Have you ever messed up a song lyric?

Heruseus

I didn't know what they said in "Karma Chameleon" until a JonTron video.

Do you guys have songs like this, were you figure out what it says later and you get embarrased for saying something else?

Well, I wasn't embarrassed by it, exactly, and I knew what I was hearing was wrong, but I always misheard the lyrics to Crush 40's Open Your Heart. Behold.

Deep dug, crave the light.

Dang gorge, water's bright.

Strap on, silence way.

It's such a bad day.

Shadows, dark creatures.

Get down, on the beaches.

(This line I can't even think of a misheard lyric)

What's gonna happen to us?

All the rules we make,all the risks we take all the long way.

I see the chaos standing there

Who are we? What can we do?

You and I are the same, in the way that

we both have our roles and they won't change

(something something something)

There's no way that I can lose!

Can't hold on much longer (And I will never let go!)

I know it's a one way track (And I'm not looking back!)

(blah blah blah blah)

Open your heart, another day!

Seriously.

Are you kidding?  Messing up song lyrics is part of the fun in sing-alongs!

There's so many times I've messed up song lyrics when singing along to them.  Even sometimes when they're in front of me, like in Rock Band/Guitar Hero.  Ever tried to sing a rap song with scrolling lyrics when you aren't even that good at rapping in the first place?  I like Beastie Boys, but I can't for the life of me sing along to them.  And if I wasn't such an avid fan of SoaD, I wouldn't even know what the opening lyrics (or hell, a good portion of the lyrics in general) of Chop Suey were.  Why would you leave the keys upon my table, though?  I don't even know you, makeup wearing, hair-brushed woke man.

I was also a member of a school choir for all four years of high school.  Now, usually you have the songs' lyrics hammered into your head during rehearsals before the concerts... but there were usually around 3-4 songs we'd have to memorize, and we weren't particularly fond of all of them, so... sometimes we'd forget some lyrics and just do ballpark guesses as to what the vowels are.

Keep in mind that we were a fairly renowned choir, and we had two of the best choral instructors teaching us, so it isn't like we were just a bunch of freeloaders thinking that this class would be an easy ride.  We took that stuff seriously, and if we didn't we were kinda forced to either get with the program or just drop it.  I was just putting it out there that even professional singers (or at least as professional you can get as a minor without getting paid) can mess up lyrics.

On 12/9/2017 at 10:23 AM, Acacia Sgt said:

Only one I remember is mishearing "Der Komissar" as "The Commies Are".

Hahahahahahahaha

I heard "when I met you in the summer" as "I'm a midget in the summer" lol. I immediately went wtf and asked my friend if that song seriously just said that. He corrected me.