Holiday banner predictions

sirmola

Just now, Thane said:

Just because of that, I'm sure Hinoka will be the one to appear. 

This game choosing female characters over male?! My god, it would be the very first time! 

...Yeah... you're probably right -.- 

I'm not too fussed on Ryoma. He's not bad, and I'd pull for him as a seasonal (unless they really messed up his art), but I would definitely love a Takumi seasonal :D Preferably not a colourless one. I still feel a bit miffed that Leo turned out to be a red tome seasonal again, despite his love of tomatoes. 

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Thane said:

Just because of that, I'm sure Hinoka will be the one to appear. 

Egads, my friend, must you keep using that razor sharp wit to bully me into submission? I have already said you won our discourse - my arguments stand no match for your righteous fury. I am bested and will go into exile in a Japanese mountain temple and ponder my mistakes.

Okay, the jerk comment was out of line, but do you have to be so...like that about it?

2 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Okay, the jerk comment was out of line, but do you have to be so...like that about it?

You were the one who wanted to argue semantics. Knowing how you operate and your general mindset when it comes to talking to others, especially when it comes to Lucina, I figured it would be easier to get you to stop replying over something so meaningless if I was "like that".

4 hours ago, Rezzy said:

I'm not a fan of seasonal banners in general, but Christmas/Winter is okay as long as we don't get a "New Years" banner right after it.  Come to think of it, this past couple Banners was the first time we have had two normal banners in a row since April.

We might get a New Year's banner around February for Chinese New Year. That may also coincide with the anniversary.

As for who shows up on the Christmas banner? Don't know, don't really care. I expect the datamined Robin and Tharja, and don't really care who else is on it because I'm not going to pull on it anyway.

Realistic guess? Felicia and M Corrin seem like a decent pair to go along with Tharja and Robin. Checks off that Fates/Awakening balance too.

What do I actually want? Characters I don't like and/or people from games I didn't play, so I can be free to focus on pulling Tharja. My luck sucks so I'll be agonizing over orbs if there's 2+ units I want. Robin's okay but I don't like his art, so I'll probably pass on him. If orbs weren't an issue, maybe Hinoka for more Hoshido rep. Or I'd love another special Cordelia, but seems unlikely they'd have her in one again this year. (no idea how Xander got 2) Same for Christmas Camilla, but if they skipped over her for a summer fanservice alt I'd be surprised to see her now. Beruka/Peri would be my other want, but I don't think they're popular enough to get a special banner spot.

With the seasonal banner trend (as in the actual season/holiday ones) I kind of expect a flier shoved into this too, and I wonder who it could be. Could be something weird like Tharja being a flier healer, or our first flier archer as one of the two unknown units.

Edited by Alkaid

1 minute ago, bethany81707 said:

What happens if we get Robin and Tharja as the silhouette teasers?

People will be like, "We already know they're on the banner, who else is on it???"

I'm not going to have money for a New Years banner if they do one, and the timing of the next Arena bonus hero set perfectly allows Christmas and New Years to be consecutive banners.

That said, New Years would literally be perfect for a Hoshido seasonal banner. I wouldn't mind seeing Nohr in New Years garb, though.

As for Christmas, I'm hoping we don't get Ninian because wallet reasons. I don't have much attachment with the 3DS-generation characters, so I don't really have any expectations other than what we already know.

I just had a thought that is crazy, but possible. What if they made one of the units a flyer and made there method of flying, a sleigh pulled by two peagsus. It's crazy and maybe unlikely, but it could happen. After all, H!Nowi's method of flying is a broom, so you never know.

4 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

I just had a thought that is crazy, but possible. What if they made one of the units a flyer and made there method of flying, a sleigh pulled by two peagsus. It's crazy and maybe unlikely, but it could happen. After all, H!Nowi's method of flying is a broom, so you never know.

Do you realize just how enormous that battle sprite would be?

18 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

I was thinking they could just use a reindeer as a mount. That seems like it'd work well. And if Tharja happened to be the flier this banner, I can see her outfit working to match her mount then.

9 hours ago, thecrimsonflash said:

I think that's the point.

who doesn't want lyn and xander emblem?

Not gonna lie, this is 50% of my love for Heroes. The other half is centered around the ability to S rank any characters you want and the fact that Bunny Chrom exists and I have him and that soon I will have Santa Robin to S rank him with. Thank Naga I linked my Nintendo account too so that when my old iphone 5c dies I won't lose anything when I have to get a new one.

@Cute Chao and @C. Turtle I really am tiered I forgot all about Oscar, they need to put Kieran and Kaze in heroes because Saizo and Oscar are lonely with out their counterparts.  Now I really want those to on the Christmas banner since it would be fitting.

53 minutes ago, saisymbolic said:

I will be extremely sad if someone is not riding a reindeer or is not riding a magical levitating sleigh or magical levitating sled.

I think it's a better idea to have a Pegasus with reindeer qualities. 

6 hours ago, Othin said:

Performing Arts and Trick or Defeat were all really solid in terms of mechanically distinct units. Performing Arts was all dancers with new weapon types while Trick or Defeat had three new weapon/movement type combinations, leaving Sakura as the only one out of the eight units on those banners not to have a new unit type. And even Sakura had a pretty novel weapon effect.

Whilst the new mechanics are nice, I absolutely don't like unique mechanics being locked behind seasonal variants. I'd rather they scrapped seasonals all together and actually gave these unique mechanics to characters of lesser popularity so people can actually start caring about them. Giving the likes of Cath a mage-killer dagger, putting an armour mage Alvis and a Grimoire-like bow effect on Reina would've been fine, to be honest.

I would laugh and cry if they just don't use the MRobin and Tharja assets and made new ones to surprise everyone. I really want that MRobin though, and this probably isn't going to happen. Choosing two other units though, MCorrin and Kaze as Mrs. Claus probably Felicia to balance out the male to female ratio.

6 minutes ago, SlipperySlippy said:

Whilst the new mechanics are nice, I absolutely don't like unique mechanics being locked behind seasonal variants. I'd rather they scrapped seasonals all together and actually gave these unique mechanics to characters of lesser popularity so people can actually start caring about them. Giving the likes of Cath a mage-killer dagger, putting an armour mage Alvis and a Grimoire-like bow effect on Reina would've been fine, to be honest.

I wasn't fond of the idea when it first came up, but I've accepted that it's just how it is. Given the reality that seasonal variants exist and are the main source of new unit types, I'd rather they introduce those new unit types sooner rather than later.

In any case, as frustrating as it can be to have limited availability for special unit types, it's probably better for their long-term ability to keep making lots of new content, by helping to keep the game profitable. Since I'm playing for free and have everything I really need out of what's available so far, I can't complain. There's enough free orbs to get each month's best seasonal unit, after all.

1 hour ago, bethany81707 said:

(...What? You thought Luke was the red cav? He's not wearing red!)

Maybe he's the color-blind Christmas Knight.

5 hours ago, bethany81707 said:

Anyway, it's not just Oscar and Saizo. Cecille when?

(...What? You thought Luke was the red cav? He's not wearing red!)

I know, I always used to count her as the red knight but then no one else did so I slowly stopped. Though Luke has the personality for it, at least...

4 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Maybe he's the color-blind Christmas Knight.

Lmao! Love this :D

2 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I know, I always used to count her as the red knight but then no one else did so I slowly stopped. Though Luke has the personality for it, at least...

It's like "Those two guys", except Luke and Rody fit that more than Cecille and Rody.

Though if SoV's new red and green armoured soldiers is actually part of the Christmas character tradition, that's even worse. You need DLC to get them to interact. (Also, if they are Valentia's Christmas characters, Lukas is also without his buddy.)