Felicia, Maid Mayhem

Fei Mao

I figure throwing her at fully buffed Bladetomes is kinda careless no matter what her setup is. If they concern you, might as well bring either a Panic Ploy user (which I do) or otherwise have some plan to get their team to split up (sometimes this happens regardless due to things like Reposition).

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Johann said:

I figure throwing her at fully buffed Bladetomes is kinda careless no matter what her setup is. If they concern you, might as well bring either a Panic Ploy user (which I do) or otherwise have some plan to get their team to split up (sometimes this happens regardless due to things like Reposition).

Well, it was used as an example of how Felicia could survive against them, fully-buffed -blade mages, but after checking it and noticing she would usually survive with single digit health, I'm not sure if it's a great way to gauge how well Felicia would perform as a mage tank since most characters struggle against taking hits from -blade mages. She could take them on, especially with a healer, someone inflicting Panic Ploy on them, and/or if she caught them with debuffs from a refined Smoke Dagger+ or through a combination of Ploys and Smokes, but against regular mages and -blade mages in PvE content, I think she should be fine.

Incidentally, I leave Renewal on her for the SP value, which has been extremely useful in many battles. I am a big fan of refined Wolf tomes to handle buffed cavalry mages too (specifically, on Ursula and Cecilia, my only cavalry ranged units), and I usually bring Panic Ploy into Arena anyway.

@Kaden If it's worth anything, I did try Rogue Dagger before weapon refinement and I didn't like it much. (Haven't tried it post refinement on her, but opinion will probably be the same) The dagger doesn't increase her bulk for baiting since she needs to attack something on player phase, and from my experience doing so puts her in dangerous spots since a melee unit is mostly within the mage's attack rage. Since the buff disappears on the start of player phase and most teams have only one magic damage dealer I felt that it doesn't get much value if only one source of magic damage is attacking her on that phase.

IMO post-reinfement I can see it have some in PVE maps like the Oliver Infernal where Felicia gets attacked by multiple sources of magic DMG on EP, boosting a bladetome user's damage, a team that is mostly for enemy phase and you want to increase their endurance, or a team where you prefer to use Spurs and other C skills instead of Hone RES/DEF. The FEH subreddit might have some Felicia users that have more experience with using Rogue. There's also the Felicia discord with a bunch of fanatics that might be able to provide more info.

If there are other Felicia users on this site, don't be shy, come and add your insight.

Hope @Kaden is willing to hold on that dagger choice now that we have a potential better choice coming. While the stats on the plate could be practically anything (though I'd wager 14 Mt is highly possible), I really hope it does something unique that we can't already do with existing daggers. I could see them doing a "targets the lower of Def or Res" thing with it or something else to otherwise help her damage.

1 hour ago, Johann said:

Hope @Kaden is willing to hold on that dagger choice now that we have a potential better choice coming. While the stats on the plate could be practically anything (though I'd wager 14 Mt is highly possible), I really hope it does something unique that we can't already do with existing daggers. I could see them doing a "targets the lower of Def or Res" thing with it or something else to otherwise help her damage.

Yeah, I'm going to hold off for now. I haven't done anything with her yet and I've been focusing on Lyon since red mages are a weak part of my army.

@Johann Would be nice if her plate does that, helps make her much more threatening to face.I We are also getting our free Infantry Pulse whenever the TT comes out, so that'll help boost her potential even more, who do you plan on giving it to?.

8 minutes ago, Fei Mao said:

@Johann Would be nice if her plate does that, helps make her much more threatening to face.I We are also getting our free Infantry Pulse whenever the TT comes out, so that'll help boost her potential even more, who do you plan on giving it to?.

Isn't Infantry Pulse 5* on Marisa? Either way I don't think I'd be willing to fodder her off

23 minutes ago, Johann said:

Isn't Infantry Pulse 5* on Marisa? Either way I don't think I'd be willing to fodder her off

I see, and yeah it is 5*. Depending on what the plate offers, I'd like to try Marisa on my team as a pulse and panic user, but that'll leave me with double reds on my team which might be an issue against Red Sword Armors and Red Dragons. (Felicia, Marisa, Eirika, and F.Robin)

I'm really liking the plate so far, now she is not reliant on her specials for damage. The plate also opens up her C slot for another type of ploy or another skill which is great. The extra cooldown when attacked by mages which helps improves her enemy phase for one rounding mages.Example: if you're running a character with infantry pulse and Felicia with iceberg, now when a mage attacks her that person will be hit with her special on counter.

I think she cold run a glass cannon build now, maybe something like: Plate, Glimmer/Iceberg(Special), Life and Death/Flashing Blade/Fury/Swift Sparrow (A), Desperation/Windsweep (B) and ATK Ploy/Flexible for C. What do you guys think?

@Kaden If you are still thinking of upgrading a weapon for Felicia I think the plate is a must have. Or test it out with the base plate and see if you like it.

Edited by Fei Mao

I feel like that video of 1* Felicia destroying infernal Valter and using Astra was an omen. A good one at that. :p

2 hours ago, Fei Mao said:

@Kaden If you are still thinking of upgrading a weapon for Felicia I think the plate is a must have. Or test it out with the base plate and see if you like it.

I was holding out until Felicia's Plate was released before doing anything with her. She's, the +Spd, -Def and +Res, -Def ones, still a level 1, 4* unit.

Felicia's Plate looks really good. Targeting the weaker of her enemy's defensive stat means her low attack stat doesn't really matter much. Helps that Felicia's Plate is a personal weapon and has 14 Mt. Whether or not Felicia would be doing more damage with Glimmer and Astra, I'm not so sure. Glimmer and Astra work well if the user's attack stat is significantly higher than their enemy's defensive stat and Felicia would be able to target the lower defensive stat, but her attack still might not be high enough since =Atk Felicia has 37 attack with her plate let alone the variances in what would be the lower defensive stat like for Roy, it's only a 3 point difference and he'd still have average defense of some kind while for Lukas, it's a 21 point difference. If anything, Glimmer would activate quickly and since she'd target the weaker defensive stat, Moonbow might not be as good since it wouldn't scale well with low defensive stats.

The unique refinement strengthens her ability to fight mages and with her plate targeting the weaker defensive stat, I feel like there's less incentive to inherit Kitty Paddle onto Felicia now. It's still good if you want to murder mages with effective damage, but Felicia's Plate's higher Mt and effect might be enough to offset the effective damage and you'd have to use a neko Sakura who is a good anti-mage to begin with where Felicia's Plate is what sets them apart now. The only downside with the unique refinement is that for ranged units, they don't get any stat boosts, so Felicia loses out on +2 HP which could help out. A resistance refined plate would still be good if you're looking for more bulk on Felicia.

There's not much of a reason to pass on Felicia's Plate, but I feel like refined Smoke Dagger's that good to warrant it being a possible secondary weapon for Felicia. Refined Smoke Dagger seems like a very multi-purpose tool. Rogue Dagger puts her into a more specific role as a mage wall and buffer/debuff unit, so it's good, but it's just specific.

I just wished I had more Divine Dew and more incentive to refine regular weapons since there's only so many people and weapons you can refine.

• Plate's great since it means she can actually go up against units she otherwise wouldn't (though she still may need a Sweep skill if you want to safely attack some units). By far her best offensive option. Only issue with the ideal upgrade path is the lack of extra stats, making it a slightly weaker defensive choice than Smoke or Rogue.
  • Kitty Paddle effectively locks her into simply killing mages and things with horrible Def. Don't give up your Sakura if you have one.
  • Rogue Dagger is pretty much only ideal if you're running her with a Bladetome user, otherwise I'd say it's a slight downgrade over Smoke because of how buffs work, and the -Spd effect on Smoke.
  • Smoke Dagger still is an outstanding all-purpose weapon and I'll have a hard time getting used to her not using it anymore.

With the plate, I'm keeping her with Glacies since her Atk is still really poor and there are plenty of major threats that have high Res and Def.

Yeah the plate is a must have. I run atk/Res bond,qr3,Def ploy and dd3 on my Felicia. I think I agree with @Fei Mao that Felicia probably doesn't need Def ploy anymore, it's still a great option but now you could probably put a different support skill on her.

I'm really liking the plate as well, it's a fantastic upgrade for Felicia. If only I had more Divine Dew! I struggled to find a good use for Felicia in my army before, but now she's quite strong.

With the upgrade, Vantage seems like a pretty solid and notable option for the B-slot. I'm running Fury, Vantage, & Atk+3 SS on my +Atk Felicia, and she definitely has the attack stat to one-shot a lot of the glass cannon mages.

Edit: Oh, and you have Sacrifice listed in the medic build. It should be Ardent Sacrifice, as Sacrifice is Micaiah exclusive.

Edited by Astellius

^Ah, vantage seems to be another good option for her now due to her improved damage. Adjusted the main post with it as well as correcting the medic build.

6 hours ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Can a +res -def Felicia works well with this move set.

Mirror strike, Cancel Affinity 3, Iceberg, and Distant Defense 3 as a seal?

Yeah that works well for her.

Desperation should be mentioned in the General build. Considering that her Plate gives her a pretty menacing offense the cookie-cutter Fury+Desperation combo should work well with her. Anything that has too loop-sided stats (which is like 80% of the entire cast) will probably die in 2 hits unless specific defensive measures are taken (like DD seal). Even then, once she charges her Special it's very likely that the receiver is dead, especially if you choose to run Glacies.

If anything Poison Strike should just be taken out or moved to the Debuffer build. In general, the debuff on her weapon should more than enough to soften enemies. Poison Strike is never optimal because it doesn't help her plus it is ever so awkward against skills with an HP threshold like Vantage or Wrath. Even in a general use build you would rather choose a -breaker to cover holes in your team.

On 2/13/2018 at 4:19 PM, Zeratul said:

Desperation should be mentioned in the General build. Considering that her Plate gives her a pretty menacing offense the cookie-cutter Fury+Desperation combo should work well with her. Anything that has too loop-sided stats (which is like 80% of the entire cast) will probably die in 2 hits unless specific defensive measures are taken (like DD seal). Even then, once she charges her Special it's very likely that the receiver is dead, especially if you choose to run Glacies.

If anything Poison Strike should just be taken out or moved to the Debuffer build. In general, the debuff on her weapon should more than enough to soften enemies. Poison Strike is never optimal because it doesn't help her plus it is ever so awkward against skills with an HP threshold like Vantage or Wrath. Even in a general use build you would rather choose a -breaker to cover holes in your team.

Thanks for the input made the adjustments to the main post. Yeah the cookie-cutter Fury + Desperation is good enough for most targets like you stated, though some characters with balanced defensive stats might give her issues. (Sheena, Halloween Jakob, and some Dragons come to mind) Also, thinking it about some more, I decided to remove the debuff build, Plate is just too good to pass up, and there's not a lot of reason to use the other daggers unless the player wants to.

Edited by Fei Mao

4 hours ago, Shiro said:

is there a build felicia can use to counter dragons?

Outside of Watersweep, no.

Dragons target the weaker of either Defense or Resistance and they usually run Quick Riposte. Since Felicia has abysmal Defense and Attack, she will die doing little damage, if any.

17 minutes ago, Shiro said:

Well im building a felicia right now and she feels so underwhelming in arena with my current team of !LAhector !LAlilina and br!lyn

Felicia's primary opponents should be mages since that is what her stat spread is for; she is not designed to handle Distant Counter units. If you are having trouble with dragons, you will need to use Firesweep, Watersweep, or melee units.