Posting Deck Ideas?

SoulWeaver

So I'm curious - would you guys read/contribute to a post or set of posts involving users(including myself) submitting Decklists and Deck ideas and the like? Would such a post/s even be allowed in this section or would we need a new subsection for it? I've done this before elsewhere, so I'd be happy to start with my own ideas if you guys want proof that I'm serious.

It'd be preferable if a mod for this section let us know first and foremost if we're allowed to post that kind of thing(and how to do so - one big thread, a thread for each contributor's ideas, or a separate thread for each contribution?) before people start saying they want to see our Decklists or contribute their own, but if you'd be interested, hey, this would be a good place to know I guess!

Some quick clarifications as well for anyone who would be interested(assuming it's allowed of course)...

• This is a Discussion Forum. Someone's gonna tell you your Decklist sucks for X reason. Obviously you shouldn't be posting Decklists if you can't handle someone critiquing/criticizing your ideas.
  • Continuing that note, please try not to be a jerk about other people's Decklists - some people spend lots of time coming up with their Decklists, and telling them their beloved Deck is a pile of (censored) is obviously not cool. At least try to be nice about telling someone they'd lose to two Starter Decks shuffled together.
  • Obviously, we want to keep joke Decklists to a minimum to reduce spam - we would want you to try to be relatively serious. There are of course exceptions, like the fun concept of a 100-card all-Anna Decklist(don't post that though because it's kind of obvious how that would be run), but we don't want to spam this joint with a bunch of "LOL Decklist containing every single card in the first three sets" or comparably ridiculous ideas, both because then people wouldn't be able to find actually serious stuff in the middle of all the LOList junk and because someone would let Eclipse ban me for suggesting the idea in the first place and I'd rather not have that happen please.

Anyways, someone tell me if we can do that, and if so let me know if that sounds like a good/fun idea!

BTW, I'm not following this Post and won't be notified if you respond unless you either quote me or tag me. Just so you guys know.

Edited by SoulWeaver

We do already have a thread that technically fits this purpose, the Competitive Decklists and Metagame Discussion thread. Similarly, there have been other single threads with people asking for deck help regarding certainly decks they're building.

Yes, you're certainly allowed to post decks for discussion. No, I don't really care if you'd prefer to make new threads or use the old mega thread. My only requirement as a moderator is that everyone follows the overall SF rules, especially regarding Post Quality and Forum Attitudes. (Oh, and "joke" deck discussions should be preferably kept to a single thread at minimum and clearly labeled as such to avoid confusion.)

10 hours ago, Kirie said:

We do already have a thread that technically fits this purpose, the Competitive Decklists and Metagame Discussion thread. Similarly, there have been other single threads with people asking for deck help regarding certain decks they're building.

I have noticed that thread, but the title thereof is a bit of a deterrent for someone who may just have a fun deck they want to share, plus the Topic Creator stated that the thread was specifically for Tournament Decklists, hence why I haven't posted anything on there - it's a touch tricky for a guy in Utah to contribute to any sort of official Cipher Tournament anything, especially a guy in Utah without access to Discord or LackeyCCG and thus limited to trying his deck ideas out against the few players his local game store has.

10 hours ago, Kirie said:

Yes, you're certainly allowed to post decks for discussion. No, I don't really care if you'd prefer to make new threads or use the old mega thread. My only requirement as a moderator is that everyone follows the overall SF rules, especially regarding Post Quality and Forum Attitudes. (Oh, and "joke" deck discussions should be preferably kept to a single thread at minimum and clearly labeled as such to avoid confusion.)

Cool, thanks Kirie. I'll probably throw up a list on here later once I actually check the rules to make sure I know what to look for. Also, if I get around to a Jokelist post, I'll go ahead and make it a dedicated thread for such lists so we don't have to deal with the abovementioned confusion.