Soul Calibur VI!

Tsunami922

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, TheGoodHoms said:

Now that 2B is coming to the game we can have her fight Talim and joke about Kira Buckland fighting herself.

Just like how I can joke about Matt Mercer fighting Matt Mercer thanks to Fire Emblem Warriors.

The voice over industry is truly a magical realm.

2 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

Just like how I can joke about Matt Mercer fighting Matt Mercer thanks to Fire Emblem Warriors.

The voice over industry is truly a magical realm.

Oh yeah, Twitter is already having a field day with it.

https://twitter.com/KiraBuckland/status/1056267506116104192

I would like to say that Solaire from Dark Souls and Trunks or Goku from Dragon Ball would be likely candidates since they fall under Bamco's game IPs. A character from Tekken, Ni No Kuni, Power Rangers, and the Tales series should also be expected. As for other video game companies and other parts of culture, I would love to see Gray Fox (Metal Gear) or Alucard (Castlevania), Vyse (Skies of Arcadia) or Gillius Thunderhead (Golden Axe), Isaac (Golden Sun), and Gandalf (Lord of the Rings).

1 hour ago, TheGoodHoms said:

Oh yeah, Twitter is already having a field day with it.

https://twitter.com/KiraBuckland/status/1056267506116104192

I love how even there, people talk about all the Matt Mercers.

But really, though, it's great that some of these fantastic people can get good, steady jobs from this work.

On 10/28/2018 at 6:34 PM, Ertrick36 said:

I love how even there, people talk about all the Matt Mercers.

But really, though, it's great that some of these fantastic people can get good, steady jobs from this work.

I totally agree. Matt Mercer, Peter Dinklage, Andrew Chandler, just to list some of these cool people

• 1 month later...

So apparently there was a leak about a week-or-so ago that might've subtly suggested that the next two DLC characters might be Cassandra and Amy.

I lost the source, but it was allegedly found in data bits by dataminers - data that was pulled from an update that had more to it than the usual story NPCs that don't appear in-game (like Hwang).

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/29/2018 at 11:15 AM, Ertrick36 said:

So apparently there was a leak about a week-or-so ago that might've subtly suggested that the next two DLC characters might be Cassandra and Amy.

I lost the source, but it was allegedly found in data bits by dataminers - data that was pulled from an update that had more to it than the usual story NPCs that don't appear in-game (like Hwang).

*facepalm*

Damn it, for real? Welp, good thing I missed out that Season Pass then.

4 hours ago, Roland said:

*facepalm*

Damn it, for real? Welp, good thing I missed out that Season Pass then.

I mean, I'd always advise caution in making assumptions.  It only just seems likely they'll be DLC since they might've put some work into making them playable characters, but this could also indicate it was merely an idea they decided to scrap.

Granted, usually scrapped ideas don't get passed the drawing board let alone into the game data.  And those two are very popular SC characters according to a popularity poll they conducted.  Though it isn't out of the realm of possibility that they may have changed plans.

• 2 weeks later...

There are some other leaks.

https://mobile.twitter.com/KoenjiUK/status/1085782060067893248

https://mobile.twitter.com/OOFMATIC/status/1085782790438699008

Theories abound as to what these all mean, but it seems they're now using codenames in the game files to hide character identities (likely because of characters being leaked before through datamining).  They are:

• STONE
  • YELL
  • STAR
  • SNOW
  • REPTILE
  • YELLOW

Here's hoping for Hilde and Cassandra.  Maybe Setsuka and Aeon (lizardman) as well?

• 3 weeks later...

So remember how there was supposed to be a CaS pack for the game?  A pack that added a bunch of new armor pieces and the like for character creation?

Well, some previews have come in, courtesy of the Bandai Namco Taiwan Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/BNETaiwan/posts/2048694588519872

Lots of old stuff, but a few new things are present.

Keep in mind this is only the first out of two creation packs, and that there are a total of 50 equipment pieces in this pack.

Edited by Ertrick36

On 2/11/2019 at 9:30 AM, Ycine said:

It took a lot of time to be added and I expected both armor sets to be included at once.

Seems to be a pattern of "two moths apart, released on the 18th or 19th of the month".  And I say this because...

DLC 3 drops on the 19th of this month.  And HOLYMOTHERAGOASGHPOA, they're releasing music packs featuring music from the first two games!  Am I gonna get to rock out to effing Edge of Soul while whooping ass in SC VI now?!

Oh yeah, and no big deal or anything, but we got word on the next character.

Okubo said "don't expect anything" at EVO.  Biggest troll of the year yet.  Almost as bad as Harada, lmfao.

Yeah man, Amy's here. She looks good. Can't wait to try her out.

18 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

Okubo said "don't expect anything" at EVO.  Biggest troll of the year yet.  Almost as bad as Harada, lmfao.

I swear, those Bandai Namco producers are serious troll.

I should've posted the list for the CaS pack.

https://sc6.soularchive.jp/products/dlc03.php

Check it out if you're considering buying the pack, and laugh at the awful Google translations.

On 2/17/2019 at 3:56 AM, Ycine said:

I swear, those Bandai Namco producers are serious troll.

They really are though, aren't they?

Harada's absolutely insane sometimes.  His Twitter account is nothing short of amazing.

I still need to finish my Rock CaS.

13 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

They really are though, aren't they?

Harada's absolutely insane sometimes.  His Twitter account is nothing short of amazing.

Honestly, every Fighting Game producers are some kind of a troll species. Mori, Harada, Okubo, Ono, Nishitani...