Bayonetta 3, 1 & 2 coming to Switch

Lightchao42

Wow, that's awesome Bayonetta 3 is coming to the Nintendo Switch. I am almost done playing Bayonetta 1 on the Wii U and going to play Bayonetta 2 next after finishing up the final chapter for Bayonetta 1, can't wait to get Bayonetta 3 for the Nintendo Switch.

Hoo boy. I'm not a Bayonetta fan myself (that said I'm willing to get into the series if given the chance) but I have a friend who's a big fan of it, and he's not internet-able right now until tomorrow.

He's gonna lose his fucking mind.

hes actually on the forum but he hasnt done anything for like a year

Well, I'm glad to see Bayonetta getting a third installment. I never got around to finishing the Wonderful 101 or purchasing any of the Bayonetta games, but now it seems I may get that chance with the Switch since I missed the Wii U ports.

Man, when I finally manage to pick up a Switch there will be so many good games to play!

Fingers crossed that Bayonetta 3 is the best-selling title Platinum has ever produced. At this point she's their only original, main title character to have a series longer than one game, and those boys in the Kamiya Krew deserve some more financial success on their own IP. Bayo2 was bloody awesome, and it (like almost every Wii U exclusive that wasn't Zelda or Smash) undersold due to the Wii U install base (or lack thereof).

Now, onto hard-hitting speculation: New hairstyle! What will it be?! I don't know that it can get better than the short cut from 2, but who knows?

So when Bayo 2 released to rave reviews, people made a big stink about the game's exclusivity. Despite the game only existing via Nintendo's greenlight. So my theory has always been that people weren't mad about the exclusivity, but at the fact it was exclusive to the 300 dollar wii u. The Switch is totally different in terms of reputation, so I wonder if we'll hear people venting those same frustrations this time around.

Excellent. My Wii U's not going anywhere unless TMS and The Wonderful 101 get ported to Switch so I won't be re-buying 1 + 2, but Bayonetta 3 is worth celebrating. My only real wish is that Jeanne get a proper mode of her own a la Vergil's mode in Devil May Cry 3 or the stories in the Devil May Cry 4 special edition, but otherwise I'm excited to see where Platinum takes the series.

42 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

So when Bayo 2 released to rave reviews, people made a big stink about the game's exclusivity. Despite the game only existing via Nintendo's greenlight. So my theory has always been that people weren't mad about the exclusivity, but at the fact it was exclusive to the 300 dollar wii u. The Switch is totally different in terms of reputation, so I wonder if we'll hear people venting those same frustrations this time around.

I'd imagine the Switch's good reputation will avert all but the most hardcore whiners this time around, yes.

Can we get a version of Bayonetta 2 without Loki? He's so bad I can't even finish the game.

But also yeah, pretty good news about Bayonetta 3. Hope it's as good as the last two. (Bayonetta 2 was good gameplay wise, just didn't like the kid)

Edited by YouSquiddinMe

21 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

So when Bayo 2 released to rave reviews, people made a big stink about the game's exclusivity. Despite the game only existing via Nintendo's greenlight. So my theory has always been that people weren't mad about the exclusivity, but at the fact it was exclusive to the 300 dollar wii u. The Switch is totally different in terms of reputation, so I wonder if we'll hear people venting those same frustrations this time around

It's a little weird seeing a series go from a multiplatform to an exclusive on another console that it wasn't on before (well, before they ported it to the Wii U to combine with the release of the sequel). Nintendo dropped a lot of money to do so, and Sony and Microsoft both decided to turn down funding the sequel.

In an ideal world, I would wish that exclusives were as scarce as possible to let as many people enjoy games as possible. Hence why there was a lot of, and still is, complaining about Bloodborne being a Sony exclusive, a very great game, even if it splintered out of From's multiplatform Dark Souls games.

Edit: Oh yeah, and the same thing for Soul Calibur 6 not being confirmed for the Switch currently, for example.

Edited by Tryhard

Finally I get a bit of good news this week, my real life has been on piece of crud after another.  Bayo 3 is one of my most wanted games so hearing that it is coming is great, I have the fist two and love them. 

5 hours ago, Retyl said:

I'm glad that a new game is being made though I wonder why it's exclusive to Switch. Did Sega not feel like funding this one either?

I'm pretty sure it's a matter of intellectual property now. Same reason why Bayonetta 2 isn't on the switch.

With that out of the way holy hell I'm so excited for these games on the Switch! I'm absolutely going to buy Bayonetta 1 again and probably sink like an entire week into both of them. And now Bayonetta 3 is a thing too!! This is going to be fantastic.

On 12/8/2017 at 12:35 AM, Omegaprism said:

Fingers crossed that Bayonetta 3 is the best-selling title Platinum has ever produced.

It's gonna be tough to beat Nier. I think Bayo 1 is their second best seller at like, just over 1 million? Nier, meanwhile, doubled that.

But the Swtich is hot. If Bayo releases at the right time, when there's enough demand, it might be able to.

List of Wii U Exclusives

Spoiler

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Super Mario 3D World
Rayman Legends
Bayonetta 2
Mario Kart 8
Super Mario Maker

Pikmin 3
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
Splatoon
FAST Racing NEO
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE
Yoshi's Woolly World
The Wonderful 101
ZombiU
Pokken Tournament
Hyrule Warriors

Paper Mario: Color Splash
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
Sonic: Lost World
Rodea the Sky Soldier

Welp, there goes another one.

4 minutes ago, Zera said:

List of Wii U Exclusives

Hide contents

Super Mario 3D World
Rayman Legends
Bayonetta 2
Mario Kart 8
Super Mario Maker

Pikmin 3
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
FAST Racing NEO
Yoshi's Woolly World
The Wonderful 101
ZombiU
Pokken Tournament
Hyrule Warriors

Rodea the Sky Soldier

Thanks for this list! This will be my ticking time bomb for owning a Wii U lol. It's missing the 2 Zelda HD remasters.

The Wii U games that are on 3DS, I'd rather play on Wii U for that higher resolution/better graphics. The ones with better Switch ports like MK8 and Pokken still make me salty. So far only 10 Wii U "exclusives" I care about playing. So not enough to make me sell my system but still pretty poor.

Anyways back on topic, Bayonetta 1 never caught my interest so maybe I'll just jump ship to Bayo 2 and see more of what 3 has to offer.

1 hour ago, Zera said:

List of Wii U Exclusives

Hide contents

Super Mario 3D World
Rayman Legends
Bayonetta 2
Mario Kart 8
Super Mario Maker

Pikmin 3
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
FAST Racing NEO
Yoshi's Woolly World
The Wonderful 101
ZombiU
Pokken Tournament
Hyrule Warriors

Rodea the Sky Soldier

Rodea The Sky Soldier is available on Wii and on 3DS. It was never Wii U exclusive. If anything it was a Wii exclusive that got ported years after its cancelled release.

As for what's not on your list but still warrants mention, Star Fox Zero and its pack in game Star Fox Guard. Game & Wario. Nintendo Land. New Super Mario Bros. U, and New Super Luigi U. Also a Mario Party and Mario Tennis but that's on the border of what I'd think warrants mention just because they're first party.