Well then!

baQNjBW.png

Aren't you in luck.

9k0Dntv.gif

Presenting Dorcas Emblem 2.0!

s95VU1X.png

Featuring all new Dorcas content!

gNHlGwg.png

Individual Dorcases now somewhat identifiable!

vg9WCRt.png

Text and graphics overhauled to scratch that Dorcas itch!

ZyDUthq.png

Obligatory mutton memes!

ap9CNal.png

Shocking surprises, and much, much more!

cKZd6Pb.png

What are you waiting for? Play Dorcas Emblem today!

So yes, this is basically a FE7 reskin, but there are some gameplay changes as well - though all in the spirit of fun rather than obnoxious romhack difficulty, and honestly only to the player's benefit.

I made the first version of this a little over a year ago after seeing that post at the top. Version 2 has individualized Dorcas portraits for everyone (except the original, who's the original, and the lords, because this IS Dorcas Emblem after all - but don't worry, they all got some love as well, in one way or another) and a few more graphical changes, along with a few... tweaks here and there.

It's available as a UPS patch and requires a FE7 rom. Please report any errors, oddities, or instances of unDorcased individuals!

Edit: Version 2.1 is up - fixed a crash bug that happened when fighting generic enemy monks and tweaked Lyn's unpromoted handaxe animation.

Edited by vilkalizer

• 3 weeks later...

This is seriously the best way to replay FE7.  I have to get through the tutorial again since I'm too lazy to use my 100% save file, but I only intend to play Dorcas Normal and Dorcas Normal anyway before moving on to other hacks.  I really don't mind relearning things like the Dorcas Triangle that shows how Dorcas beats Dorcas, Dorcas beats Dorcas, and Dorcas beats Dorcas.

Just finished it.  Aside from a few CGs having little palette problems, the whole hack worked perfectly.  And wow, Lyn using axes on top of swords and bows plus her better CON made her a monster; I even made axes her S rank in anticipation of the Sol Dorcas, though annoyingly that ended up still being a sword and not an axe like the Mani Dorcas.

Now I can't help but imagine other hacks getting this treatment, like Raymond Emblem for FE404 or Kelik Emblem for The Last Promise.

Good to hear. I did play it pretty thoroughly for version 1, but it's hard to test a game like 2.5 times every time I make changes, so I'm glad there weren't any issues.

I expected Lyn's improved con to help, yeah. IIRC I only gave her enough to use an iron axe without penalties, but of course that also means she can use a lot more swords without issue...

You have a point re her ultimate... maybe I'll change it to an axe for the next release. Or maybe I'll just let her and Hector use each other's weapons. Or even just give her Murgleis 'cause why not go all out on the legendary weapons? Well, it'll be some time before that happens, so I'll have time to think about it.

I'm actually kinda tempted to make Kelik Emblem now, but I don't think I could handle the weight :|

• 1 month later...

Finally, just the hack for me. Been loving it so far.

By the way, do healers gain more exp than usual in this hack? I've been using Priscil-- I mean Dorcas, as my primary healer and it seems like she's been leveling faster than usual, though I'm not completely sure. I'd love to know how you made that happen if I'm not just seeing things.

Not too sure what happened here, Dorcas on the rejoin apparently stopped believing in magic.

I don't think I had any other patches applied. I did use an old save to unlock Lyn and Hector hardmodes, but I started from Lyn's hardmode.

If no one else sees a similar bug, then it's probably some error on my end.

dorcas.png

That's actually the second time I see this bug report, so something wonky's definitely going on with the mod. No idea what's causing it though - I'm pretty sure I haven't touched his stats (or done much with the stats in general, honestly).

...But hey, it might inspire someone to actually use Wil, so for now I guess it's not all bad :V

On 3/4/2018 at 4:45 PM, ThatBerkawitz said:

Finally, just the hack for me. Been loving it so far.

By the way, do healers gain more exp than usual in this hack? I've been using Priscil-- I mean Dorcas, as my primary healer and it seems like she's been leveling faster than usual, though I'm not completely sure. I'd love to know how you made that happen if I'm not just seeing things.

It's intentional, heal and mend staffs give more exp than usual.  I think other staffs also have adjusted exp gains, but I don't use them regularly enough to know for sure.

Oh yeah, I missed that post somehow. I don't remember adjusting staff exp, but then again it's been a long time since the first version so I can't be 100% certain, and it's definitely a thing I could see myself doing.

I'll probably look into it more properly for the next one.