Soul Calibur VI!

Tsunami922

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Namu namu, mofo!

Another character I was kind of expecting, but a nice confirmation nonetheless.  And I like his new design; it strikes the right balance between "out there" and intimidating/badass.

Maxi's a character I always liked using in the past so seeing him back with some flashy new moves makes me pretty happy. If I'm not mistaken it looks like we may have also gotten a look at a new stage or two in the trailer.

• 2 weeks later...

Is that me or does the U.I did change? 

Honestly, it looks promising and I'm glad that we got to see some Geralt's action.

One last thing, does Siegfried always go into Soul Charge when he's low on health or is that something else?

5 hours ago, Ycine said:

Is that me or does the U.I did change? 

Honestly, it looks promising and I'm glad that we got to see some Geralt's action.

One last thing, does Siegfried always go into Soul Charge when he's low on health or is that something else?

That is a Siegfried-only mechanic called Dark Legacy, IIRC. It activates when he's low on health, no idea what it does though.

I expect Talim because of a certain tweet with the first letter of each line spelling out Talim. She does happen to be the most popular Soul Calibur character when polled so not surprising.

I think he made this one a little obvious unless it's a counter-troll and then I look foolish.

Edited by Tryhard

14 hours ago, Tsunami922 said:

That is a Siegfried-only mechanic called Dark Legacy, IIRC. It activates when he's low on health, no idea what it does though.

Interesting, thank for the info.

13 hours ago, Tryhard said:

I think he made this one a little obvious unless it's a counter-troll and then I look foolish.

Nah, I think it is totally legit. After all, remember the CD Projekt's Tweet about Geralt? They made it obvious too.

Heh, no collector for PC? I know I shouldn't be complaining since we actually got a PC version but I'm still sad that the collector is console only.

And there is a Season Pass? I suppose additional characters but if that's the case does that mean we already have all the base character for SCVI?

On 5/31/2018 at 3:19 PM, Tsunami922 said:

Rounding out the trio, here's the nunchuck man himself:

He got in, nice.

On 5/31/2018 at 6:17 PM, Jedi said:

Oh boy Maxi, time for people to mash in casuals with him.

True, saying as someone who liked using him while not knowing jack on combos.

On 6/17/2018 at 12:26 PM, B.Leu said:

How to say this...
Is it heresy that I completely forgot about Maxi ? I fell like it is.

Good sir. We of the Serenes Forest Soul Calibur 6 hype forum cult would like you, if you would be so kind, to please step forward onto our sacrificial alter to Soul Edge so that you may receive punishment for you transgressions against...

Nah! Just kidding! You're fine dude.

On 6/17/2018 at 11:26 AM, B.Leu said:

How to say this...
Is it heresy that I completely forgot about Maxi ? I fell like it is.

I always forget about him or mix him up with Yun Seong for some reason...

until his bitch ass comes up to me and flails those damn button mashers at me.  Then I know him pretty frickin' well.

On 19/06/2018 at 1:34 AM, TheGoodHoms said:

Good sir. We of the Serenes Forest Soul Calibur 6 hype forum cult would like you, if you would be so kind, to please step forward onto our sacrificial alter to Soul Edge so that you may receive punishment for you transgressions against...

Nah! Just kidding! You're fine dude.

I dunno if Soul Edge would be happy to have my soul. Unless he like Siegfried/Nightmare main. :p

13 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

I always forget about him or mix him up with Yun Seong for some reason...

until his bitch ass comes up to me and flails those damn button mashers at meThen I know him pretty frickin' well.

Exactly ! He is one of the character I find the most annoying to fight. My worst Nightmate (got it ?) The only way I could manage him is to do the Soul Calibur equivalent of spriting away from a monster in Monster Hunter, and do thrusting attacks at him.

Some new info from Famitsu (not sure if this is the only new screenshot)

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/06/20/soulcalibur-vi-producer-teases-major-single-player-mode-besides-story-mode/

007-5.jpg

appears to be Kilik and Xianglian? (Kilik's sworn sister) in the story mode.

The Soul Chronicle story mode will add brand-new episodes that tell us more about the origin story of the SoulCalibur series. It comes with conversation parts as well as 2D and 3D scenes for its story-telling.

Some scenes will also have battles. Each character has individual treatment for story, and it will have plenty of volume. As for the timeline, it’ll tell stories that take place between 1583 and 1590 A.D. SoulCalibur VI will dive deep in the story that starts out in 1586 A.D.

Lastly, producer Motohiro Okubo teased, “There’s one more major single-player mode we’re working on, but I can’t say anything about it for now.”

So there will also be one other single player mode.

Edit: other screenshot:

IMG_20180620_211213.jpg

Edit 2: Actually, there's a lot more, image dump in spoiler - also story spoilers.

Edited by Tryhard

The story definitely does not look as cinematic as Tekken 7, but I don't think that's a bad thing at all. I like the static paintings on parchment style they're going with, it feels era appropriate to the game's setting. The drawings don't look half bad either so I think we shouldn't be too worried about the story mode. However, this is still a fighting game so I'm not going to put my expectations for it too high seeing as the genre has a long history of nonsensical storytelling. Unless your game's name is Injustice 2 which is leagues ahead of it's competition.

• 2 weeks later...