Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection

Ronnie

This is fantastic! I love this so much. I wanted to play SF3 New Generation and 2nd Impact but didn't want to shell out so much cash on a Dreamcast copy. I can ditch my PS2 Alpha anthology for this copy of the game. So many games in one little package. As a long time Street Fighter fan this is exactly what I wanted.

The idea of having the Alpha series and each version of Street Fighter III on modern systems was all I needed to be sold on this collection, with versions of Street Fighter II and the original Street Fighter being a nice bonus. I'm hoping this collection has movelists included, unlike the Alpha Anthology on PS2. Nothing kills my time on a fighting game like having to stop the game and pull up my computer to make sure I'm performing a move correctly, especially in Alpha 3 and the multiple styles meaning some moves weren't always usable.

The only thing I'm dreading is unlocking Gill in Third Strike again...Damn him and his resurrection super art.

17 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Was it cynical of me to just assume this was another excuse to sell us SF2? Had to watch the trailer before realizing it was a series-wide collection.

I don't blame you. Capcom makes fun fighting games, but I have serious issues with their business practices for Street Fighter V and Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite.

3 hours ago, Chconroy said:

I don't blame you. Capcom makes fun fighting games, but I have serious issues with their business practices for Street Fighter V and Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite.

SFV is okay now. They've done well with their Arcade Edition decision and season 3 is looking fantastic.

59 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

SFV is okay now. They've done well with their Arcade Edition decision and season 3 is looking fantastic.

I'm still keeping my distance if only because I've burned before. But to be fair, Arcade Edition certainly does a lot to help and Season 3 does look excellent. Having Sakura return grown up, Cody's finally out of jail (I think), and the classic boss Sagat returning is nice, plus the new characters look intriguing. Blanka is the only who I'm neutral towards, but then I don't dislike him by any means. As tempting as it is to jump back into Street Fighter with Arcade Edition and Season 3, I still fill the need to hold off and see how it plays out. I wish I could have more faith, but I'd rather be safe than sorry after previous experiences. I honestly hope things go well, because I do want a reason to get reinvested in SFV.

Oh great, now I want this on top of wanted to get SFV: Arcade Edition, my wallet can't handle this! In all seriousness this is a really cool collection that I am most definitely interested in picking up. But seriously guys, when did Capcom get so good at separating me from my money? About five years ago they where the butt of every joke, now they've really turned it around and I can't figure out why.