Soul Calibur VI!

Tsunami922

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Ignoring how joyful she looks when her windpipe is in danger of being crushed, I'm getting the idea she's into some weird stuff in the Patroklos and Pyrrha making room. I mean she has a beautiful Asian girl's chest within two feet over her head.

Well, and if I know that her moveset right and am correct about my assumption of that pic, Mi-Na's halfway through a move that'll have her planting her crotch right on top of Sophie's face and then stabbing her crotch, so yeah...

There are some fairly kinky attacks in these games.  And at least a third of them are possessed by Ivy.  Maybe that "thousand yard stare" pic of Seong Mi-Na is her kinkshaming all of us.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my girl back, obviously they seem to have retconned her age lol

(well, Cassandra probably best girl but with Sophitia there I don't see her being in anything other than DLC at best, but Tira is second)

Weird, because she's a pre-order DLC (don't know how I feel about that, but Gamescom says she seems to be day 1)

Also an actual game mode trailer

Interestingly it seems to have races for CaS characters such as automatons.

faj2j7hjneh11.jpg

And some very cool examples from screenshots:

https://gematsu.com/gallery/soulcalibur-vi/august-21-2018/

Edited by Edgelord

I don't like pre-order bonus like that but I'm not complaining to the fact that Tira is back (this gives me hope for Setsuna).

Libra of Souls is a Weapon Master mode and I'm definitely digging that. 

The new character creation mode seems intriguing but I'm glad its back.

Damn, that really does seem rather in-depth.  I like that you can choose from a number of races.  It's like you have:

• Boring-ass human
  • Bootleg Taguel/Laguz?
  • Probably what Jun Kazama from Tekken became
  • Lizard blep
  • Mommy
  • Robit that's probably actually a golem
  • Silver Surfer
  • A Statue  It's like fighting Colossus in SC III, except Colossus is normal-sized and fights at normal speed
  • HAVE YOU HEARD OF THE HIGH ELVES?
  • The thing that did Jun Kazama in and turned Jin Kazama into kinda-sort of a villain, except not really
  • Raphael Cosplayer
  • Zombo?
  • BONE MAN!
  • Three glowy-eye bois

And that we get what looks to essentially be a new Weapon Master mode to go with that is pretty much just what I was wanting out of this game.

Tira looks like a mix between her SC V and original SC III appearances.  Maybe it's just the color scheme that reminds me of SC III.

25 minutes ago, Tsunami922 said:

Also know as Create-A-Waifu 

I saw someone said they're hoping for a maid outfit to be available for the lizardmen.

Now I can't help but think of a certain literary classic from the Elder Scrolls games.

People better not be making the same mismatched colour Voldo monstrosities and using them online and nothing else

Guesses for last characters:
Cervantes
Raphael
Hwang
Lizardman (specifically Aeon in this case)
New Character (like the guy we saw in that trailer)
Boss Character (Inferno being the most likely)

Don't think Cassandra or Setsuka will make it, but will probably be DLC. These aren't really surprising choices and are fairly what you would expect.

Edited by Edgelord

Tira as a pre-order bonus definitely makes sense as an incentive to get those sales figure going early since she is quite popular with a good chunk of the Soul Calibur fans, but revealing her before they even show us the final characters in the base roster makes me worried that this game might have DLC up the wazoo moving forward. I get that fighting games don't really sell as well as other games and they need to make their budget back some how, but man these devs really need to give us a breather.

1 hour ago, TheGoodHoms said:

Tira as a pre-order bonus definitely makes sense as an incentive to get those sales figure going early since she is quite popular with a good chunk of the Soul Calibur fans, but revealing her before they even show us the final characters in the base roster makes me worried that this game might have DLC up the wazoo moving forward. I get that fighting games don't really sell as well as other games and they need to make their budget back some how, but man these devs really need to give us a breather.

Eh, DLC has traditionally lengthened the lifespan of fighting games. It's generally a good thing. A decent amount of DLC in the form of new characters, CaS or even new modes is healthy for the game.

The problem's more with the revealing the DLC day 1 character before we've seen the other base characters. That's not really spacing out the lifespan of your DLC.

Edited by Edgelord

I don't really mind about the Tira thing, but no alt costumes is a bit strange. Really it's the only news I've been even somewhat disappointed with so far. I was hoping that Ivy and others would have their 2P costumes from SC2 etc, as some of them I prefer.

Is Cervantes much of leak when he has been in every single game? His existence is less of surprise, what is more interesting and not known is his present appearance and the minutiae of his fighting style. Would Mario be much of a leak to Smash were he not shown right away? -Not that this excuses any laziness of not hiding Cervantes weapon style.

And "Libra of Souls"? Not sure if thats the coolest name. Libra as in scales? I can see that as in every battle is a weighing of the weight of one's convictions/power or something to the effect of that, but the word "Libra" just doesn't come off as awesome at all.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And "Libra of Souls"? Not sure if thats the coolest name. Libra as in scales? I can see that as in every battle is a weighing of the weight of one's convictions/power or something to the effect of that, but the word "Libra" just doesn't come off as awesome at all.

At a few points, I saw that there was a set of scales in the UI for that game mode, with one side coveting a blue aura and the other a red aura (the scales were tipped towards the blue side), so it seems like there's some kind of alignment deal going on.

And yeah, Cervantes really doesn't seem like a shocker.  It's like I said in a GameFAQs thread about it, removing Cervantes would be like removing Siegfried/Nightmare.  Or even like removing Soul Edge/Soulcalibur.  He was the original wielder of Soul Edge, the father of Ivy, and one of the few active servants of Soul Edge (the others being Tira and Nightmare, maybe Zasalamel as well though his role is more of a guardian than an actual slave to the weapon's will).

EDIT: Also how dare you, Libra in Awakening is cool enough, being a monk who brings down divine judgment with a killer axe.

Edited by Ertrick36

9 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

At a few points, I saw that there was a set of scales in the UI for that game mode, with one side coveting a blue aura and the other a red aura (the scales were tipped towards the blue side), so it seems like there's some kind of alignment deal going on.

So you get to choose between Soul Edgy and Soul Chivalibur? I wonder what this would affect, would Inferno (to assume its existence) be fought at the end only if you went the one way? And the other fights Elysium? Algol if perfect balance?

5 hours ago, Samias said:

Not having an Ivy alt makes me feel super bummed. I've always liked her alts way better than her standard outfit considering they were usually actually clothes.

Posting the truth that is SCII's alts for her:

latest?cb=20090113164446latest?cb=20111113231504

Although her SCV alt is an abomination. 

38 minutes ago, Tsunami922 said:

https://comicbook.com/gaming/2018/08/25/soulcalibur-vi-ps4-xbox-pc-bandai-namco-series-future/

This is troubling.. If it the game doesn't do well.. this might be it.

Tell that to the people willing to bail over exclusively the Tira thing.

That said, this is typically how it is for fighting games. Your franchise can go down just after one badly received game, and SCV pretty much crippled the idea of SC for Bandai Namco to begin with. The series is lucky to not be dead right now after that, really.

Hopefully it's like Awakening is all I can say.

Edit: Mage character Azwel has just been announced on stream by Okuba. This is the Libra Souls trailer guy. It also pretty much confirms a specific leak. This one:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SoulCalibur/comments/95ls63/i_think_this_random_roster_leak_from_4chan_is_100/

Nothing really surprising there, aside from him not being sure about Hwang or Lizardman/Aeon.

Edited by Edgelord

OH MY GOODNESS! I did not expect Cervantes to be in this game!

Wait... yes I did. My bad.

Jokes aside, it seems like Namco isn't really trying to keep their information air tight at this point which seems odd for such a large triple A publisher.