The Second Well

SB.

It's been two years since the old well dried up and since mafia is now active again it seemed like a good time to bring the concept back.

For anyone who doesn't remember/know about the first thread, the well is an interview thread where one person is forced into voted in over a two day period, and instead of being lynched the user with the most votes gets to make a post introducing themselves. As long as they haven't declined the first step (in which case we default to the next highest voter), they then have five days to take and answer questions, before next week's nominations start up and the process begins again. Anyone can vote/question, but if a person has never played or hosted a game in sfmafia then they won't be eligible for interviewing.  

Repeats from the first well are fair game (it's been a while so I'm sure people's lives have changed/others have more questions) but until further notice any given user can only be voted in once.

Voting for the first nomination begins now. You can pick up to three (different) users to vote for each week.

Previous weeks:

Week 1: Iris
Week 2: Refa
Week 3: Rein
Week 4: Paperblade
Week 5: SB
Week 6: Walrein

Edited by SB.

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Shinori said:

Part of me feels like I should go back and find the questions I never answered from the first well and actually answer them.  But that was so long ago....

ANSWER YER QUESTIONS YOU BUTT

Shinori, Balcerzak, j00

Iris (6): BBM, Refa, Paperblade, SB, Marth, Rein
Refa (5): Shinori, Iris, SB, Marth, Omega
SB (4): Shinori, Via, Iris, Omega
Lord Gaius (4): Via, Paperblade, Marth, Omega
Via (4): Iris, BBM, Refa, Lord Gaius
Elieson (2): Via, Lord Gaius
Rein (2): Refa, Paperblade
Paperblade (2): SB, Rein
BBM (1): Shinori
Cam (1): BBM
Snike (1): Refa
Marth (1): Lord Gaius
Haze (1): Rein
Shinori (1): Boron
Balcerzak (1): Boron
j00 (1): Boron

It’s been 24 hours with no further votes so Iris can post an introduction when she’s ready.

Edited by SB.

Hi, I'm Iris; I'm 21 (hoping to not get older now, thanks), born and raised in New England. Still there, too.

I've been on SF for a bit over 7 years and started playing mafia around 6 years ago. I think (not sure, if someone else has better memory, feel free to correct me) my first game was FE4 Mafia (circa. late 2014) where I was town and was really confused all the time. My claim to fame is where I inadvertently murdered Kelsey Green in Choral Mafia IV,  where I was also very confused. I don't really play anymore, but it's nice to see SF Mafia is alive again~!

If I don't answer your question, then it's probably because I have no idea what the answer is myself.

Have you considered asking JB for advice on not ageing?

Have you ever played a mafia game without being very confused?

When are you going to join a mafia game again?

How did you get into MBTI stuff? If you already told me I can’t remember.

3 hours ago, SB. said:

Have you considered asking JB for advice on not ageing?

Have you ever played a mafia game without being very confused?

When are you going to join a mafia game again?

How did you get into MBTI stuff? If you already told me I can’t remember.

Haven't talked with the youngster in a while, sadly.

Yes. The games I mentioned were before your time. After those two games I haven't been very confused in mafia.

Whenever time allows. Probably not soon.

I did a very deep dive on the MBTI/me specifically with an official facilitator of the test this past summer. Like most of the Internet, I was aware of it for a while, but didn't get really into it/had a better knowledge of it until recently.

2 hours ago, Magnificence Incarnate said:

What are your hobbies?

Hm. I kind of hate this question when I'm asked this in real life because 'video games' doesn't suffice. Besides that, I also do a lot of creative writing and I used to read a lot in my spare time. Sorry, pretty boring stuff!

1 hour ago, Shinori said:

What would make you play some mafia again?

Is there anything you specifically like about mafia?

Favorite anime to have come out recently? (If you watch any)

Whenever time allows.

I think for me, I have more fun playing town than mafia because I like forming deductions/inferences and then seeing them being realized as correct. I think that's why I like faster paced games/real time mafia, because the satisfaction comes quicker. With regards to forum mafia, I like how creative you can get with the roles, which you can't necessarily do in EM or IRL!Mafia.

Nothing from 2017 comes to mind, but for 2016... Erased (Boku dake ga Inai Machi) and A Silent Voice (Koe no Katachi) are both very good.

51 minutes ago, Lord Gaius said:

What's the best starter in Pokemon Reborn? Your favorite? If your answer isn't Blaziken, why are you wrong?

The best starter is objectively Torchic, which also happens to be my favorite (both in and out of Reborn).

1. Favorite role you've ever had?
2. Similarly, favorite mafia game you can remember?
3. Favorite person to play with who isn't around anymore?
4. As someone who has had the role, what new and exciting ways are there to innovate on Reinfleche, Town Miller Governor when SFMM5 eventually happens?
5. But why male models?

1 hour ago, Reinfleche said:

1. Favorite role you've ever had?
2. Similarly, favorite mafia game you can remember?
3. Favorite person to play with who isn't around anymore?
4. As someone who has had the role, what new and exciting ways are there to innovate on Reinfleche, Town Miller Governor when SFMM5 eventually happens?
5. But why male models?

1. You know, this is a hard one, because I think I tend to roll "weaker" roles or straightforward ones when I'm town. I like Cult, actually, so being CL in CM4 very briefly was fun even if I didn't understand the game. With regards to other roles, I guess I like the concept of the Reverse Martyr in Mafia of the Manly Men because it's a bit different than just BG/Doctor.

2. If we're looking at both what I remember as most fun and also my mentality during the game (instead of favorite in hindsight), I think I'll have to go with Theatre mafia, so let's go with that; I typically don't like playing scum as much, but I had a lot of fun on that scum team.

3. scorri! I mean, she's around, but she quit mafia ages ago. She was very pleasant to play mafia read; posts were very fluid, and all around a good person.

4. Clearly the next step is to add a Beloved Princess sort of gimmick, however, instead of the traditional purpose where death leads to the day phase being skipped, clearly if lynched, Town Miller Governor will skip directly to the next day phase (unbeknownst to the user!); the town (and mafia) will be too busy during the night rejoicing the reelection of Reinfleche, Town Miller Governor 4 Lyfe to do any actions.

5. Why NOT male models?

1 hour ago, BBM said:

why do you hate all of us?

mafia sucks

3 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Why haven't I gotten discord yet?

Probably the same reason why I still use Discord for browser (and before that, I used Skype for browser): laze/complacency with what you currently have.