Tsunami922

Soul Calibur VI!

And then the SC fandom exploded.

I see people proclaiming this means her age will be retconned, but I don't think so.  The Soul Chronicle page confirmed the game will span all the way up to just before SC II, which is when she made her debut.  And incidentally, there's a blurred out name just above Zasalamel's whose story takes place around 1590, so yeah I'm thinking that's Talim and her age is going to more or less stay the same.

I thought that we actually had to wait for EVO to have some reveals but damn I'm happy. 

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/07/05/soulcalibur-vi-details-its-new-soul-chronicle-story-mode/

some recycled information, but interesting to see this:

007-4.jpg

Rothion is Sophitia's husband though he'll likely just be a created character.

Someone took a look at the blurred out names and guessed from the length of them:

Hwang, Cervantes, Lizardman, Astaroth, Tira, Voldo, Talim.

All of the above wouldn't be surprising except for the exclusion of Raphael.

I remember hearing from somewhere that Talim is actually really popular. Is that true? She's always been my main in the series (played 2, 3, and 4), but I was never really part of the broader community so it would be kind of funny if it were the case.

2 minutes ago, Florete said:

I remember hearing from somewhere that Talim is actually really popular. Is that true? She's always been my main in the series (played 2, 3, and 4), but I was never really part of the broader community so it would be kind of funny if it were the case.

She placed first in a particular poll that Bandai specifically conducted. Probably was to gauge popularity during SC6 development.

http://soulcalibur.wikia.com/wiki/Soulcalibur_Series_Character_Popularity_Poll

Hence why there was much uproar about her exclusion in 5.

Talim and Zasalamel were my two big characters I wanted back in SC6 and now that the former has been revealed it's like a dream come true. In hindsight I probably shouldn't have been worried about them not making the cut considering that they are two of Soulcaliber's most popular characters, but I had this bad feeling that because they were so popular they would become DLC since they're not really essential inclusions like Sophitia or Nightmare. Regardless, I'm just glad that's not the case anymore.

Edited by TheGoodHoms

2 hours ago, Edgelord said:

Hence why there was much uproar about her exclusion in 5.

Never really understood why she was excluded in that game while old-ass Mitsurugi and Siegfried made the cut.  Maybe because she'd be at least 30 years old, and I guess the only girls allowed in that game were ones that were between the ages 10-29 or are unaging (or are Hilde, apparently).

Voldo's always been that way. Also the video is dead because apparently Bamco is really bad about leaking trailers without meaning to or something. But yeah, just Voldo doing Voldo things. It was kind of a given that our favourite(?) crab walking gimp suit man would be back.

I had a gut feeling it'd be taken down...

But still, we know!  Kinky Edward Scissorhands is in the game.

Why exactly is Voldo blind, mute, and deaf? Did Vercci do that to him? It just sounds so creepy, and makes me irrationally fear my eyes being plucked out. For some strange reason, I have this thought in my head that he has no tongue. I don't think that is true though.

What a contrast with underlying unity it is that Voldo follows the reveal of Talim. Since they're polar opposites in character design, but tonfas and katars are similar-ish weapons in a way.

that voldo reveal was uploaded elsewhere, presumedly after it was uploaded early

somehow I think Voldo would be even more unsettling if he actually could talk in anything other than grunts

Edited by Edgelord

I was hoping for Astaroth you know?

Voldo's Critical Edge is a lot similar to Vega's Critical Art from SFV.