Female Corrin: Novice Vactioner

Poimagic

"A hoshidan Princess raised in Nohr. She won a ticket to a tropical island in a lottery."

Stats:

Hp: 31/34/37   Atk: 28/31/34   Spd: 31/34/37   Def: 19/22/25   Res: 23/26/30

Skills

Weapon: Sealife Tome+ Special: Dragon Fang   A Slot Skill: Swift Strike  C Slot Skill: Fortify Fliers

Intro: Being the second introduced Mage flyer in the game, Summer Corrin is a great unit despite some glaring weaknesses. Compared to the two other mage flyers in the game, specifically Halloween Nowi and Spring Camilla, she is faster than both of them, but has less attack than both of them. 

Strengths: Great movement abilities, Amazing speed, good attack, one of the top users of Blarblade+

Weaknesses: Abysmal Hp, poor def, mediocre res, weakness to arrows.

Best Boons: +spd/+atk    Neutral Boons: +res/+hp   Worst Boons: +def

Best Banes: -def   Neutral Banes: -res Worst Banes: -atk/-spd/-hp

And now, the builds:

Bold = Best option

Queen of the beach (Blarblade)

Spoiler

Recommend Ivs: +atk/+spd/-def/-res

Weapon: Blarblade+

Special: Glimmer/Moonbow

Assist: Ardent Sacrifice, Draw Back, Reposition

A Slot Skill: Swift Sparrow, Fury, Darting Blow, Life and Death

B Slot Skill: Desperation, Lancebreaker

C Slot Skill: Depends on team

SS: Brash Assult/Spd+3

Notes: Blarblade is in, my opinion, Summer Corrin's best build. It's because of how strong of a Blade mage she is. Summer Corrin's special is your choice. I would recommend Draw Back and Repo if you're running Swift Sparrow, Darting Blow, and Fury and Ardent Sacrifice is for LnD as with LnD, it's harder to enter desperation range with LnD to due it's......effect. Her b Slot skill depends on her allies. If she is getting buffed, then desperation. Otherwise, Lancebreaker is for if she isn't getting buffed. Her c Slot skill depends on her team. Her best seals are either +spd 3 to increase her spd even further, or Brash Assult to help secure doubles on DC  and ranged units, both of which are very common in higher places of arena.

Sealife Supporter (Sealife Tome)

Spoiler

Recommend Ivs: any ivs

Weapon: Sealife Tome+ (Refinment option depends on boon)

Assist: Dual Rally of your choice, Draw Back, Reposition

Special: Luna, Draconic Aura, Bonfire, Iceberg (Depends on the refinement option chosen for Sealife tome)

A Slot Skill: Fury, Swift Sparrow

B Slot Skill: Desperation

C Slot Skill: Goad, Ward, Drive, Spur, Fortify, or Hone of your choosing.

SS: Drive Seal/Hone Seal/Ploy Seal/Fortify Seal of your choosing

Notes: This build is not really meant for combat, and is really meant for support. If you can, refine the sealife tome for this build. What refinement you do depends on her boon. +def with fury brings her def up to 30, which can be useful. +res with fury brings up her res to 36. +atk or +spd are obvious for why they are good with that boon. If you get a +hp S!Corrin, then you choose what you want you're refinement option is. A dual rally is a good option for this build, but if you don't have a unit with a dual rally that you want to fodder off, then Repo or draw back would work. For her special, Bonfire for +def, Glacies for +res, Draconic Aura for +atk, and Luna for +hp or +spd. Her a slot and b Slot are fury and desperation because it can help if she needs to attack, but Swift Sparrow can be a good replacement. Her c Slot wants to be Skill that buffs her allies in someway. As for her SS, either a hone seal, a Fortify seal, a Ploy seal (especially if +res) or a drive seal

Army of Seagulls (Offensive Blarowl. Suggested by @BANRYU)

Spoiler

Recommend ivs: Any

Weapon: Blarowl

Special: Luna, Draconic Aura

Assist: Reposition

A Slot Skill: Fury, Atk/Res Bond, Atk/Def, Atk/Spd Bond

B Slot Skill: Vantage, Desperation

C Slot Skill: Flexible

SS: Brash Assult/Spd +3/Quick Riposte

Notes: This Blarowl build is a bit more of an offensive build, with wanting Goad flier buffs rather than Ward flier buffs. Luna or Draconic Aura work for a special, Reposition helps her get her allies out of a bind, Her a Slot skill is flexible, but Fury and both of the bond skills released work the best, Vantage is recommended as she most likely wants to be attacked with a Blarowl set, but desperation is a close second, and like with all builds, her c Slot is the most flexible. In her SS Slot, she either wants Brash Assult if using Desperation, +spd +3 for general use, or QR if using vantage

Snakes on the Beach (Blarserpent) 

Spoiler

Recommend Ivs: +spd/+res/+atk/-def/-hp

Weapon: Blarserpent+ (+Res or +Spd)

Support: Draw Back/Reposition

Special: Luna/Iceberg

A Slot: Distant Defense/Fury

B Slot: Quick Riposte/Guard

C Slot: Fortify Fliers/ Felxible

SS Slot: Distant Defense/Quick Riposte

Explantion: This build turns F!Corrin into a discount F!Morgan, as Morgan has more res to make the build work slightly better. Luna is if she isn’t plus res, otherwise, go iceberg if she is plus res. Fury is slightly more recommend since it increases her spd stat, res, and atk stat, three stats that are very useful to S!Corrin. Distant Def is a good secondary option cause with it in the seal slot and a Slot, she could get +18 def/res when attacked from range. Her b Slot depends on her seal Slot. Go her vanilla guard if running QR in the seal slot, other wise, go QR in her b Slot so she can run Distant Def is her seal Slot. Her c Slot is mostly flexible, albeit, some of the better options are flier buffs, ploys, and general buffs to her allies. And her seal Slot, it’s recommend to be either Quick Riposte or Distant Def

And that is all. If you think I missed a build, or I should change something, or something else, then just reply or pm me.

Changelog: 

Spoiler

Mar 8: Added the Blarserpent build

Mar 10: Added the outline for the build. Will add explanation later

Mar 18: Added the Explanation for the Blarserpent build as well as removed some builds

Edited by Poimagic

51 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

Queen of the beach (Blarblade)

Swift Sparrow is the best option by far in my opinion. Blade mages generally operate with close support from teammates, and NS!Corrin's Attack and Speed are already so high with buffs that preserving some amount of bulk gives greater performance return than pumping everything into Attack and Speed.

Using Life and Death, enemies that survive her first shot will take advantage of her lower bulk and kill her on the counter, whereas Swift Sparrow gives NS!Corrin a chance to survive and perform a follow up attack.

Edited by XRay

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

Swift Sparrow is the best option by far in my opinion. Blade mages generally operate with close support from teammates, and NS!Corrin's Attack and Speed are already so high with buffs that preserving some amount of bulk gives greater performance return than pumping everything into Attack and Speed.

Using Life and Death, enemies that survive her first shot will take advantage of her lower bulk and kill her on the counter, whereas Swift Sparrow gives NS!Corrin a chance to survive and perform a follow up attack.

Thanks for telling me that. I'll make sure to change it.

Since this Corrin's defenses are nothing special, I'd suggest replacing the Blarowl build with a more offensive one using the same tome and focusing on the skills of the Blarblade set-- mention that this can be really strong (a great way to fix a bad IV of Summer Corrin as well) if you run it with a 3-4x Goad Fliers team, hitting some crazy statlines and making the poor stats of IVs like +Def, -Atk/Spd totally usable. Blarowl, Repo, Draconic Aura/whatever, Fury, Desp, and Goad/Fortify Fliers is my suggestion for skills; there's some flexibility on the A-slot but Fury ofc synergizes well with Desperation, so that's always good. 

39 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

Since this Corrin's defenses are nothing special, I'd suggest replacing the Blarowl build with a more offensive one using the same tome and focusing on the skills of the Blarblade set-- mention that this can be really strong (a great way to fix a bad IV of Summer Corrin as well) if you run it with a 3-4x Goad Fliers team, hitting some crazy statlines and making the poor stats of IVs like +Def, -Atk/Spd totally usable. Blarowl, Repo, Draconic Aura/whatever, Fury, Desp, and Goad/Fortify Fliers is my suggestion for skills; there's some flexibility on the A-slot but Fury ofc synergizes well with Desperation, so that's always good. 

Wow. That does sound insane. Also, your suggestion is a good one. I think I'll keep the Blarowl I currently have up, but label is as a more defensive Blarowl build, and then suggest the Blarowl Build you just suggested as an offensive Blarowl build. Does that sound good?

Edited by Poimagic

6 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

Wow. That does sound insane. Also, your suggestion is a good one. I think I'll keep the Blarowl I currently have up, but label is as a more defensive Blarowl build, and then suggest the Blarowl Build you just suggested as an offensive Blarowl build. Does that sound good?

Fine by me! I think I actually meant to suggest that as another course of action and forgot to lol so yeah I'm fine with that. 

Hmm. I feel like some of these could be condensed and/or finetuned in terms of skills offered... For instance, I don't think there's any reason for an enemy phase Blarowl set to be an option when Blarserpent exists now, and I feel like the Blarblade, Sealife, and offensive Blarowl could be condensed onto a single player phase offense set since they're built pretty similarly; I don't think it's necessary to separate sets by weapon when they all have pretty much the same job-- that's just kinda more work for you anyway. 

Some of the Sacred Seal options also need to be updated or more specific (I don't think just saying 'flexible' is acceptable for seals, since you can usually narrow it down to 2-3 that are reasonably fitting if not necessary for the set). 

Some of the writeups are also pretty lackluster and I think you need to go into more detail to justify why some sets (IE Blarraven) are worth investing in. I think Blarraven COULD possibly work with stuff like Iote's Shield, but I would want to see that calcs have been run to prove that it's justified and worth running (for instance, I ran calcs on a Raven build for Merric and found it to not be worthwhile, so I didn't write it up). How successful the unit is at the role in question should dictate what sets they run more than if they CAN technically run it, in other words. 

Hope this doesn't come across as too harsh, just tryna make sure these are up to standard. If I can help in some other way don't hesitate to let me know. 

I'll probably be commenting on Morgan at some point too because I love her lol. (loving her set names so far btw)

Edited by BANRYU

I see what you mean.

I’ll probably make a category spoiler with the player phase the builds in one, and enemy phase builds in the other (3 to one). 

I’ll probably redo a lot of the thread, as I created this before a lot of good seals were added. Seals are included in this

I decided to run the calcs with the Blaraven build, and the results were sad. She lost to a lot of green mages and dc greens (and Fjorm), and she had a lot of ties, a majority of them with archers. Ironically, Iote’s sheild decreased her wins compared to spd +3 Seal. I’ll probably remove the raven build along with the defensive owl build.

Thanks for the constructive criticism. I do admit, a lot of builds were plagued by my not so good laziness. I have a lot to do, but I don’t mind.

Yeah, the names were from her like of tactics. But I’ll explain over there the set names. Also, SF didn’t save my explanation for the Blarserpent build. Another thing added to my to do list