It came to my attention that the Fire Emblem 4 manual has not been uploaded online.. so I decided to scan it and upload it for you guys.

PDF

Raw TIF Images

There's some pretty cool artwork at the end. Also, I'm very poor at Japanese (can only read Hiragana, and some Katakana and very little Kanji) so that would be cool if someone could translate the thing.

edit: of course just realized I missed a page... one minute while I fix this. Should be all good now!

Edited by sniper_x002

6 hours ago, Aquantis said:

did my old files of this disappear then or do you mean her eon this site?

Well, myself and a few others tried to find files of the manual but couldn't find any anywhere online, so I went ahead and scanned it all.

I would love to read this, mostly because FE4 often gets flack for not explaining backstory/gameplay elements (like why alvis likes azel, or how inheretence works). I would love to see how much of this is explained in the manual (because older games often expected you to read the manual for background/gameplay info, such as the complete type chart, item list, and guide untill brock in pokemon RB's manuals.) I also note that celiph is shown in the character list. Is this hinting at gen 2 or something?

I actually found a guide that was meant to be read along with a translated version of the manual which was apperently done by one rukeriese ( http://www.rpgamer.com/games/fe/fe4/info/fe4_b.htm )but the link on that page to the actual translation ( www.cyberway.com.sg/~xcaliber/emblem2/manual.htm )appears to be dead (and the wayback machine only gives error pages.)

EDIT: While looking around, I found a translated pre-release ad on kantopia ( https://kantopia.wordpress.com/2016/01/16/fire-emblem-genealogy-of-the-holy-war-fe4-old-ad-scan-translation/ ) And it straight up gives away the two-gen thing, despite the fact that the game had not even received its final title yet (plus the ad has seliph and julia taking up more of the page than the pictures of the gen one characters).

Now, a new legend begins…

The Fire Emblem series continues with its familiar mechanics, but with a story of a brand new group of heroes.
The parents pass on their hopes and dreams to their children… an epic story that crosses two generations begins now…

So the fact that there were two generations was not a surprise (which explains why seliph's picture is in the manual), with the surprise presumably being HOW it happened.

Edited by sirmola

6 hours ago, sirmola said:

I would love to read this, mostly because FE4 often gets flack for not explaining backstory/gameplay elements (like why alvis likes azel, or how inheretence works). I would love to see how much of this is explained in the manual (because older games often expected you to read the manual for background/gameplay info, such as the complete type chart, item list, and guide untill brock in pokemon RB's manuals.) I also note that celiph is shown in the character list. Is this hinting at gen 2 or something?

I actually found a guide that was meant to be read along with a translated version of the manual which was apperently done by one rukeriese ( http://www.rpgamer.com/games/fe/fe4/info/fe4_b.htm )but the link on that page to the actual translation ( www.cyberway.com.sg/~xcaliber/emblem2/manual.htm )appears to be dead (and the wayback machine only gives error pages.)

EDIT: While looking around, I found a translated pre-release ad on kantopia ( https://kantopia.wordpress.com/2016/01/16/fire-emblem-genealogy-of-the-holy-war-fe4-old-ad-scan-translation/ ) And it straight up gives away the two-gen thing, despite the fact that the game had not even received its final title yet (plus the ad has seliph and julia taking up more of the page than the pictures of the gen one characters).

So the fact that there were two generations was not a surprise (which explains why seliph's picture is in the manual), with the surprise presumably being HOW it happened.

From what I can tell, Seliph is the only one present from gen 2 in the artwork section. I have a feeling this might be related to the fact that his hair color doesn't change since his parents are fixed. Plus, you won't always get the same people if you don't do pairings, but you always get Seliph.

Also, I did find that page with the guide (I actually used that to help me with the last few chapters of the game) but as you said, the link was dead.

And running Seliph's description is google translate yields this, which sounds pretty accurate

It is the son of Tsuguredo and the main matter in the second half of the game. I will raise my will to the will of Tsurudo my father, with my mind, ability and aiming for the peace of the continental Yugdoral.

Tsuguredo and Yugdoral being Sigurd and Jugdral respectively.

Edited by sniper_x002