Felicia, Maid Mayhem

Fei Mao

1/04/2018: Updated the Snipe Build with Mochi and edit some stuff.
2/07/2018: Updated builds with Plate as well as extra thoughts.
2/14/2018: Updated General and Snipe Build, removed debuff build.

Felicia, Maid Mayhem

Base Stats:
HP: 31/34/38
ATK: 20/23/26
SPD: 34/37/40
DEF: 15/18/21
RES: 32/35/38
BST: 147-148

Default Skills:
Weapon: Silver Dagger+
Assist: None
Special: Glacies
A: RES 3
B: None
C: Breath of Life 3

Available as a 3 and 4* unit.

Overview:

Role: Anti-Mage, Debuffer, Healer, Damage Dealer

Felicia is known for her great RES stat which allows her to shrug of magic damage and deliver huge damage with Iceberg/Glacies. Her great speed allows her to avoid getting doubled by most characters and allows her to effectively use windsweep if you want her as a debuffer.Thanks to her color she takes neutral damage barring Raven users which allows her to handle mages of different colors 

However, due to her class she has low BST, as well as low ATK and DEF. Despite her weaknesses, if you are looking for a character that can be built as an anti-mage, debuffer, or a healer Felicia is the character for you. With the recent plate update she is no longer reliant on her special to damage non-mages, plus the effect applies to when she attacks or gets attacked by a mage.

Bold= Preferred choice if possible

Builds:

Budget/Starter (General)

Spoiler

Nature: Neutral, +RES/+SPD/+ATK -DEF

Weapons: Felicia's Plate+ (Special) Silver Dagger+ (RES/SPD) or Smoke Dagger+(RES/SPD)
Assist: Flexible
Special: Iceberg/Glacies
A: Fury 3, ATK 3, or RES 3
B: Quick Riposte 2, Desperation, Vantage, Breaker, Guard
C: Flexible/DEF Ploy 3
Seal: Distant Defense 3, ATK Smoke, ATK 3, Magic

Like the name stated, this is a starter budget build for Felicia. Good for if you do not want to invest heavily into her, or if you want to branch off to something later on.

Felicia's Plate: This is the best option in the game her if you decided to promote her to a 5*. It grants her the ability to target the opponent's weakest stat so she is no longer reliant on skill activation for damage.

Assist: slot is based on your teams need, but in general a movement based assist is a good choice.

Special: This one is up to your preference if you want a shorter cooldown special, or a higher damage dealing one. A neutral Felicia with Fury 3 for A and RES upgrade will have 41 RES and 40 ATK. Iceberg will add 20.5 (20 rounded down) damage to her 40 ATK for 60 ATK. Glacies will add 32.8 (32) damage thus giving her 72 ATK

Fury 3: The bread and butter A skill, even though Felicia has low HP the additional stats is worth the cost of the recoil damage. If you don't like the recoil damage or do not have enough fodders ATK 3 or the default RES 3 are suitable choices as well.

QR2: You are probably wondering why QR on a speedy unit such as Felicia, the answer is that while her SPD, is great it is not enough to double speedy mages such as Linde, Tharja, and Nino. Linde and Nino in particular have low DEF so two hits are enough to one round them. Compared to tomebreakers QR is general and works for all colors, since there are no 4* QR3 fodders the cheapest is 2, unless you have 5* characters that you don't mind sacrificing.

Since Felicia is capable of dealing great damage now, the standard Fury with Desperation or Vantage will make her pretty deadly as well as cheap on investment cost. Breakers are another option to suit your needs.

C: This slot is suited to your needs, DEF ploy is a solid option if you don't mind sacrificing an Arvis. Pre-plate this skill helps Felicia deal more damage when she is baiting a target or to help support your team if it is made of of physical damage.

Distant Defense: A solid choice that will boost her RES to 47 and tank more magic damage. ATK Smoke or Ploy is another solid option as well if you prefer debuffing. Again the plate helps open up more seal options for her, ATK 3 is a cheap way to boost her offense,  if you're not running guard deflect magic helps to mitigate damage from QP Moonbow Reinhardt.

Anti-Mage (General, Arena)

Spoiler

Nature: Neutral, +RES/+ATK -HP

Weapon: Plate (Special),  Kiddy Paddle, Silver Dagger+ (RES) or Rogue Dagger(RES)
Special: Glacies or Iceberg
A: Distant Defense 3, ATK/RES Bond 3, Fury 3 or RES 3
B: Cancel Affinity 3, Guard 3, or QR 3
C: DEF Ploy 3 or ATK Ploy 3
Seal: DD 3

This build allows you to maximize Felicia's ability to fight mages.

Plate(Special): Good MT, plus the extra charge from mages attacking you or you attacking them means that your special is guaranteed to proc if you double the target.

Rogue is another option to help her fight multiple mages one enemy phase since it buffs her RES by +6 but has two less MT than Silver. Also useful if you want to buff other people's defensive stat.

Special: With Plate's effect this one is up to your preference. If you can double the target Felicia is guaranteed to unleash her special. (4->2 from attacking, enemy counters and charges your special) With Iceberg you can make it where Felicia will counter the opponent's initiation with an Iceberg, this is helpful against mages where Felicia cannot double a target and to kill the target on enemy phase to avoid WOM dancers from teleporting.

Distant Defense 3: Best option if you want to max out her durability against magic, while Fury offers 3 less RES and recoil it offers 3 more to her offense stat. RES 3 is the cheap option if you do not have any DD/Fury fodder.

B: This slot is dependent on what you face often and which specification you want her to be.

Cancel Affinity: Lets you handle the occasional TA 3 Ravens that might show up in arena (Dancer Ingo and sometimes Cecilia)

Guard: Protects you from QP Moonbow Reinhardts and prevents mages from charging their special. 

QR: Good if you are facing speedy mages often since you are guaranteed a double when they initiate.

C: Both ploys are a solid choice, if you are running physical users with Felicia DEF ploy is great especially if you are using Paddle or Plate since Mages already have low DEF.

Medic (Tempest/PVE Content)

Spoiler

Nature: Any

Weapons: Dancer Fan+ or Plate(Special), Rogue Dagger+ (Any)
Assist: Reciprocal Aid or Ardent Sacrifice
Special: Glacies/Iceberg or Miracle
A: HP 3 (Fury not recommended)
B: Renewal 3
C: Breath of Life 3/Flexible
Seal: BOL 3 or +HP

Turn Felicia into a psuedo-healer, also functions as a unit to debuff and bait mages.

Dancer Fan+: Needed if you want to maximize BOL's heals, so therefore you heal the surrounding units for 21 HP per initiation. Plate gives her the ability to deal damage as a healer, and Rogue Dagger is a good alternative since your units will be around Felicia often for the heals.

Assist: Aid for if you need a big heal, neutral Felicia can reach up to 44 HP with her A and Seal. Sacrifice is for sustained healing per turn, up to you.

Special: Default/Ice are fine to help deliver big damage to a target, Miracle gives her a defensive special for those moments where she'll be put in dangerous position and need her to live.

HP 3: Boosts up her endurance as well as provide extra HP for Aid.

Renewal 3: Patches up lost HP, needed for sustained healing if using Sacrifice

Breath of Life: Needed for additional healing, if you are running an infantry team Infantry Pulse is a nice option to reduce cooldowns of others with her 44 total HP.

Seal: BOL for more healing, or additional HP for Felicia to improve her durability. ATK Ploy is another solid option as well

Snipe Build (Arena)

Spoiler

Nature: +ATK/SPD -HP

Weapons: Plate (ATK or SPD), Kagami Mochi (+ATK)
Special: Glacies (with Mochi) otherwise Iceberg
A: Deathblow 3, Swift Sparrow, ATK/RES Bond 3,  Fury 3, or Life and Death 3
B:  Quick Riposte 3Escape Route 3, Wings of Mercy 3, Cancel Affinity 3, Breaker
C: DEF/RES Ploy 3 or SPD Ploy 3
Seal: Quickened Pulse

With a 2 turn Iceberg this build allows you to pick off or heavily damage a key target on player/enemy phase. If you get a pick the match becomes a 3v4 quickly allowing you to secure an easier victory. Keep in mind that for this build to work Felicia must be able to double the target; thanks to the new Mochi weapon and its -1 CD effect it's possible to use Glacies and opt for bigger damage.

Thanks to the recent TT players have access to two free infantry pulses, combined with plate helps make Felicia even more deadly. If you have two pulse users and QP seal Felicia can unleash Iceberg on initiation and Glacies gets dropped to 1 and will proc on a double.

Plate:  While plate doesn't offer a CD reduction the damage output is more consistent on all targets compared to the mochi. Mochi is a fun choice if you prefer her to activate skills more often, paired up with QP your Iceberg starts at 1 and Glacies starts at 2.

Glacies or Iceberg: Glacies has bigger damage output, but requires that Felicia can double the target and the target can counter attack, or if you have an infantry pulse user on the team. With Iceberg your cooldown is at 1 so you're guaranteed an activation when doubling a target.

A: DB gives the best value for initiation, Fury, LND, and ATK/RES Bond works for both phases. While LND lowers your Iceberg damage you will have an easier time doubling others with the additional speed.

Some Calcs:
Felicia +ATK 26 and Plate+ (ATK) 15 = 41
46 with LND + 15 (30 * 0.5) = 61 ATK with Iceberg
44 with Fury + 19 (38* 0.5) = 63 ATK with Iceberg
47 with Deathblow 3 + 17 (35 * 0.5) = 67 ATK with Iceberg

With Mochi and Glacies
+ATK Felicia 26 + 13 from Mochi+(ATK) = 39
45 with DB + 28(35*0.8) = 73
44 with LND + 24(30*0.8)= 68
42 with Fury + 30.4(38*0.8) = 72.4

B: B's options depend on what A you're using, QR 3 helps Felicia double when you need her to make a pick on enemy phase and synergizes with ATK/RES, Fury, and LND. Warp skills are also a great choice. WOM allows you to assist others that are below 50% and be used as a stepping stone. Escape helps if you need to reposition her without wasting another unit's turn. Cancel Affinity for if you really need to assassinate that Raven user.

C: Def/RES Ploy is great for extra damage, (depending on the target) if you find that you are having trouble doubling certain targets SPD Ploy is another good option if you prefer not to use a breaker skill.

QP is essential for this build so no other options can be used

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Extra:

This section is just opinions about certain things, feel free to add in if you have something in mind.

Building a Team Around Felicia:

• Someone that can handle Bows/Daggers, as we know B.Lyn is one of the titans of the arena. While it's possible for Felicia to handle a B.Lyn on initiation (depending on build/scenario) it will leave her at less than 50% HP. I like F.Robin because she can handle blues as well as colorless with a Raven build.
  • Someone that can handle high DEF targets, Mages and Dragons are ideal for this job. The new weapon helps to alleviate it, though Dragon's might still give her trouble.
  • If you are going for a kiting team a Gravity+ user will be a great asset.
  • Buffers such as B.Lucina, Eirika/Ephraim to buff her further. B.Lucina is the best choice thanks to her weapon granting +3 ATK and SPD for daggers along with her innate Drive SPD. 
  • If you opted for Rogue Dagger+ upgrade Blade Mages can enjoy an additional +4 to their damage, providing you get everyone in the right place when Player Phase starts.
  • With the weapon upgrade for Dragons Felicia will have difficulty tanking them so you'll need someone to assist her in handling them.
  • While Felicia's damage output greatly increased with the Plate she'll have trouble against targets that have balanced defensive stats. Sheena and some dragons come into mind.

Skills of Interest (other skills that could be good that were not mentioned):

A:

Close Counter: I've seen a Felicia on my FL with this skill it gives Felicia more uptime to use her weapon. Normally dragons (unless upgraded) deal magic damage and get free hits against Felicia, with this skill she can attack at melee and apply her dagger's effects more often. With the addition of plate this could be a good skill for her so she's a threat on enemy and player phase

ATK RES Bond: The high-end expensive stuff. Providing you can keep a unit next to Felicia you get the ATK boost of LND along with a boost to RES that is one less than DD. Right now we have to wait until Halloween Nowi/New Year Takumi returns, or hopefully a non-seasonal gets this skill. 

Warding Stance: Another high-end skill that is great for an enemy phase Felicia for the additional RES when the enemy initiates on her. Currently it's only available on Halloween Sakura

B:

Watersweep: Mostly for use vs dragons, with breath weapons using the target's weaker defensive stat, it might be worth considering if you need Felicia to target dragons safely..

C:

ATK/DEF Tactics: Useful in a mixed movement team.

Drive Skills: Since Felicia's C slot is more flexible, these skills are great for supporting your team.

Thank you for taking the time to read this topic thus hoped it helped or gave some idea, leave a comment if you like.

Edited by Fei Mao

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding the Tempest/Medic Felicia. For me, I find running HP+5 and/or the HP/Squad Ace A seal and or Summoner Support to be quite helpful when using Reciprocal Aid. With the HP boost from Tempest it is easy for your bonus ally(ies) to have a rather buttload of HP and thus making it hard for Felicia to fully/mostly patch them up with Reciprocal Aid. My 4*+10 Felicia hits 52 HP with HP+5, Squad Ace A 2(the HP seals are kinda low on my list of advancing to stage 3) and summoner support. That let her bring Joshua to full HP, though my B!Ike was just a bit short of being fully filled. So a neutral/unmerged 5* Felicia should have 51HP(46 without support), which should bring most units well out of the danger zone. That much HP has the added bonus of making her rather capable of taking a non-brave physical attack, oftentimes even surviving a charged special.

For her C skill, I wish Infantry Pulse was easier to get. As it is even if I had it for fodder I likely wouldn't use it on her. But it sounds interesting since with 53 HP she could pulse every infantry unit except Bartre, even if they had +5 from weapon refinement. And even without the Summoner HP she could still pulse a good chunk of the cast. But yeah at the moment that is too expensive an option to pursue I would say.

But obviously I am using her differently in the Trials than your build is. Mine is almost entirely focused on healing/baiting out a mage for the rest of her team and the occasional sniping of an enemy that barely survived one of the main fighters. With that much HP she can even bait out ninjas and non-brave archers or be used to try and draw attention away from an injured front liner. As such she rarely initiates, unless I am trying to SP grind her, and so BoL would only rarely activate. I usually save the double breath combo for the unit I find I initiate with the most. Assuming they can afford the loss of their C-Skill to do so.

Gave my Felicia a Smoke Dagger+ today, refined with Res. I have to say, even without using Windsweep, it works beautifully in Arena, especially on that tight map with the defensive tiles between two mountains. While giving up Kitty Paddle+ means she's not taking out mages as easily, she's pulling considerably more weight in each fight.

@Fei MaoWho do you support Felicia with? I've tried a few different units, but now I've settled on Fjorm. Atk Drive and Water Blessing are great, and Smoke Dagger+'s crazy debuff gives Fjorm some much needed support. Also, ice pals.

Edited by Johann

Updated the thread with descriptions and extra stuff.

@Usana That's a lot of HP, thanks for the input, I added your suggestions to the healer build. Yeah I wish infantry pulse was easier to get as well it's such a nice skill.

@Johann Nice, was thinking of switching to Smoke but unsure atm. What B skill are you using for her currently? Regarding support I have her with Eirika, mostly because of the buffs she can provide for Felicia. Fjorm sounds like a great partner, maybe I should try her instead as well.

On 12/11/2017 at 4:54 AM, Fei Mao said:

Wrath: For the extra damage on your specials if you can get her at 75% or below.

Wrath is locked to melee infantry and melee armor units. Felicia cannot use it since she is ranged.

3 minutes ago, XRay said:

Wrath is locked to melee infantry and melee armor units. Felicia cannot use it since she is ranged.

I told that to a guy who disliked my comment when he suggested giving it to Sonya because Excalibur.

On 12/11/2017 at 4:54 AM, Fei Mao said:

HP: 31/34/38

Not sure if everyone is doing the same things with color markers on stats, but if the red is meant to denote a -4 bane, shouldn't the HP bane be normal and the HP be highlighted as the one that gives a +4?

31 minutes ago, Fei Mao said:

@BANRYU My bad, I was thinking that the red was to mark the bane section and didn't know it was meant for -4 stat.

Hmm. We should probably have some kind of analysis skeleton, so everyone knows what stuff means and the analyses look consistent (as they really don't ATM). 

@Ice Dragon thoughts on this? Is this something we might be able to do? I wonder if we should also have (possibly mandatory?) QC checks for little formatting / grammar / mechanical mistakes here and there. Having written two of these and seen some others it definitely seems like it's easy to miss little things, and having a fresh pair of eyes on things tends to help. 

1 minute ago, BANRYU said:

thoughts on this? Is this something we might be able to do? I wonder if we should also have (possibly mandatory?) QC checks for little formatting / grammar / mechanical mistakes here and there. Having written two of these and seen some others it definitely seems like it's easy to miss little things, and having a fresh pair of eyes on things tends to help. 

I don't really want to hold people to a particular format so long as things are readable. That said, I do think that the use of color or emphasis (bold or italics) should be meaningful, i.e. if you use color or emphasis, there should be a discernible reason why it was used.

For now, I think crowd-sourcing QC to the readers for things like this is sufficient. I don't really mind spelling mistakes unless it's the name of the character you are writing the analysis on or you somehow misspelled "Brave Sword" as "Slaying Lance". Due to the constant updates in this game, write-ups are going to have to be living documents to some extent, which makes it a bit difficult to do QC on every update.

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I don't really want to hold people to a particular format so long as things are readable. That said, I do think that the use of color or emphasis (bold or italics) should be meaningful, i.e. if you use color or emphasis, there should be a discernible reason why it was used.

For now, I think crowd-sourcing QC to the readers for things like this is sufficient. I don't really mind spelling mistakes unless it's the name of the character you are writing the analysis on or you somehow misspelled "Brave Sword" as "Slaying Lance". Due to the constant updates in this game, write-ups are going to have to be living documents to some extent, which makes it a bit difficult to do QC on every update.

Hmm. That's a fair point. Aight then!

13 hours ago, Fei Mao said:

@Johann Nice, was thinking of switching to Smoke but unsure atm. What B skill are you using for her currently? Regarding support I have her with Eirika, mostly because of the buffs she can provide for Felicia. Fjorm sounds like a great partner, maybe I should try her instead as well.

With Reposition and Close Def 3 seal on Fjorm, I often will have Felicia hit a melee unit, and Fjorm repositions her, giving Fjorm full support (and Bond skill activation), with the -6 to stats crippling several units, sometimes the entire team. Fjorm then has no problem finishing off those units via countering, often without taking much (if any) damage. Thus far, it's been a great way to handle units like Ayra or Ryoma, though I suspect that as I move up in Arena score, Felicia may need Windsweep to safely attack.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been wondering about if a discussion on Felicia's nature would have merit? Something like if she's this nature, then she can do this or that better or why you would want this boon or bane over another. This is coming from me mulling about whether I should build a +Res, -Def or a +Spd, Def Felicia that I apparently have and left them sitting around doing nothing like a ton of other units. I have an inkling of what she would be better at with either nature and I'd like to build her with a Rogue Dagger+ and a mage tank, but having second opinions and from those who've used Felicia with different builds are always helpful.

Also, although it's limited at the moment, I think Warding Stance should be listed as an option for some of the builds for Felicia. It's going to show up eventually on a regularly available unit, so it's just a matter of when and who. Watch it be Flora. :p

@Kaden I think discussing about her nature will have merit, thanks for bringing the topic up. If Flora ever comes out I'm ready to spend lots of orbs for her lol. @Usana @Johann(don't know any other Felicia users here) what are your thoughts on this topic? Asking our local expert @Ice Dragon as well, if you don't mind lending us some insight on magic threats that you face in your arena tier.

I think DEF bane is the best since her DEF is already low, and the HP is needed as a padding for when you fight some strong blade mages (Olwen, Spring Camilla, and Cecilia from my experience) who can reach high ATK numbers. Messing around with the Kagerochart Calculator, a +10 Spring Camilla with +ATK, all flyer buffs, DB3, and ATK 3 seal one rounds a +10 Neutral Felicia with Warding Stance/Distant Defense, Hone RES buff, and a DD seal by 1 damage. (Felicia has 38 HP) +RES will allow her to survive, but the result is the same if she has a HP bane.

The other threat Olwen (same setup as Camilla but with LND instead for A) one rounds Felicia since she doubles her (49 vs 41) but a Hone SPD buff prevents that. Lastly Cecilia just barley kills Felicia and leaves her with 2 HP left.Since you want a mage tank I'd go for +RES, though +SPD is great if you plan on using the sweeps (her neutral SPD is good enough to sweep most targets with SPD buff) the targets that Felicia will need buffs to sweep are Arya and Mia (both have 44 spd neutral at +10), SPD nature is also helpful for doubling targets to charge her skill, or for a desperation build with things like poison/kitty or mochi + iceberg and an infantry pulse user.

As for your build you could probably try something like:

+RES/-DEF
Rogue+(RES)
Flexible for assist
Iceberg
DD 3 or RES 3 if budget
Guard to prevent enemies from charging their skill when you try to debuff them. (Doesn't work on Steady Breath users) Windsweep if you need protection from DC users. Or Cancel Affinity to protect you from Raven Mages

ATK Ploy/Smoke to hamper the enemies' ATK stat further (your choice)
DD for seal

This should give you enough to make her into a mage tank while buffing your teammates with her dagger.

Edited by Fei Mao

38 minutes ago, Fei Mao said:

if you don't mind lending us some insight on magic threats that you face in your arena tier.

Winter Tharja and Gunnthra are the only tome units you really see around 744+. The 730+ range gets you more varied tome users, though typically just ones with unique weapons (I've seen Olwen (bonus unit), Linde, and Celica previously in that range), though there was this one annoying team with Gunnthra, Sophia, and Katarina in it.

There are also dragons.

Tome builds are typically somethingsomething dual Rally somethingsomething Aether Close Counter unless they weren't trying to pad their score. Gunnthra typically runs Blizzard, Close Counter, Chilling Seal, and a Ploy because points. Tharja has some red tome (typically Candelabra+ or Raudhrowl+), Close Counter, and either Vengeful Fighter or Bold Fighter.

Dragons have typical dragon builds.

@Fei MaoI'm in the 720+ range and I see tomes all the time, in any manner of team setup. I make a point of keeping Panic Ploy on somebody specifically to simplify crap like Bladetomes. Depending on the map, however, it's just as easy to lure the enemies apart, in which case Felicia is all set. Current lazy setup for maxing Arena score:

fel1.thumb.jpg.3d19f8ced42ba822ba7e50fbb51a4e36.jpg

A few notes:

• +Spd/-Def-- for a while, I've been wanting to get +Res/-Def instead, but lately I've noticed a few situations where victory hinged on her extra Spd, so I might just keep it this way.
  • S support with Fjorm, who runs her default kit and Rally Def/Res or Reposition
  • I personally don't make a big stink about regular Arena score since I'm happy jumping between tiers 19 and 20 (since the extra 500 feathers average per week isn't worth the effort), so I'm willing to set more practical skills like Glacies and Guard for that.
  • In AA, I do set the highest skills I can and make an effort to get into the 3000 ranking, which I've been able to do pretty easily since focusing on a specific core group.
  • Other core members are Fjorm, Cain, and Sheena. While Felicia can't handle most dragons anymore, the others handle them without much trouble.
  • Atk Ploy seal has been arguably just as good as Distant Def seal, if not better since she's not the only one benefiting from it and she doesn't need to get the attack in, and frees up Distant Def for someone else. This sometimes gets me thinking if Atk and Spd Ploys + Rogue Dagger would be a superior choice, but of course, these are situational problems and I don't think I've ever observed a situation where that would have made a significant difference.
  • It's wishful thinking, but even though I have the resources to give her Aether for scoring, I'm waiting until the 1-year anniversary to see if there's some new skills added. Since I only ever use Growing Light in AA, it's not really an issue in combat, nor do I need the extra SP value for scoring.

I tend to run my Silver Dagger+(SPD) +ATK/-DEF Felicia 4*+10. I think we all agree that the defense drop is probably the safest drop. With Fury and the Attack Seal she hits 48/44 offense. Which isn't great, but is usable on stuff other than mages. This does come at a cost though since her magical defense is 38/40 which isn't quite good enough to handle highly buffed blade mages. But I prefer to take out blades by panic'ing them or by separating them or one shooting them on playerphase. I just don't like to spend the resources to face tank a fully buffed blade without color advantage.

That said I mostly run her as an HP bot who can bait most mages with 48+37 magic bulk if needed. The extra attack+Threaten defense can even let her be the one to finish the offending mage so that her allies can do something else. But that is mostly in PVE. You can run into some scary high damage in arena and she needs to focus more on bulk and or sped there.

@Fei Mao, thanks. Man, I wish there were more units that were summonable as 4* to 5* units with stuff like Atk Ploy, Def Ploy, and Windsweep.

@Johann, how has refined Smoke Dagger+ been serving your Felicia to tank and deal with mages? Not sure if that's the proper way to word that question, but in a way, refined Smoke Dagger+'s -6 Atk debuff is like +6 Def/Res to Felicia and her teammates. The differences here would it can be reversed by someone running Harsh Command on the enemy instead of an ally being Panic Ployed and that Felicia and her allies wouldn't have +6 Def/Res which could help for boosting damage from specials or reducing damage they take from enemies who weren't affected by Smoke Dagger+'s debuff.

I've looked around for discussions on refined Rogue Dagger+ and Smoke Dagger+ and it's made me question which I would want for Felicia. As a mage tank, stacking Rogue Dagger+'s buffs with a debuff from Atk Ploy or Atk Smoke might be better, but a refined Smoke Dagger+'s -6 Atk/Spd/Def/Res seems pretty awesome.

Not directed to either of you, but one of the issues I've had when planning and thinking about builds is that I focus more on PvE more and while any build really can work for Arena and PvE, there are times where I wonder if maybe something else could work worked better or if maybe something would be an extreme case in PvE, but a normal situation in Arena.

Edited by Kaden

11 hours ago, Kaden said:

@Johann, how has refined Smoke Dagger+ been serving your Felicia to tank and deal with mages? Not sure if that's the proper way to word that question, but in a way, refined Smoke Dagger+'s -6 Atk debuff is like +6 Def/Res to Felicia and her teammates. The differences here would it can be reversed by someone running Harsh Command on the enemy instead of an ally being Panic Ploy and that Felicia and her allies wouldn't have +6 Def/Res which could help for boosting damage from specials or reducing damage they take from enemies who weren't affected by Smoke Dagger+'s debuff.

I've looked around for discussions on refined Rogue Dagger+ and Smoke Dagger+ and it's made me question which I would want for Felicia. As a mage tank, stacking Rogue Dagger+'s buffs with a debuff from Atk Ploy or Atk Smoke might be better, but a refined Smoke Dagger+'s -6 Atk/Spd/Def/Res seems pretty awesome.

Not direct to either of you, but one of the issues I've had when planning and thinking about builds is that I focus more on PvE more and while any build really can work for Arena and PvE, there are times where I wonder if maybe something else could work worked better or if maybe something would be an extreme case in PvE, but a normal situation in Arena.

If you can't decide which dagger to use, it might help to think about who her teammates are going to be. Using Rally and Fortify skills may make Rogue Dagger less practical, and conversely using Ploy skills can make Smoke Dagger less practical. I would say Harsh Command is an extremely rare thing to see in Arena, though Micaiah does shake that up a bit (though Micaiah herself is no match for Felicia).

One thing to bear in mind about the Smoke Dagger is that it also hits enemy Spd, which can make some of the high end Spd monsters like Ayra much easier to handle. Also, because of the way buffs work, you mostly only can enjoy the benefits of the Rogue Dagger on the enemy phase (on player phase start, they wear off, even if you just countered someone on the enemy phase before). Given that Arena maps tend to cluster the enemies, Smoke Dagger arguably does better there. In Special maps (GHBs, etc) where enemies tend to be spread out, Rogue Dagger might be more effective.

For what it's worth, my Felicia has never been overwhelmed by enemy mages in any content.

On 1/19/2018 at 10:09 AM, Johann said:

If you can't decide which dagger to use, it might help to think about who her teammates are going to be. Using Rally and Fortify skills may make Rogue Dagger less practical, and conversely using Ploy skills can make Smoke Dagger less practical. I would say Harsh Command is an extremely rare thing to see in Arena, though Micaiah does shake that up a bit (though Micaiah herself is no match for Felicia).

One thing to bear in mind about the Smoke Dagger is that it also hits enemy Spd, which can make some of the high end Spd monsters like Ayra much easier to handle. Also, because of the way buffs work, you mostly only can enjoy the benefits of the Rogue Dagger on the enemy phase (on player phase start, they wear off, even if you just countered someone on the enemy phase before). Given that Arena maps tend to cluster the enemies, Smoke Dagger arguably does better there. In Special maps (GHBs, etc) where enemies tend to be spread out, Rogue Dagger might be more effective.

For what it's worth, my Felicia has never been overwhelmed by enemy mages in any content.

That's a good way to think about it. Although a refined Rogue Dagger+'s +6 Def/Res would overlap with Rally, Fortify, and Def and Res Tactic whenever those are released, Felicia and her allies could still start off with +4 or +6 Def or Res before moving up +2 if they're near her or retaining +6 Def or Res buffs into the next player phase if they're near whoever has a Def or Res Tactic. There's an overlap, but I don't think it's that big of a deal. Similar case with Smoke Dagger, but also with Ploy skills being rarer than the other skills.

I think I'm going to go with Rogue Dagger+ for now as I could always have Felicia inherit Smoke Dagger+ whenever I want to and because I have less copies of Saizo than I have of Gaius and Matthew at the moment. With how good refined daggers are, there would be nothing wrong with having both Rogue and Smoke Dagger considering Felicia along with Jakob would want either or both and I think in general, outside of Jaffar and maybe Sothe, everyone can make use of at least a refined Smoke Dagger+ if not both. Now that I think about it, I could if I wanted and have +Res, -Def Felicia run Rogue Dagger and +Spd, -Def Felicia run Smoke Dagger. It would be insanely expensive, though.

Also, I forgot to ask, which situations have you encountered where +Spd, -Def Felicia has an edge over +Res, -Def Felicia?

Edited by Kaden

3 hours ago, Kaden said:

That's a good way to think about it. Although a refined Rogue Dagger+'s +6 Def/Res would overlap with Rally, Fortify, and Def and Res Tactic whenever those are released, Felicia and her allies could still start off with +4 or +6 Def or Res before moving up +2 if they're near her or retaining +6 Def or Res buffs into the next player phase if they're near whoever has a Def or Res Tactic. There's an overlap, but I don't think it's that big of a deal. Similar case with Smoke Dagger, but also with Ploy skills being rarer than the other skills.

I think I'm going to go with Rogue Dagger+ for now as I could always have Felicia inherit Smoke Dagger+ whenever I want to and because I have less copies of Saizo than I have of Gaius and Matthew at the moment. With how good refined daggers are, there would be nothing wrong with having both Rogue and Smoke Dagger considering Felicia along with Jakob would want either or both and I think in general, outside of Jaffar and maybe Sothe, everyone can make use of at least a refined Smoke Dagger+ if not both. Now that I think about it, I could if I wanted and have +Res, -Def Felicia run Rogue Dagger and +Spd, -Def Felicia run Smoke Dagger. It would be insanely expensive, though.

Also, I forgot to ask, which situations have you encountered where +Spd, -Def Felicia has an edge over +Res, -Def Felicia/

Not sure you'd need both daggers, but go for it if you wanna I guess. The bottom line is that the advantage one dagger has over the other is situational, mostly being whether or not your team or enemies are grouped close, and when you get to attack/counter. Thinking hard about it for a pretty long time, I'm confident that I made the right choice with Smoke Dagger.

Specific situations have come down to moments where she needed to double to finish off a threatening speedy enemy. Also, as mine is now, her Spd is only 43 out of water season, and I've seen plenty of units with 45 Spd or more. In a cramped situation where I have no other alternative, it's more important that she not get doubled by these surprise threats than take 3 less damage against units who barely scratch her, if at all. Lastly, should I ever decide to give her Windsweep, it may be crucial against certain enemies like Distant Counter Ayra.

2 hours ago, Johann said:

Not sure you'd need both daggers, but go for it if you wanna I guess. The bottom line is that the advantage one dagger has over the other is situational, mostly being whether or not your team or enemies are grouped close, and when you get to attack/counter. Thinking hard about it for a pretty long time, I'm confident that I made the right choice with Smoke Dagger.

Specific situations have come down to moments where she needed to double to finish off a threatening speedy enemy. Also, as mine is now, her Spd is only 43 out of water season, and I've seen plenty of units with 45 Spd or more. In a cramped situation where I have no other alternative, it's more important that she not get doubled by these surprise threats than take 3 less damage against units who barely scratch her, if at all. Lastly, should I ever decide to give her Windsweep, it may be crucial against certain enemies like Distant Counter Ayra.

Not need, but more of here's another option for Felicia since Rogue and Smoke Dagger do different things and if I end up not liking one, I could simply switch.

It's also just dawned on me that I don't think anyone with a Rogue Dagger Felicia has posted here. Maybe elsewhere, but I only remembered seeing that build as a "What even is this?" post in the general discussion and people saying that Rogue Dagger, Distant Def, Windsweep Felicia is a pretty good build. It, and any build really, probably works, but it's a bit discouraging not being able to read up on what someone's experiences were like with a Rogue Dagger Felicia. I have an idea of what a Rogue Dagger Matthew build is like from Zeo, but Matthew's a bit of a different unit who can tank magic at times, but isn't dedicated to it like Felicia usually is.

As for +Spd, -Def Felicia or +Res, -Def Felicia, I was wondering about it since -blade mages and certain other mages are stupid enough where mage tanks struggle against them. It's mainly -blade mages since once they get going where they get all their buffs, especially cavalry, flier, and kind of armored mages, you're kind of screwed regardless of what unit you are unless you have WTA, high resistance, probably a gem weapon or T-Adept 3 which Felicia does not have access to or you're sitting on a defense tile. Using KageroChart to check, against fully buffed, high attack armored, cavalry, and flier -blade mages, Felicia with a resistance refined dagger, Distant Def 3 or Warding Stance 3, and Distant Def 3 as a seal ends up in single digit health regardless if she's +Res or +Spd. Without a resistance refined dagger, both tend to die. It's against mages with speed, infantry or otherwise, that +Spd Felicia edges out by being able to avoid getting doubled and dying to some mages unlike +Res Felicia.

While this is without buffs, debuffs, or whatever else that would help Felicia and against fully-buffed -blade mages, it seems like +Spd Felicia being able to avoid doubles and doubling more is safer than +Res Felicia's ability to take magical hits better and have stronger Iceberg or Glacies procs. -blade mages don't get spammed in PvE and I don't think they get as much buffs as they would in arena, but inflated stats can make enemy units very fast like those fliers on infernal Valter with 39 base speed or Celica having 38 base speed on lunatic 7 battles in her TT a while back. Felicia wouldn't be taking much damage from non-raven and non-blade mages, so maybe avoiding doubles and doubling more units might be a better idea.