Soul Calibur VI!

Tsunami922

On 8/30/2018 at 10:38 AM, Ertrick36 said:

I'm willing to bet fifty shekels a good chunk of people will choose "Do not ask anything" here.

And I'm personally a fan of this pic:

l_5b837b6f4bbf5.jpg

I'll nickname this warrior "Mr. Chicken Legs".

Also, I love how the main character is named "BNE" in these shots.  Not sure what that's actually supposed to stand for (maybe Bandai Namco Entertainment?), but I definitely know it's also an acronym for a certain unsavory act.

And yeah, it's pretty swell that Geralt's style is available.  Never played any Witcher games, but I'm sure it'll be all fun and games.  Everyone's just singing CDPR's praises now.

Man, as bad as they are, the old Soul Calibur single player campaigns and character creations were some of my favorite things to do in fighting games.

As somebody who has long since resigned that I'll never be good enough at fighting games and play these games extremely casually, I am almost more interested in how that campaign turns out than I am the balance, the roster, or anything like that.

Going through them with ridiculous CCs like that are almost worth the price for me.

Edited by Slumber

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Edgelord said:
Edit: Apparently that is CaS, so I'm mistaken. Either way we're likely to see trailers for Raphael and Cervantes at this event (which is apparently the one in Melbourne)

PAX Aus isn't until late October and Soul Calibur 6 will be out by then, it's more likely that a trailer is going to drop at PAX West (Seattle) sometime this weekend.

3 minutes ago, Samias said:

PAX Aus isn't until late October and Soul Calibur 6 will be out by then, it's more likely that a trailer is going to drop at PAX West (Seattle) sometime this weekend.

It wasn't for PAX Aus, I meant Melbourne eSports Open which is currently going on. The same build may be shown in PAX West as well.

There was also gameplay taken impromptu.

Edited by Edgelord

On 01/09/2018 at 1:44 PM, Edgelord said:

Yeah, they delivered the wrong build to that event lol.

Happy mistakes. Though, the stand was shot down quickly.

On other news, Bandai Namco will be showing a new trailer during Tokyo Game Show 2018 (20-23 september). It's probably gonna be Cervantes and Raphael but we'll see.

5 hours ago, Ycine said:

Happy mistakes. Though, the stand was shot down quickly.

On other news, Bandai Namco will be showing a new trailer during Tokyo Game Show 2018 (20-23 september). It's probably gonna be Cervantes and Raphael but we'll see.

At this point it has to be Cervantes or Raphael because they're the only long time fan favorites still missing from the game(officially). If it's someone else though, probably wouldn't complain.

On 12/09/2018 at 1:01 PM, Edgelord said:

They also announced Cervantes with his trailer officially. Such surprise.

And yet, they still censor his portrait in the character creation (same for Raphael). 

The museum mode looks brimmed with stuff and I like that a lot.

Why does Raphael's new appearance remind me of Eldigan/Ares/Sirius?  Is it that black and gold collar?

All he needs now is a horse and a bastard king who won't listen to him, and he's all set.

EDIT: Also, the names of the races were revealed via the SC Twitter.

hMouzvK

The races from left to right are...

ROW ONE:
Human
Outcast
Lost Soul (Winged)
Lizardman
Mummy
Automaton
Shapeshifter
Colossus

ROW TWO:
Hidden Village Clan
Malefic
Lost Soul (Horned)
Darksider
Revenant
Malfested
Malfested (Mutated)
Malfested (Fully Transformed)

And there's a series of polls for CaS, but the first one's ending tomorrow morning.

Edited by Ertrick36

Honestly, the high boots and the glasses on Raphael are a little bit overkill to me.

Just one more month. And I hope that Raph's trailer isn't the trailer BN wanted to show during TGS.

There was quite a few people that were allowed to record footage of what is assumedly the final version of the game and release it this morning. Hayate put up an overview that covers it.

Hwang is also present at least in Mina's story.

9eap9pcdcdn11.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&s

Edited by Edgelord

I'm gonna also point out that apparently in the second part of the CaS poll I shared earlier, Azwel's style is listed.

So I guess Azwel's style is available for CaS?

I'll share a couple other vids.

Edited by Ertrick36

On 19/09/2018 at 6:33 AM, Ertrick36 said:

EDIT: Also, the names of the races were revealed via the SC Twitter.

23 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

I'm gonna also point out that apparently in the second part of the CaS poll I shared earlier, Azwel's style is listed.

So I guess Azwel's style is available for CaS?

So that mean Ainz Ooal Gown cosplay would be possible in that case. Ainz Ooal Gown in the only one who can rule the world !
As well as Disco-Afro Zombie Samurai.

22 hours ago, Edgelord said:

also not really surprising but somewhat spoilery:

Reveal hidden contents

7f05pnak1en11.png?width=960&crop=smart&s

Whaaaaa, how it is revealed like a hair in the soup. ::p
They are kind of sloppy, but it's all for everyone's benifits, I do wonder if they don't do that in purpose at this point.

Edited by B.Leu

This is the 3rd time this year that I can't take part in a Online Beta test because I'm on PC... But well, that's always like this so no point in complaining.

Why is the tweet deleted though? Is it cancelled or postponed?

8 minutes ago, Ycine said:

This is the 3rd time this year that I can't take part in a Online Beta test because I'm on PC...

Ugh, I know that feel.  Can't even get early access to some juicy Valkyria Chronicles 4 DLC on PC because they didn't feel like giving that version a Legendary Edition, so now I gotta wait, like, three months until I get to play it while everyone on consoles gets to dig right in.

Doesn't change my opinion on the platform, but it still just sucks a lot.  A lot of these Japanese devs hardly throw any bones at PC gamers.  We're lucky that Bandai Namco even had the notion to port SC VI and Tekken 7 in the first place, and that the Tekken one was fairly well optimized is even more surprising.  I just hope folks here will be inclined to share their thoughts or point some things out, if indeed there's anything to be gleamed from this.

1 hour ago, Ycine said:

This is the 3rd time this year that I can't take part in a Online Beta test because I'm on PC... But well, that's always like this so no point in complaining.

Why is the tweet deleted though? Is it cancelled or postponed?

I think it was deleted because they were supposed to announce it during yesterday's stream.

Okay guys, follow the steps : https://www.bandainamcoent.com/news/soulcalibur-vi-network-test

14 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

A lot of these Japanese devs hardly throw any bones at PC gamers.  

True but nowadays, PC gamers actually got some love. SEGA especially are doing some fine damn moves (Shenmue, Yakuza, Valkyria Chronicles) and I'm sure other developpers will follow but that's another discussion.