Invisible Ties S Rank question...

Manatel

9 minutes ago, Manatel said:

2000!? well shit...

Im on the 3DS version and cant even break 1700 D:

for onslaught, I find attack, attack, strong attack to be a good wide range move.

Also. Im sure you can pause in the middle of the battle to see what the KO amount is needed for the S rank. unless it doesnt on the 3ds for some reason?

3 minutes ago, Thany said:

for onslaught, I find attack, attack, strong attack to be a good wide range move.

Also. Im sure you can pause in the middle of the battle to see what the KO amount is needed for the S rank. unless it doesnt on the 3ds for some reason?

As which hero? Im using Lissa and her 3 attack then strong rather alot (the one where she spins forward four times with her axe) covers a fair amount of ground and anyone in the way.
Only got Lissa and Camilla to use, and Camilla's attacks seem to take a little longer than Lissa.

And yus turns out you can, thanks for that tip.

1 hour ago, Manatel said:

2000!? well shit...

Im on the 3DS version and cant even break 1700 D:

Well, if it's any consolation, there's an update coming soon that, among other things, lowers the KO requirement for S rank on the 3DS version.

EDIT: Nevermind then.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

49 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

I'm having trouble beating the portal mission that Corrin is in for this History Map. 5 minutes to get 2000 kills. Just HOW?

Is that the desert map one located in the top right of the history map? Using Camilla's flight and then hitting X is fast and effective.
She will do a barrel roll then slam the ground, just avoid the captains and go after the little guys worked for me, you can do enough damage to them stronger units that coming back around and hitting the warrior special (A) attack cleans them all up relatively quickly.

So far this tactic is working out for any timed onslaught.

2 minutes ago, Manatel said:

Is that the desert map one located in the top right of the history map? Using Camilla's flight and then hitting X is fast and effective.
She will do a barrel roll then slam the ground, just avoid the captains and go after the little guys worked for me, you can do enough damage to them stronger units that coming back around and hitting the warrior special (A) attack cleans them all up relatively quickly.

So far this tactic is working out for any timed onslaught.

I'll try that. I should at the very least raise Camilla's level higher before I do.

9 hours ago, omegaxis1 said:

I'm having trouble beating the portal mission that Corrin is in for this History Map. 5 minutes to get 2000 kills. Just HOW?

Like @Manatel said ignore the captains and use Camilla's strong dash attack but if you don't want to use her Elise's/Leo's weak dash attack has a wide range as well.

Most characters' Strong III (X+X+Y) are pretty much made for clearing out mooks fast and efficiently. Marth/Celica and Lyn have some of the best Strong III's, as the former has a very wide hitbox and the latter is multi-hit with a similarly-wide hitbox (I gave my Lyn Astra so it's even better). Ryoma's Strong IV (the shockwave) and Rowan/Lianna's Strong VI (golden sword swipes) are also great at cleaning house. Personally, as you can see, I find the infantry units to be more efficient at mook-clearing than mounted units.

Yes, always make sure to pause and check your total KO count before finishing a map. I forgot once and was just a few hundred KO's short that I had to try a third time to S-rank Together to the End. Wasn't as hard as I expected it to be.