The Second Well

SB.

39 minutes ago, Elieson said:

1: How's it feel to be second pick in the second well?

2: Ever played a pkmn Nuzlocke? Details if yes plz

3: What games do you even play nowadays?

4: Are you happy with the secret santa person you got for the SFSmash discord SS?

5: What game should I get tyler and lexi for christmas?

also @SB. I was a loser and didn't really notice that Iris was officially up for questining, can i ask her belated stuff? 

1. I was hoping I wouldn't get lynched until later on, but turns out I can only mislynch Gaius once every month.  Answering questions is fun, but it's also hard so I'm conflicted.

2. Yeah.  The image links are down because Photobucket is actually Hitler (congratulations BBM, you're off the hook), but I guess you can still read our "entertaining" remarks.

https://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?/topic/32311-nuzlocke-old-school/

https://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?/topic/32511-nuzlocke-middleage-school/

https://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?/topic/34360-nuzlocke-high-school/

The only other notable nuzlockes (read: ones where I didn't stop playing because I got bored) that I can remember are a Pokemon Platinum run that failed horribly on the first Commander Jupiter fight and the Yellow Nuzlocke that I recently finished.  Yellow version is a lot harder to nuzlocke than I thought, mostly because the gym leaders' Pokemon are like five levels higher and Sabrina is the worst.  These were the Pokemon I used significantly.

Pikachu: Did Pikachu things, soloed Misty, then got OHKOed by Surge's Raichu while setting up Double Teams.

Ratticate: It was useful because early Hyper Fang is super busted, and I gave it Water Gun for some additional coverage on Mount Moon.  It was a bit too squishy for me to risk using long term without it dying, though.  I'm kind of interested in doing a Ratticate solo in the future just because it seems fun/effortless.

Nidoking: Was carrying my team until it failed to OHKO a Poliwag w/Thrash, got put to sleep by Hypnosis, then got locked into trying to wake up while Poliwag Bubbled it to death.

Butterfree: I used it to make early game less painful and to (hopefully) catch an Abra.  It also carried me through Diglett's Cave.  It was also the HM slave for Flash, which was extremely useful for Rock Tunnel and then never again.

Charizard: It was pretty bad until I gave it the Dig/Body Slam TM's, and then it had enough coverage to kill most things.  Also it used Fly, which has very helpful (both in battle as a coverage move and out of battle because...fly!).

Bellsprout: HM slave for Cut that managed to make it onto my final team (which only had 5 slots, in retrospect I should have used Butterfree...).

Blastoise: I saved Bubble Beam and Mega Punch for it, so it was pretty useful out of the gate.  Helped make Rock Tunnel a lot more painless than it otherwise would have been.  Also it used Strength because it had an extra slot and it was better than Mega Punch (...yeah, it used Surf too, but you knew that already).

Kadabra: I was playing this on the VC version, so I couldn't evolve it into an Alakazam. =(  It still OHKOED most of the things it needed to, and I mean Psychic is still super broken in Gen 1, so yeah.

Jolteon: Actually the MVP, it OHKOed so many things it shouldn't have with Thunderbolt crits.  Also it soloed Sabrina and the rival's Alakazam w/the power of Pin Missile, so that was really helpful.

3. Mostly JRPG's, platformers, and Fire Emblem cookie clicker.

4. Yeah, it'll be pretty easy to get a gift for [redacted], which is all I really want in a Secret Santa target.

5. Mega Man Battle Network 2/3 on Virtual Console, The World Ends With You, any of the Phoenix Wright games, Cave Story, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Doki Doki Literature Club, etc.  All of those games are equally kid friendly.  Mostly the first one, though.

Also seconding that last question, except replace "didn't notice" with "was lazy".

Edited by Refa

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Paperblade said:

Thoughts on Blaziken?

1. Torchic is great, Combusken looks like a mutant KFC meal that has taken up kickboxing, and Blaziken is also really great!  I like its final form more than the other Gen 3 starters, and I also like Torchic a lot, so I ended up using it when I replayed ORAS (I didn't own Gen 3, so I didn't play those games).

Edited by Refa

How much did you hate me for ruining the Ciraxis dream?

How did you feel about the fake F3 chat (in FAE)?

Would you ever ally with me again?

Will Euklyd ever play again?

Could the 4 of us pull an eternal Ciraxis run?

Can we continue our streak of rolling the same alignments?

Because the world is a cruel place, what are you going to do when i'm scum in the next game?

Favorite FE Heroes art? Favorite Regular FE portraits?

Join Zeo's game so we can run it back?

Favorite types of music? Examples for each genre?

Most busted EiMM role you've ever had or wanted to have?

3 hours ago, Blitz said:

How much did you hate me for ruining the Ciraxis dream?

Would you ever ally with me again?

Will Euklyd ever play again?

Could the 4 of us pull an eternal Ciraxis run?

1) I was salty at Euklyd dying, but I think I was just happy that you didn't kill me at the end of that game.

2) Can you remind me what this is again, because I forgot...my bad.

3) Yeah, who wouldn't?

4) Probably not, he's too busy doing more important things like playing Xenoblade 2 and asking if I've updated our tag team yet (I have not, whoops!).

5) We theoretically could.  However, that involves Euklyd playing EiMM again, so it is actually impossible.

4 hours ago, SB. said:

Most memorable mafia moments?

Favourite thing to order from KFC?

General thoughts on EiMMs and how to make them better?

When are you going to host a game?

1. Tracking a guilty on the person killing me in my first game in Musical Chairs, faking a dayvig on Randa and then dayvigging him in Guitar, scumclaiming after lynching Prims in MLP, being a part of the SECRET TOWN CABAL in Persona 5, unlimited strongman works combined w/N1'ing the ITP in QProgue, winning after reacting positively to a fake dayvig and then not playing for the next few days because I forgot the game existed in Kirby, winning by fakeclaiming masons in Shining Force SoH (also the game where I changed my avatar to a different anime girl every day), getting mislynched in RVS in Quicklynch Mafia despite having THE BEST avatar, and uh always mislynching in MYLO/LYLO as town in every game where I survived that long.

2. I've never had KFC before!

3. EiMM is like the junk food of mafia.  It's a lot more inviting to play a game where you have your own kill and role and aren't bound by the constraints of such feeble concepts as balance or established teams.  However, in the end, it really is a social experiment over a mafia game.  You don't win for being good (that can help, but it doesn't always), you just win for being likeable and that's not as intrinsically satisfying as winning a REAL mafia game.  Big props to the mods though, balancing those games while making them interesting is a huge nightmare.  I think it'd be more interesting if players had established kill lists and HP's, which has been done on Smogon before.  Makes EiMM into more of a real game than a social experiment IMO.

4. Fun fact, I did have a setup fully ready to go before the catastrophic death of the subforum.  Honestly, I could probably host one anytime though, but I'd need to think of a theme.

4 hours ago, Lord Gaius said:

Can we continue our streak of rolling the same alignments?

Because the world is a cruel place, what are you going to do when i'm scum in the next game?

Favorite FE Heroes art? Favorite Regular FE portraits?

Join Zeo's game so we can run it back?

Favorite types of music? Examples for each genre?

Most busted EiMM role you've ever had or wanted to have?

1. YES PLEASE.  I should stop trying to kill you as town, though, this is getting ridiculous (although TBF, I wasn't really happy with your lynch in the last game, but Prims seemed townier my b).

2. Sub out, I can't live in a world where we're not both the same alignment.  Also LG, I noticed that the next game you joined was EiMM, so isn't this a self fulfilling prophecy?

3. I really like Eirika's art (and everything done by that artist overall).  Shoutouts to the artists who drew Brave Lucina, Reinhardt, Linde, and Cecilia though.  Those guys are cool, too.  As for regular FE portraits, it's gotta go to Elincia probably (so pretty and nothing that tilts me!).  My overall favourite FE portrait style is Thracia 776, though.

4. Okay.

5. I don't have favorite genres of music specifically, but I tend to like music that's immediately interesting.  If it's too slow or long or pretentious, I just get bored.  That's not really specific, but uh you can't expect much from someone who just listens to music that people link him!  I don't really have GENRES, but here are some recent things I've been listening too.  Link 1 Link 2 Link 3 Link 4 Link 5

Sorry for the potentially unsatisfactory answer, I'm pretty uncultured on this front.

Dear Earthquake,

4kgMavl.jpg

You are Toshiki Kai, a protagonist of the Cardfight! anime and manga.

Thanks to power of the heart of the cards (wait wrong game), you will gain an extra BPV at the start of each night, including Night 1.

Additionally, you only use the strongest monster in your deck to attack, so your attacks cannot be stopped or redirected by anything other than BPVs. You also strike so hard and fast that the target of your kills won't know what hit them, making them unable to do anything if they die.

Finally, since you are such a loner, no one knows anything about you, so any info roles will target you as though your only role ability was "Thanks to your wide array of supporting monsters, you have an extra BPV." and that your wincon was "You win if you are one of the last 3 players alive."

You are so devoted to children's card games that you dont care if the earth and humanity are destroyed in your quest to be the best. As a result, you only win if you are the last player standing, and all other players will be prevented from winning until you die.

18 hours ago, Blitz said:

I knew something was up after no one posted in it for ~12 hours, because usually F-3 chats are much more discussion heavy.  Anyways, I would never accept an outcome where you lost, so my bigger issue was getting you motivated since you kind of gave up at the start of the night.  Also after I found out Makaze orchestrated Rein's death, I didn't want anyone in the F-3 alive.

I'm reusing most of my Iris questions, because they were good.

1. Favorite role you've ever had?
2. Similarly, favorite mafia game you can remember?
3. Favorite person to play with who isn't around anymore?
4. If you got to pick a role from a game you were in that you didn't have and could play with it, what would you pick.
5. Power-rank these games I hosted you were around for: Badass Mafia 1, Badass Mafia 2, RTFR2, Encounter Mafia, Resurgence Mafia

30 minutes ago, Reinfleche said:

I'm reusing most of my Iris questions, because they were good.

1. Favorite role you've ever had?
2. Similarly, favorite mafia game you can remember?
3. Favorite person to play with who isn't around anymore?
4. If you got to pick a role from a game you were in that you didn't have and could play with it, what would you pick.
5. Power-rank these games I hosted you were around for: Badass Mafia 1, Badass Mafia 2, RTFR2, Encounter Mafia, Resurgence Mafia

1. Reviver Dayvig.  Honestly, I barely ever roll particularly interesting roles as town, so I squander them half of the time.  As mafia, it never feels like what I roll is important considering I have the entire scum team's roles to play around with anyways (and one of them is bound to be interesting).  Non-Consecutive Hijacker Arsonist was fun to play as WRT the ITP side of things, but that game was such a tragedy that it'll never win any awards from me.

2. Big NOCers.  Dinosaur Comics was just way too fun of a role (maybe it SHOULD have been one of my favourites), and the play overall in that game was pretty good.  I also appreciated playing in a game where other people were carrying me instead of me having to carry them, that should happen way more often considering my skill level IMO.

3. Vhaltz/Mitsuki.  They were pretty good and consistently active, and also somehow put up with my bullshit.  Also they were just fun to talk too, so that helps.

4. Xinny's Unlimited Dayvig Works role in QProgue mafia.  That would be pretty awesome.  Barring that, I've always wanted to be Cult Leader.  I end up never being a valuable NK target, so that would be a pretty cool role for me to have.

5. Badass 1 > Resurgence > Badass 2 > Encounter > RTFR2

Unless power ranking means something else?  Badass 1 was a really interesting setup, albeit scumsided and even more scumsided because most of town didn't know how to play OC.  Resurgence was just mostly well balanced overall, although at times I was salty that town had to play really well to keep up with scum.  Badass 2 I don't remember too well...I think I liked the setup but it could probably have used a few more revisions?  I remember it being a townsweep anyways, but that may have just been because SB was a damn good TL.  Encounter was fine but a bit dry compared to most of your setups.  RTFR2 is a joke game, and a funny one, but it wouldn't feel right to put it above any of the setups you put effort into.

What's your favorite thing to do outside of mafia?

What's a role you would love to see in a BASTARD game?

What role do you think matches your personality the best?

Do you think you play better as scum or town?

Do you think I play better as scum or town?

Favorite RPG game (no fire emblem)

Favorite Strategy game (no fire emblem)

Favorite mafia game you've played?

Favorite mafia game of mine you've played if different from above (eimm doesn't count)

Edited by Paperblade

if you could go back to any time period/culture when and where would you go and why?

if you could own a pogeyman in real life who would you choose and why? no ditto or pogeys that can learn every move thats cheating

whats a hobby/skill/talent you would like to build if you had more free time?

if you could invent a law the world had to follow what would it be?

whats your biggest strength/weakness as a player?

what game did you learn the most from?

if you had to choose a sfer to marry based on personality who would it be and why? assume they take the gender of your preference. tell the truth refa. share your heart

whyd you choose refa as a name?

assign 5 sfers a ninja turtle and one for april

favorite ice cream?

swag

Edited by YOLOSWAG

opinion on cults in general? (balance, fun to play against, etc)

would horace be better than shin at mafia as well?

If you could live in any fictional world, which would it be? Bonus points for a specific location.

Edited by SB.

Do you think your time is now?

Have you watched Hellsing?

Do you even watch anime now?

Did you read Himegoto, the manga that Euklyd rec'd?

If you could come up with a new pokemon, what type would it be? What would its stats be like? What about abilities and availability?

Fuck/Marry/Kill: Dinosaur Comic Announcer / Unlimited Dayvig Works / Reviver Dayvig

What is your favourite flavour of ice cream?

Did you notice that you've already been asked that question twice?

How do you feel about me adding extra questions?

List of anime you would recommend

List of manga you would recommend

List of games you would recommend

List of things to do you would recommend

List of things not to do you would recommend

ADDING IN MORE QUESTIONS

how does it feel to be my twin brother?

How annoying is it, being the only person who understands my pov, while everyone else wants to lynch me?

How annoying is it to be townleader?

Thoughts on Elie claims?

Tea or coffee? Why?

Milk Chocolate/White Chocolate/Dark Chocolate?

What is your Favorite chocolate?

List the people you would try not to ally with in eimm

Thoughts on Cam Strats in eimm?

Thoughts on mega factions in eimm?

Edited by Blitz