An in-depth review of why shipping is vital to the Fire Emblem series

Thane

6 minutes ago, UNLEASH IT said:

Kaga liked pissing off shippers though. He made Lewyn/Erinys canon then implied that Beowulf was Delmund's father, much to the chagrin of Finn/Lachesis shippers.

Like I said, to this day, people still argue over the pairing regarding Lachesis and her two suitors. I'm for Finn. Why? Oosawa, that's why.

2 minutes ago, UNLEASH IT said:

Fucking imagine if they pulled something like that today. Like they released a sequel for Awakening where certain 1st genĀ pairings were made canon. IMAGINE the shitstorm

The real shitstorm: Chrom/F!Robin fans having that pairingĀ deconfirmed. That would be a firestorm of an incident.

It's funny, because Kaga seemed a bit more okay with shipping in TearRing, at least for some units. Wonder why that changed?

3 hours ago, Thane said:

Abel chooses Est over Palla, proving that people in our armies have shit taste and it's up to us to make sure they make sensible decisions with their private lives.

Pretty much.

I'm, like, 95% certain that if we let them choose their own partners, it would bring about Armageddon in real life because it's a scientific fact that video games cause disasters in real life.

3 hours ago, omegaxis1 said:

Actually, Cordelia really shouldn't be with Chrom. With her attitude, she would literally drive herself to ruin. It's really in her personality, which in itself is self-destructive. And apart from the supports, Sumia really isn't that bad of a pick for Chrom for me.Ā 

And what's the one support she has that doesn't talk about Chrom whatsoever and helps her get over herself, it's Male Robin. OTP right there, I don't care if Lucina is canon Cordelia ftw! Doesn't help Cordelia's original design did resemble Lucina

3 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

Kris x Katarina is left up in the air.

I still consider that to have happened and then somehow a wormhole opened and took their purple haired mage kid and transported them to Magvel.

1 minute ago, LucarioGamer812 said:

And what's the one support she has that doesn't talk about Chrom whatsoever and helps her get over herself, it's Male Robin. OTP right there, I don't care if Lucina is canon Cordelia ftw! Doesn't help Cordelia's original design did resemble Lucina

RobiCina FTW! XP

1 minute ago, LucarioGamer812 said:

I still consider that to have happened and then somehow a wormhole opened and took their purple haired mage kid and transported them to Magvel.

I really don't like Lute, so I really hope that isn't Katarina and Kris' kid. Just no.Ā 

Real Talk:

You don't actually have to hook them up, but the supports do a wonderful job fleshing the characters. Which was one of my major gripes with Echoes. Seriously why can't Valabar talk to Kamui?

Ā 

26 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

RobiCina FTW! XP

Can't tell if guy is sarcastic or not.

Edited by Zangetsu

2 hours ago, omegaxis1 said:

Like I said, to this day, people still argue over the pairing regarding Lachesis and her two suitors. I'm for Finn. Why? Oosawa, that's why.

But Beowulf was left out because the author disliked him right? There! Disproven!Ā Wait a minute. He canonically dies at Belhalla so... DAMN IT!

7 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Can't tell if guy is sarcastic or not.

Very serious. Robin and Lucina is my favorite ship in Awakening.

3 minutes ago, familyplayer said:

But Beowulf was left out because the author disliked him right? There! Disproven!Ā Wait a minute. He canonically dies at Belhalla so... DAMN IT!

The only reason that he even gets together with Lachesis is just cause he knew Eldigan. Finn had to work to get her affections clearly. Though sadly, the death of his Lord really hit him hard, so he likely closed off more of his emotions which caused issues with his marriage with Lachesis, as stated by that one lady.