Cherche the Wyvern-Riding Speed Demon!

Frosty

Cherche, Wyvern Friend

Character Analysis: Cherche is noted as a flyer unit with monstrous amount of ATK stat meaning she can hit very, very hard. This makes her an ideal candidate for Brave Axe+ and Death Blow allowing her to take down enemies quickly; even without setup just as long as she has the skills needed. Thus the ideal boon for her is +ATK. Combine that with her being a flying unit and high mobility, she is a force to be reckoned with...

Here's the question though... is a +SPD Cherche still useful?

In this topic, I'll introduce you all to my personal build that I made for my Cherche, I own a +SPD/-DEF one; but I could have wished it is a +SPD/-RES instead. After doing some experimentation, it turns out even a +SPD Cherche has its uses. It may require some investment but it brings a whole new and fun twist to utilizing Cherche; a breath of fresh air from the commonly-seen Brave Axe builds. Also, I made this build because I never obtained a Minerva myself; even pulling from her banners and instead the game gave the Cherche that became the subject to this experimental build.

Cherche (The Minerva Clone Build)

Ideal IV's: +SPD/-RES

Purpose: Alternate build

Base Statline (+SPD/-RES)

46 HP / 38 ATK / 29 SPD / 32 DEF / 12 RES

With +SPD boon, she can hit 29 SPD, usually 29 SPD is salvageable tier for me. I can still turn her into a unit with decent amount of SPD; allowing her to double slower stuff and to avoid doubles from faster units. The only ones that I can see doubling this Cherche once at her full potential are the likes of Lon'qu, Mia and Ayra and some of the faster Pegasi units (might want to update me on this one).

The best bane is -RES since her stat is already low; and she's better off not touching mages unless she's capable of KO-ing them. She still has decent bulk against Physical units though.

Skills

Weapon: Slaying Axe+, this essentially allows her to either spam Moonbows or to fire off Luna or Draconic Aura at a fast pace. For this build, I'd say pick up the +3 SPD boost so that she can be a bit faster.

Assist: Reposition, so that she can scoop up allies and place them in a safer spot.

Special: Plenty of options for her special, Moonbow with Slaying Axe+ because a 1-CD skill allowing her to spam it a lot! You can opt for Luna so that she can even tear through bulkier targets or use Draconic Aura since she still even has a pretty high ATK stat even if she has a Speed boon. Bonfire is also not bad on her since she has a good DEF stat and looks more attractive to use on Fury builds since Fury 3 helps her reach 35 DEF.

A-Skill: For budget players; you can go for Fury 3 for a nice +3 boost to all stats; meaning her offenses heighten a bit. The recoil will synergize well with her B-skill, Desperation so that she'll be in range for guaranteed doubling. If you are a madman and want to turn this fine lady into an offensive monster; then go for Life and Death 3. She can still take physical hits since she will still have 27 DEF; but now... stay the hell away from mages because LaD 3 leaves her RES stat with only 7 RES, if she has a bane in that stat.

B-Skill: Desperation 3, hands down. Once she's in the range for doubling; she's going to either KO someone or leave a target in the red zone.

C-Skill: Goad/Hone Fliers so that she can support fellow flying units. Goad is nice for budget players. You can pick a Hone of your choice if you're running her on mixed teams.

Sacred Seal: +3 SPD / Squad Ace D; the boost to her Speed stat is needed to help her reach 38 SPD (Fury Build) or 40 SPD (LaD Build)

Stats upon reaching full potential

Slaying Axe+ (+3 SPD) + Fury 3 + SPD Seal/Squad Ace D - 51 HP / 55 ATK / 38 SPD / 35 DEF / 15 RES

Slaying Axe+ (+3 SPD) + Life and Death 3 + SPD Seal/Squad Ace D - 51 HP / 57 ATK / 40 SPD / 27 DEF / 7 RES

Ideal Teammates

Fellow fliers are a must for Cherche to send her offenses to scary levels. With a Hone and Goad; she can hit 65 ATK/48 SPD for Fury builds; whereas LaD builds can reach 67 ATK/50 SPD. Pretty nasty isn't it? If one also brought a Fortify Flier unit, she'll have 41 DEF for Fury builds, and a still decent 33 DEF for Life and Death variants. If you're running a full Goad Fliers team; it's possible for her to reach 67 ATK/50 SPD for Fury builds and 69 ATK/52 SPD for LaD variants if she has full Goad Fliers bonuses (+12 ATK/SPD). Make sure you have a Lance-wielding flier or if you're lucky, Summer Corrin to cover those pesky red units that may become a pain to deal with for Cherche; although she can destroy some of them.

A Raven tome mage is also recommended if you're running Cherche; preferably one with Bowbreaker so that they can handle archers which can be threatening to Cherche.

Again, as mentioned earlier; blue units either tome or lance units is a must since they'll be the ones taking care of red mages or sword units that can endanger Cherche; being red mages and Ruby Sword-wielding units as the biggest threat to her.

I'm open to any updates for this thread.

Edited by Frosty

Surprised to see Cherche is actually capable of hitting 40 Speed, that's pretty impressive; I always saw her as rather slow. 

Have you considered adding the standard Brave + Death Blow + Dragback/Hit-and-Run build?

At the moment I think he is trying to showcase a novelty build rather than making a thread itemizing the standard builds.

And boy does that look scary. I could see myself accidentally attacking that with an average speed green without thinking and getting my rear end doubled into the ground all the while going - WTF JUST HAPPENED?! HAX!