4k Medievil Remastering for PS4

Time the Crestfallen

1 hour ago, Phillius the Crestfallen said:

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ps1-action-game-medievil-getting-4k-remaster-on-ps/1100-6455533/

I've been sending this to everyone I know. This announcement has cured my depression and made me believe in God again.

What other series are coming back geez, nice to see Medievil again.

32 minutes ago, Jedi said:

What other series are coming back geez, nice to see Medievil again.

I mean I mentioned in one of the other threads that I would sell my soul for a Medievil and Gauntlet: Dark Legacy remake, so hopefully we can see the latter down the line somewhere.

17 minutes ago, Phillius the Crestfallen said:

I mean I mentioned in one of the other threads that I would sell my soul for a Medievil and Gauntlet: Dark Legacy remake, so hopefully we can see the latter down the line somewhere.

Oh man, a fellow Gauntlet fan and one of Dark Legacy to boot, yes yesssssss

1 hour ago, Jedi said:

Oh man, a fellow Gauntlet fan and one of Dark Legacy to boot, yes yesssssss

My man
tumblr_inline_ong0cxLD4p1rkpqze_540.jpg

But seriously, I don't wanna derail the thread and there isn't much to talk about, so what are everyone's hopes for the game?

I'm hoping for some minor gameplay revamps. As much as I love the game, the way it controls is kinda clunky and outdated.

Also, if the Lightning could not be a one use only weapon that'd be fucking great.

I remember a year or so ago that somebody faked leaks of a Medievil 3, and I got super excited. 

As somebody who basically had a PS1 as their first real console(I had an SNES, but I played like, 3 games before the PS1 came out), Sony either abandoning or letting ALL of their first party games go third party made me sad. 

Nintendo managed to keep nearly all of their first party stuff(Sans the Rare properties they lost), and Sega kept theirs for as long as they made consoles, but Sony just sold off, didn't bother to keep or stopped making all of the games that made them famous. 

They never bought the rights to Crash, they never bought the rights to Spyro, they never bought the right to Tomb Raider, they never bought got the rights to Metal Gear Solid or Silent Hill, they let Ape Escape and Medievil, two franchises they actually owned the rights to, die. I'm pretty sure Twisted Metal and Gran Turismo are the only franchises to survive the PS1 era on the Playstation. And Twisted Metal got like, 3 games post-Playstation. 

So yeah, I'm happy to see this. Now let's get Legend of Dragoon 2 while Sony's reliving their PS1 days. 

Edited by Slumber

16 minutes ago, Slumber said:

I remember a year or so ago that somebody faked leaks of a Medievil 3, and I got super excited.

I don't think it was really 'fake' per say. If I'm talking about the same thing as you, it was an engine test that looked very similar to Medievil that got leaked as a potential sequel/remake.

6 minutes ago, Phillius the Crestfallen said:

I don't think it was really 'fake' per say. If I'm talking about the same thing as you, it was an engine test that looked very similar to Medievil that got leaked as a potential sequel/remake.

I'm pretty sure the thing I'm talking about was fake. 

5 minutes ago, Phillius the Crestfallen said:

Is it this thing?

Cause yeah, that was an engine test by someone faking a Medievil thing upon further research, so my bad.

Yeah, that was it.