The age of Brave Lyn is over. The time of the dragons has come!

Charmeleonbrah

9 hours ago, Anime27Arts said:

B-but what about my anti Brave!Lynn, I  mean Boey? Arena seasons have been super easy because he was able to take 0 damage from her and kill her in one turn with bowbreaker. I have a Falchion user to counter some dragons unless they have sword breaker ir quick reposte.  I sure wish Brave Lynn's meta days weren't gone so quickly;-;

One day we will regale our grandchildren with harrowing tales of Lynhardt terrorizing the kingdom of Askr, and of the rescue of the poor people from these horsemen of the apocalypse by dragon lolis and staff lolis (plus one gender-bendng monk).  You will bitterly remember how your husbando, your beloved, your dearest Boey, was cut down so cruelly by a 3,000 year old dragon that looks like a 12 year old girl.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

48 minutes ago, Christactics said:

Hmm? I never had any real struggle with bhLyn. Mark her range, wait out of it, let her approach, aaand she's dead.

No real trouble with dragons either. Divine Naga, courtesy of Deirdre.

Know who's a great counter to Dierdre?  Brave Lyn.  Ok guys, I guess Brave Lyn is back.  Sorry for misleading you.

Also Loli Tiki can handle Dierdre pretty well.

makes me wonder when they'll decide to add wyrm slayers, because as far as dragon slaying weapons go, the only units who have them I am indifferent to or hate, so there aren't many options. though we need the horse slaying axe first, if you ask me.

1 hour ago, thecrimsonflash said:

makes me wonder when they'll decide to add wyrm slayers, because as far as dragon slaying weapons go, the only units who have them I am indifferent to or hate, so there aren't many options.

I'd question their judgment if I see them implemented within the next 2 months.

The recent updates look like the developers are trying to make defensive and enemy-phase units more attractive, and effective weapons targeting those units undermine that.

Note that the buff to armor-effective weapons doesn't really matter much because it's a mere +3 Atk (after effective damage) compared to the +5 HP and possible +4 Def that armors now have access to, not to mention the unique refine that ignores field buffs is mostly ineffective due to the fact that armors don't rely on field buffs.

If anything, I'd expect a Sacred Seal for Guard to be released to help counter Steady Breath.

Also, Firesweep and Dazzling Staff completely shut down most dragons.

Edited by Ice Dragon

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

If anything, I'd expect a Sacred Seal for Guard to be released to help counter Steady Breath.

that would certainly help guard quite a bit, I have a bit of trouble justifying its use when skills like vantage, quick riposte, breakers and shield pulse exist.

1 minute ago, thecrimsonflash said:

that would certainly help guard quite a bit, I have a bit of trouble justifying its use when skills like vantage, quick riposte, breakers and shield pulse exist.

Yeah. Titania's the only unit I have it on since her build is designed to be a Reinhardt counter meaning she doesn't need Quick Riposte there.

I'd put Guard on Lukas, but I need Steady Breath to make the build work.

On 12/10/2017 at 3:23 PM, Skylorella Con said:

Tbh, B.lyn and Reinhardt were never a problem for me. My B.Ike just tanks and kills them both. The're the main reason why he's mandatory for my Arena team.

I was wise to choose him as my free B.hero. Brave Ike prevented me to feel like a n00b in arena with all the Brave Lyns and Reinhardt just roaming around XD

1 hour ago, Midnox said:

I was wise to choose him as my free B.hero. Brave Ike prevented me to feel like a n00b in arena with all the Brave Lyns and Reinhardt just roaming around XD

Ike was my choice in a heartbeat and i dont regret it at all. He's so damn amazing.

1 hour ago, Skylorella Con said:

Ike was my choice in a heartbeat and i dont regret it at all. He's so damn amazing.

Funny how we chose him because..... he's Ike XD. Such fanboy decision payed so well, and since I've got Brave Lyn in the last legendary banner, I can be certain that Brave Ike is far more versatile. Brave Lyn may cause more damage per attack due to her speed, but she's a glass cannon, meaning that she can't survive if she gets attacked. B Ike on the other hand, due to his high defense, he can afford expose himself to other enemies due to his absurd tank uses, high attack, and his threaten speed fixes his rather average speed. Most physical attacks only tickle him, and can even hold his own against most sword users. His main threats are green and red tome users if they manage to attack him, but they rarely survive if they are struck by him. B Ike is so versatile that it's kinda frightening

50 minutes ago, Midnox said:

Funny how we chose him because..... he's Ike XD. Such fanboy decision payed so well, and since I've got Brave Lyn in the last legendary banner, I can be certain that Brave Ike is far more versatile. Brave Lyn may cause more damage per attack due to her speed, but she's a glass cannon, meaning that she can't survive if she gets attacked. B Ike on the other hand, due to his high defense, he can afford expose himself to other enemies due to his absurd tank uses, high attack, and his threaten speed fixes his rather average speed. Most physical attacks only tickle him, and can even hold his own against most sword users. His main threats are green and red tome users if they manage to attack him, but they rarely survive if they are struck by him. B Ike is so versatile that it's kinda frightening

I kind of had the opposite. I chose B!Lyn for free and pulled B!Ike later on.

Lyn's a glass cannon, but that cannon blast is monstrously powerful. B!Ike is a fun enough tank to use, especially with +Def from what I've found. I've used him for two TTs now, he's very solid. He also has Threaten Def not Spd, which is still plenty useful. I don't think I see him killing as many mages as all that, but I have a -Atk variant (I just keep getting -Atk Ike). It's not like he's immune to reds, but they have to be built to overwhelm his defences and so would usually be overkill.

On the topic, I wouldn't say B!Lyn's terror is over. I've only been seeing her more and more these last few weeks. We'll see how true this is in the next few weeks.

6 hours ago, Dayni said:

I kind of had the opposite. I chose B!Lyn for free and pulled B!Ike later on.

Lyn's a glass cannon, but that cannon blast is monstrously powerful. B!Ike is a fun enough tank to use, especially with +Def from what I've found. I've used him for two TTs now, he's very solid. He also has Threaten Def not Spd, which is still plenty useful. I don't think I see him killing as many mages as all that, but I have a -Atk variant (I just keep getting -Atk Ike). It's not like he's immune to reds, but they have to be built to overwhelm his defences and so would usually be overkill.

On the topic, I wouldn't say B!Lyn's terror is over. I've only been seeing her more and more these last few weeks. We'll see how true this is in the next few weeks.

Oh yeah, tht def. DERP me XD

8 hours ago, Midnox said:

I mean, there's no denying Ike's superior tanking--mine is +res for all that's worth, but it seems like he can even handle blue mages if they're not too powerful--but I haven't had a huge issue with Lyn being bait. Granted, she has summoner support, but even without it, she was a fairly solid magic tank, and usually able to either cripple or kill enemies provided they weren't running blades with massive buffs. Yeah, she can't do much in the way of tanking physical hits, but it seemed like she had just enough durability to to take one hit and enough speed to not get doubled, which meant in a pinch she could serve as physical bait.

I mean, both are fantastic, and it says something that Brave Roy is arguably the worst of the lot.

3 hours ago, bottlegnomes said:

I mean, there's no denying Ike's superior tanking--mine is +res for all that's worth, but it seems like he can even handle blue mages if they're not too powerful--but I haven't had a huge issue with Lyn being bait. Granted, she has summoner support, but even without it, she was a fairly solid magic tank, and usually able to either cripple or kill enemies provided they weren't running blades with massive buffs. Yeah, she can't do much in the way of tanking physical hits, but it seemed like she had just enough durability to to take one hit and enough speed to not get doubled, which meant in a pinch she could serve as physical bait.

I mean, both are fantastic, and it says something that Brave Roy is arguably the worst of the lot.

Uh wut?! i would say he is offensively the best of the lots... i just met a Brave Roy running 65 attack and 53 Spd... one touch death combo with galeforce in it if he attacked a physical unit of mine lulz

14 hours ago, bottlegnomes said:

As much as it embitters me, isn't Lucina considered the worst?

Yeah, as far as I know Lancina is weakest of four. She is infantry with spur gimmick. Compared to meta changing Lyn, meta (and everything else) countering Ike and "one turn galeforce" best offensive cavalry sword Roy her use is limited.

17 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

As much as it embitters me, isn't Lucina considered the worst?

Yes, but that's about as meaningful as saying "Corrin is the worst dragon in the game" when every optimally built dragon is S-tier.

1 minute ago, Tenzen12 said:

Yeah, as far as I know Lancina is weakest of four. She is infantry with spur gimmick. Compared to meta changing Lyn, meta (and everything else) countering Ike and "one turn galeforce" best offensive cavalry sword Roy her use is limited.

Lucina has built-in Drive Atk and Drive Spd for physical units (including bows, mind you). She is strictly a better buffer than Ephraim on a team of physical units, her buffs stack with movement-type buffs (and all other buffs, for that matter), her buffs cannot be canceled by refined effective-damage weapons, and her buffs cannot be reversed by Panic.

Also, Siegbert now outperforms Roy since he can run the exact same Galeforce build without melting to a counterattack and also has the option of running straight damage by stacking Dark Greatsword with Swift Sparrow, Life and Death, or Fury.

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Yes, but that's about as meaningful as saying "Corrin is the worst dragon in the game" when every optimally built dragon is S-tier.

Lucina has built-in Drive Atk and Drive Spd for physical units (including bows, mind you). She is strictly a better buffer than Ephraim on a team of physical units, her buffs stack with movement-type buffs (and all other buffs, for that matter), her buffs cannot be canceled by refined effective-damage weapons, and her buffs cannot be reversed by Panic.

Also, Siegbert now outperforms Roy since he can run the exact same Galeforce build without melting to a counterattack and also has the option of running straight damage by stacking Dark Greatsword with Swift Sparrow, Life and Death, or Fury.

It still irks me that they essentially designed Lucina and Roy to be inferior in addition to making Lyn borderline broken. Seriously, it got tiresome seeing so many Brave Lyns during that last gauntlet.

12 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

It still irks me that they essentially designed Lucina and Roy to be inferior in addition to making Lyn borderline broken. Seriously, it got tiresome seeing so many Brave Lyns during that last gauntlet.

Lyn and Ike won. Lucina and Roy did not.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Lyn and Ike won. Lucina and Roy did not.

Still, making second place of over 700 so inferior is a slap in the face to those who would rather have them. It's like, "You can have them, but they won't be as good and you'll be handicapped." It's like Lucina and Roy are only there to show off how much better the other two are. And this is coming from someone lucky enough to get all four. Besides, in Lucina's case, she was technically second over even Ike, and Roy only made it in due to the gender split yet they're treated the same.

6 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Still, making second place of over 700 so inferior is a slap in the face to those who would rather have them. It's like, "You can have them, but they won't be as good and you'll be handicapped."

Oh no. Having A-plus-tier characters is considered handicapped now. How ever will I play this game.