Soul Calibur VI!

Tsunami922

2 hours ago, Tryhard said:

That leak is looking more likely because of that, though I do believe Zasa was somewhat popular.

You mean the totally-legit-not-at-all-fake-roster-from-4Chan that lists Lucina as a guest character, or some other leak that I missed?

Anyway, Zasalamel was one of those characters I missed when SC5 came around.  Somewhat of a surprise to see him in this game, though it's a welcome surprise all the same.  Ivy is hardly a surprise, but confirmation is good.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

You mean the totally-legit-not-at-all-fake-roster-from-4Chan that lists Lucina as a guest character, or some other leak that I missed?

Anyway, Zasalamel was one of those characters I missed when SC5 came around.  Somewhat of a surprise to see him in this game, though it's a welcome surprise all the same.  Ivy is hardly a surprise, but confirmation is good.

Nah, that's very fake. I mean the one from Vergeben who also predicted TMNT in Injustice 2 and SC6 being announced itself, though he did seem to be inaccurate on other things. He listed Kilik, Xianghua, Maxi, Siegfried, Nightmare, Taki, Talim, Ivy, Cassandra, Astaroth, Zasalamel and Tira at least and mentioned a dual blade character very similar to Groh before the game was announced.

Edited by Tryhard

10 minutes ago, Florete said:

I guess it's no surprise that Ivy still isn't wearing clothes.

She's been that way from day one.

latest?cb=20090603182847

The only question is how they show the absence.

An actual surprise would be Ivy in her primary costume being modest at all. Her alternate costumes generally are (SCV is still rather bad), if not a nun's habit often much more covering still.

SC as whole seems to be rather sexualized. Taki has always had a chest inappropriate for a ninja, and while Talim appears by virtue of her youth to be always kept modest, Sophitia, a mother who in the earlier games dressed appropriately, in the very first game had hidden swimsuit and underwear costumes in the console version.

I'm glad to see Zasalamel. The way his Soul Charge is pulling people near him is interesting. 

I found Ivy's voice to be exceptionnal and her moves are way cooler than I remember. 

Can't wait to see more.

MY BOY IS BACK YO! WOOOOOOOOOOO!

Zasalamel was the one character I was most looking forward to so naturally I'm getting pretty hyped right now. The only thing left for me is a Talim reveal and I'm buying this game day one! So long as I can scrape up the money for it.

17 hours ago, Corrin_Kamui said:

Come on Taki.

I'd like Cassie but she'd be too young so I'll use her sister instead.

I'd say Taki is pretty much a guarantee to be in, in fact I think she'll be one of the ones they show off next, mostly because of how popular she is.

• 2 weeks later...

No, Bandai Namco asks for characters from other publishers a lot. They have had:Link, Yoda, Darth Vader, Ezio, Heihachi, Yoshimitsu, and some others. Having Geralt isn't anything particularly new, but I wonder if he will be a Siegfried/Nightmare clone, or will he use smaller two-handed swords?

I'd like to think that Geralt wouldn't be platform-exclusive if he is indeed a guest character ala Ezio.

Geralt has some interesting concepts with alchemy, bombs, and perhaps the magic signs, but I'd personally prefer to see Ciri over him because he's always been a pretty middling protagonist. Not that I suppose that matters for a fighting game, though.

Edited by Tryhard

I think Geralt makes sense as a guest character in Soul Calibur, haven't played The Witcher games though so he doesn't necessarily make me any more or less excited for SC6. However, I have a feeling that we'll have even more guest characters as DLC later down the line not too dissimilar to how Tekken 7 added Geese  Howard and Noctis. There's always the possibility that their teasing a different crossover and it has nothing to do with Soul Caliber, but again it would make a lot of sense if it does.

Geralt would probably fit more than Yoda or Darth Vader, though I - shockingly enough - have never played any of the Witcher or read the books.

Then again, even a Fire Emblem or Zelda character fit in more than Yoda or Darth Vader, so that's not saying much.

1 hour ago, Ertrick36 said:

Then again, even a Fire Emblem or Zelda character fit in more than Yoda or Darth Vader, so that's not saying much.

This is a reason why people want SC6 on Switch. Link can make a return, and maybe Marth can have a slot in the roster.

51 minutes ago, Hylian Air Force said:

This is a reason why people want SC6 on Switch. Link can make a return, and maybe Marth can have a slot in the roster.

It'd probably be Lucina, Marth isn't nearly as pushed as he used to be, look even at FEHeroes.

People talk about how Geralt is boring but if you take their popularity away, Geralt is probably one of the closest for a guest character that is pretty much just Link that you're gonna get, and then some (two-handing and no shield, I suppose, but he does have bombs and throws in alchemy and some magic too). Trust me, people who haven't played the Witcher series - if he is indeed a guest character, he's going to play well and be interesting, don't worry about it.

Edited by Tryhard

1 minute ago, Tryhard said:

People talk about how Geralt is boring but if you take their popularity away, Geralt is probably one of the closest to a guest character that is pretty much just Link that you're gonna get. Trust me, people who haven't played the Witcher series - if he is indeed a guest character, he's going to play well and be interesting, don't worry about it.

I'd believe it just from friends of mine who've played the games.

3 hours ago, Tsunami922 said:

Just look as the wordings. It sounds like a SoulCalibur announcement.

I'm really hype to see Geralt ingame. Is he going to have Kicks? How will the Signs works in SC? 

Anyway, today's the reveal so we'll see sooner or later.