get with Jakob.

No Leo x Niles.

Kris x Katarina is left up in the air.

Ike x Soren isn't a thing.

We never actually get to see Genny x Saber, even though it's most definitely a thing.

On the topic of Saber, we can't pair him with Celica.

I myself am incapable of shipping with Catria.  Or even shipping her with anyone else.  SHE DOESN'T DESERVE TO BE FOREVER ALONE, GODDAMMIT!

These are just a few of the many issues hampering Fire Emblem's true potential.

Though at least I can pair Roy with Cecilia, or my avatar with 'Boro.  Sorry, Takumeme, I love you like a brother, but I love being a scumbag.  Don't worry, though, I'll give you Hana, who will bop you on the head whenever you misbehave.

3 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:
  • Nothing to me tops the tragic love that is Nyna and Camus. Especially given that their relationship is what causes a lot of the things in FE3/12.

Goddammit, Nyna and Camus.  Stop trying to turn FE into a more destructive Romeo and Juliet.

7 minutes ago, Tryhard said:

5 responses in and no-one has mentioned Clive

That's because Clive x Six Feet of Dirt exists :Kappa:

Sorry, Clive; I don't actually hate you.

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

I thought this was going to be a serious thing, then I realized that's in FFtF

Nice job Thane!

Never underestimate the slyness of Thane.

Or his love for optimal Whitewing ships.

1 minute ago, Ertrick36 said:

Chrom chooses the blundering Sumia over the super competent warrior Cordelia, all because one of them bakes pies for him.

Actually, Cordelia really shouldn't be with Chrom. With her attitude, she would literally drive herself to ruin. It's really in her personality, which in itself is self-destructive. And apart from the supports, Sumia really isn't that bad of a pick for Chrom for me. 

1 minute ago, Ertrick36 said:

Marth chooses not to indulge Catria's feelings, even when Caeda dies.

Did Catria ever tell him? 

2 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

Alm goes for Celica instead of the darling Clair.

Remake of Gaiden, where Clair had a garbage personality with garbage stats. 

2 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

You can't pair Jesse with Silque, or Lukas with her.

That really sucks. 

3 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

Scarlet can't get with Ryoma.

Flora can't get with Jakob.

Words cannot describe how shitty that is. Fates made two girls that should be with another end up being Corrin-sexuals.

3 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

Kris x Katarina is left up in the air.

Goddammit why?!

4 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

Ike x Soren isn't a thing.

I'm more for Ike x Elincia.

4 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

Goddammit, Nyna and Camus.  Stop trying to turn FE into a more destructive Romeo and Juliet.

The sad thing is that its true.

Shipping is extremely important as I usually purchase my games online.

Also, Est jokes are extremely old and cliche by now.

Edited by Ϲharlie

1 hour ago, Thane said:

Abel chooses Est over Palla, proving that people in our armies have shit taste and it's up to us to make sure they make sensible decisions with their private lives.

Say that to people who use the shipping mechanic to make pairings as bad as AbelxEst.

I'm amazed no one has brought up Micaiah and Sothe or Astrid and Malakov yet.

And seriously there should be an option for Micaiah x Black Knight shippers, she doesn't even react to his

Spoiler

death

in the English version, I know it's a glitch but still. Those two are my OTP.

10 minutes ago, Lost Impact said:

Micaiah and Sothe

This. If we go by the Tellius Recollection books (where Sothe is 17), Micaiah apparently met Sothe when he was around 7 years old and traveled everywhere with him for a decade, save for the one year they were separated in PoR. She practically raised him, so their paired ending comes across as some Woody Allen shit.

Edited by UNLEASH IT

Palla? Abel could do better than that. Like, for example, Catria.
...what's that? She loves Marth?
Brb gonna make a CatriaxMarthxAbel fanfic with some sweet, sweet furry action.

1 hour ago, Tryhard said:

5 responses in and no-one has mentioned Clive

Because they themselves are an exception that proves the rule. Besides, it's obvious that the tragedy there is the better knight is sidelined after the war. I also don't see Clive himself being okay with that. (I'm a bit serious here to be fair, though that's as much because Mathilda's so much better)

There's also the awkwardness of Leaf and Nanna's background and how they're pushed together in Thracia as a result of said background. Also Linoan and Deen, another pair that Kaga pulled the rug under.

8 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Because they themselves are an exception that proves the rule. Besides, it's obvious that the tragedy there is the better knight is sidelined after the war. I also don't see Clive himself being okay with that. (I'm a bit serious here to be fair, though that's as much because Mathilda's so much better)

There's also the awkwardness of Leaf and Nanna's background and how they're pushed together in Thracia as a result of said background. Also Linoan and Deen, another pair that Kaga pulled the rug under.

Kaga liked pissing off shippers though. He made Lewyn/Erinys canon then implied that Beowulf was Delmund's father, much to the chagrin of Finn/Lachesis shippers.

1 minute ago, UNLEASH IT said:

Kaga liked pissing off shippers though. He made Lewyn/Erinys canon then implied that Beowulf was Delmund's father, much to the chagrin of Finn/Lachesis shippers.

Kaga: the shipper's worst nightmare in FE.

2 minutes ago, UNLEASH IT said:

Kaga's the captain of the Titanic of FE OTPs.

Just sink them all.

I guess IS decided to carry that legacy on by making certain desirable pairs unattainable.