Soul Calibur VI!

Tsunami922

And then the SC fandom exploded.

I see people proclaiming this means her age will be retconned, but I don't think so.  The Soul Chronicle page confirmed the game will span all the way up to just before SC II, which is when she made her debut.  And incidentally, there's a blurred out name just above Zasalamel's whose story takes place around 1590, so yeah I'm thinking that's Talim and her age is going to more or less stay the same.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/07/05/soulcalibur-vi-details-its-new-soul-chronicle-story-mode/

some recycled information, but interesting to see this:

007-4.jpg

Rothion is Sophitia's husband though he'll likely just be a created character.

Someone took a look at the blurred out names and guessed from the length of them:

Hwang, Cervantes, Lizardman, Astaroth, Tira, Voldo, Talim.

All of the above wouldn't be surprising except for the exclusion of Raphael.

I remember hearing from somewhere that Talim is actually really popular. Is that true? She's always been my main in the series (played 2, 3, and 4), but I was never really part of the broader community so it would be kind of funny if it were the case.

2 minutes ago, Florete said:

I remember hearing from somewhere that Talim is actually really popular. Is that true? She's always been my main in the series (played 2, 3, and 4), but I was never really part of the broader community so it would be kind of funny if it were the case.

She placed first in a particular poll that Bandai specifically conducted. Probably was to gauge popularity during SC6 development.

http://soulcalibur.wikia.com/wiki/Soulcalibur_Series_Character_Popularity_Poll

Hence why there was much uproar about her exclusion in 5.

Talim and Zasalamel were my two big characters I wanted back in SC6 and now that the former has been revealed it's like a dream come true. In hindsight I probably shouldn't have been worried about them not making the cut considering that they are two of Soulcaliber's most popular characters, but I had this bad feeling that because they were so popular they would become DLC since they're not really essential inclusions like Sophitia or Nightmare. Regardless, I'm just glad that's not the case anymore.

Edited by TheGoodHoms

2 hours ago, Edgelord said:

Hence why there was much uproar about her exclusion in 5.

Never really understood why she was excluded in that game while old-ass Mitsurugi and Siegfried made the cut.  Maybe because she'd be at least 30 years old, and I guess the only girls allowed in that game were ones that were between the ages 10-29 or are unaging (or are Hilde, apparently).

• 2 weeks later...

Voldo's always been that way. Also the video is dead because apparently Bamco is really bad about leaking trailers without meaning to or something. But yeah, just Voldo doing Voldo things. It was kind of a given that our favourite(?) crab walking gimp suit man would be back.

Why exactly is Voldo blind, mute, and deaf? Did Vercci do that to him? It just sounds so creepy, and makes me irrationally fear my eyes being plucked out. For some strange reason, I have this thought in my head that he has no tongue. I don't think that is true though.

What a contrast with underlying unity it is that Voldo follows the reveal of Talim. Since they're polar opposites in character design, but tonfas and katars are similar-ish weapons in a way.

that voldo reveal was uploaded elsewhere, presumedly after it was uploaded early

somehow I think Voldo would be even more unsettling if he actually could talk in anything other than grunts

Edited by Edgelord

10 hours ago, Edgelord said:

Same with Cervantes.

Then again, a Soul Edge retelling would be silly if it didn't have Cervantes in it, considering he was the main villain of that game.  And his absence would be unprecedented for the series.

On 05/07/2018 at 8:41 PM, Edgelord said:

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/07/05/soulcalibur-vi-details-its-new-soul-chronicle-story-mode/

some recycled information, but interesting to see this:

007-4.jpg

Rothion is Sophitia's husband though he'll likely just be a created character.

Ahaha, the guy that, everyone is jealous of and that is not playable, but have the honor of being actually named and mentioned.
And he is also the nightmate of...Sophitia's shippers with Nightmare/Siegfried. Eh. Good time.

Voldo, one of those characters that you don't know exactly what's their deal, but absolutely love them.

You know, it's funny, I don't remember having ever done... anything with Zasalamel, I must have been really bad.

• 2 weeks later...

Yyyyeeeeaaaaahhhh muh gurl!  Main girl Mina!

I just recently was playing through the original Soul Edge Arcade Mode, and my top time after using every character was with her.  Looks like aside from the throws we saw she plays differently from before.  Which even though I main her, I think it is a good thing.  She needs to be differentiated from Kilik while also receiving a moveset that is actually good and fun to use.

And I'm liking Astaroth for the heavy-hitting axe clobbering niche that I also love.  Seems our little golem made by a patricidal god of war is not done ruthlessly slaughtering everything in his path yet.

Also, I'm pretty sure the reveal of Mina means that one of the Korean swordfighters will get in, which will be something I'll also look forward to if it happens.  All in all, I think these reveals were among the more debated roster choices, so I think it's nice they got those out of the way to make room for more obvious reveals.  I'm quite contented with what we know now.

Astaroth looks absolutely brutal. What a beast. Seong Mi-na getting an overhaul to make her different from Kilik also looks like a good choice. Even though she's the OG over him it always sucked that she was stuck with the moniker of "Kilik but worse" for so long.

I guess as far as reveals go I'm mostly hoping for Cervantes, Raphael and Setsuka the most at this point. I also wouldn't mind Cassandra but at the same time Sophitia is already there. I know a lot of people are also hoping for Hwang and Hilde. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw at least one more newcomer though.

Did Astaroth get bigger or is it just the pauldrons effect? His design reminds me a lot of Dian Wei design in DW8. 

But man, I get two of my mains in one video. That's an early christmas.

Now, we just wait for Cervantes.

On 8/6/2018 at 3:45 PM, Edgelord said:

someone else pointed it out but Mina's art looks like she's seen some shit

v8hz5a6ohde11.png

It was her face when she realized she wouldn't be in SCV.

Also, it seems that even Sophitia's happy she's back.

Za7fNj5.jpg

Just look at that face.

Vc149OX.png

heppy RGaYS2c.png

Then again, Sophitia's resting face is pretty much a smile.

5 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

Also, it seems that even Sophitia's happy she's back.

Za7fNj5.jpg

Ignoring how joyful she looks when her windpipe is in danger of being crushed, I'm getting the idea she's into some weird stuff in the Patroklos and Pyrrha making room. I mean she has a beautiful Asian girl's chest within two feet over her head.