Holiday banner predictions

sirmola

1 minute ago, bethany81707 said:

It's like "Those two guys", except Luke and Rody fit that more than Cecille and Rody.

Though if SoV's new red and green armoured soldiers is actually part of the Christmas character tradition, that's even worse. You need DLC to get them to interact. (Also, if they are Valentia's Christmas characters, Lukas is also without his buddy.)

The worst crime is the fact Cain and Abel do not have a support. Not even in NMotE. Frickin' Est gets like four or five in both that and SoV and they don't get to support each other -.-

Honestly, I'm not sure I count Lukas and Forsyth. Python and Forsyth are the more commonly seen companions. It does annoy me they seem to be included whereas Alva and Kein from Thracia aren't, despite fitting both colour-wise and (alleged) personality-wise better.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

The worst crime is the fact Cain and Abel do not have a support. Not even in NMotE. Frickin' Est gets like four or five in both that and SoV and they don't get to support each other -.-

Honestly, I'm not sure I count Lukas and Forsyth. Python and Forsyth are the more commonly seen companions. It does annoy me they seem to be included whereas Alva and Kein from Thracia aren't, despite fitting both colour-wise and (alleged) personality-wise better.

We mostly don't count them because of their dialogue. I've only checked Kein's as part of a comparison to his similarly named Cain, but he has 4 moments of characterisation- a bland death quote, a bland escape quote, Selphina naming him in a cutscene, and a bland ending. We just don't remember the saps. (And Kein wears his armour under his cloak- it's hard to see that it's green on Serenes's introduction page.)

As for Lukas and Forsyth, they don't really fit the spirit of the thing either. They're just a guy in red and a guy in green. On the other hand, can we have a banner of Forsyth, Cecille, Kaze and Kieran if we didn't count them?

6 minutes ago, bethany81707 said:

We mostly don't count them because of their dialogue. I've only checked Kein's as part of a comparison to his similarly named Cain, but he has 4 moments of characterisation- a bland death quote, a bland escape quote, Selphina naming him in a cutscene, and a bland ending. We just don't remember the saps. (And Kein wears his armour under his cloak- it's hard to see that it's green on Serenes's introduction page.)

As for Lukas and Forsyth, they don't really fit the spirit of the thing either. They're just a guy in red and a guy in green. On the other hand, can we have a banner of Forsyth, Cecille, Kaze and Kieran if we did count them?

Yeah but Kein's oa :O

I hope they do count them if they ever do a remake :)

And are you crazy?! Not only is that a banner with four whole units, but three of them are men! That's too shocking to even consider! (My feelings towards pretty much every new banner of late that hasn't been seasonal).

I think it's why I want to see Thracia in the game so much, even if it won't get as much love, I'm guessing. I'd love to see the characters who got almost no lines actually get some lines... but they wouldn't be popular enough, I imagine. I have a hope they'll be added as a wave of 3-4* units, but that's looking unlikely, too.

Their personalities do match, but only if you go by one of the official Thracia books. Kein is more reserved, Alva is more jolly. But in game, all they are are pretty sprites :( Seriously, Kein's oa is wasted, I tell ya. Wasted!

Kein's clothing is much clearer in his oa. It's only his sprite that isn't clear with it. Alva actually wears blue, but his cloak is red so it still counts xD

So the silhouettes were just posted on twitter

Looks like it'll be an Ylissan christmas *sigh* I'll maybe try for Lissa, but otherwise my orbs will be saved.

@Thane my wrath will only be fully unleashed if they somehow make a second Nohr banner after this (before doing a Hoshidan one). Heroes has really caused my opinions of them to cool down a lot, this would probably make me despise them as a group.

Edited by Nanima

3 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

And are you crazy?! Not only is that a banner with four whole units, but three of them are men! That's too shocking to even consider! (My feelings towards pretty much every new banner of late that hasn't been seasonal).

You know what? Let's make it more palatable to IS's current tastes and step out of the argument, and knock off Forsyth. Not sure what to do about the too-many-men thing.

...(I'd call it a joke, but if Cecille turns out to be a lancer, maybe it's for the better that we took out a blue. He could be a Tempest unit!)

4 minutes ago, bethany81707 said:

You know what? Let's make it more palatable to IS's current tastes and step out of the argument, and knock off Forsyth. Not sure what to do about the too-many-men thing.

...(I'd call it a joke, but if Cecille turns out to be a lancer, maybe it's for the better that we took out a blue. He could be a Tempest unit!)

To be fair, I probably wouldn't pull for Cecil, since I tend to go only for the guys nowadays, since too few orbs and so many amazing characters :D So yeah, that'd be good ^.^

But if Forsyth is in it, we'd need Python because they are the true boon companions!

@SatsumaFSoysoy

Are you able to post a screenshot? I can't go onto twitter on this pc (I'm guessing that's where it is).

Edited by Cute Chao

12 minutes ago, Nanima said:

@Thane my wrath will only be fully unleashed if they somehow make a second Nohr banner after this (before doing a Hoshidan one). Heroes has really caused my opinions of them to cool down a lot, this would probably make me despise them as a group.

Do you think the developers would really be so ... I dunno -- foolish? Make their biases known -- to make yet a second seasonal banner with Nohr characters when they've only had one seasonal Hoshidan?

EDIT: Hmm, the guy in that teaser ... could it possibly be male Robin?

Edited by Sunwoo

I am definitely tossing all of my orbs on this banner. I hope it’s Chrom and Lissa! Chrom and Lissa deserve a new artist.

After this, I hope it’s a different entry... Because...

Edited by Aera

Lissa...? Seriously?

I don't mind the Awakening/Fates bias, but at least choose good characters. Seems like an easy skip if it's Robin and Tharja returning with Lissa.

Although really, I don't think the character even matters at this point, it's more about the kit and skills. People are waiting for their blue or red tome cav to usurp Cecilia/Leo with their terrible stat distribution.

10 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

https://tcrf.net/File:Fire-Emblem-Heroes-Christmas-Robin.png

https://tcrf.net/File:Fire-Emblem-Heroes-Christmas-Robin-Battle-1.png

If it is, I'd hate to be the artist of these illustrations.

15 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:
  Hide contents

DQ_ttw_VwAA1bPw.png

@Cute Chao I gotcha', friend!!! 

Yeah. Left is definitely Lissa...some guy on the right. Probably Awakening-based considering everyone else...

Darn this work pc. It's still not showing. Thanks for trying for me, though :) My work pc likes to be awkward xD

Edit: Ah, SF main site has updated with them now. Will check them out :D

Looking at this, I think the guy on the left is Robin. Looks like people are right about Lissa being on the right.

Edited by Cute Chao

17 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Do you think the developers would really be so ... I dunno -- foolish? Make their biases known -- to make yet a second seasonal banner with Nohr characters when they've only had one seasonal Hoshidan?

I mean, they've already tossed in three Xanders and had all the banners before Halloween feature only Nohrians as special units. (even incidental ones like Easter and Bride. Dancer featured Azura in a Nohrian outfit and the second Halloween unit was the mostly Nohrian aligned Jakob.) And it's not just Heroes: figurines have featured almost exclusively Nohrian characters (Sakura nendo being the only outlier), and even the official manga got retooled into being from Leo's (i.e. a Nohrian) perspective. Warriors is the only spin-off that has given the Hoshidans equal attention and representation. Everything else points to the fact that Intsys has decided that Nohr is their biggest moneymaker and are catering primarily to them.  

Edited by Nanima

10 minutes ago, Nanima said:

I mean, they've already tossed in three Xanders and had all the banners before Halloween feature only Nohrians as special units. (even incidental ones like Easter and Bride. Dancer featured Azura in a Nohrian outfit and the second Halloween unit was the mostly Nohrian aligned Jakob.) And it's not just Heroes: other merchandise have featured almost exclusively Nohrian characters (Sakura nendo being the only outlier), with the most egregious example being the official manga getting retooled into being from Leo's (i.e. a Nohrian) perspective. Warriors is the only spin-off that has given the Hoshidans equal attention and representation. Everything else points to the fact that Intsys has decided that Nohr is their biggest moneymaker and are catering primarily to them.  

You know, even if most people like the Nohrians a lot, there has to be some point when even they get sick of having mostly (or only) Nohrians for everything. If the developers insist on pushing their own biases way too much into Heroes (such as top 1-3 male characters not getting a single seasonal outfit so far and being in only one gauntlet, the one they were voted into, Nohrians getting way too much stuff despite Takumi scoring higher than Leo and Xander, and Ryoma only being one spot behind Xander, etc.) that will probably kill the game faster than anything else. Then the Nohrians can be "those guys who killed Heroes by appearing too much".

EDIT: Okay, I looked at the datamined Christmas Robin again. Unless they changed the artwork, I don't think it's him. That said, I don't really care to guess who else it could be. Most likely not Lon'qu, though.

Edited by Sunwoo

5 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

You know, even if most people like the Nohrians a lot, there has to be some point when even they get sick of having mostly (or only) Nohrians for everything. If the developers insist on pushing their own biases way too much into Heroes (such as top 1-3 male characters not getting a single seasonal outfit so far and being in only one gauntlet, the one they were voted into, Nohrians getting way too much stuff despite Takumi scoring higher than Leo and Xander, and Ryoma only being one spot behind Xander, etc.) that will probably kill the game faster than anything else. Then the Nohrians can be "those guys who killed Heroes by appearing too much".

They are making up to Nohr for butchering Conquest up.

I hope they will gravitate towards other entries that deserve love more. 

3 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Not sure when that point will be. I've mostly seen their fanbase cheering for more stuff and even more than a few demanding another seasonal Leon (remember when all we had of the Halloween banner was the silhouettes and people thought Henry might be Leon? Lots of people were hoping for him). Not sure if it'll kill the game any time soon, as long as they eventually bring in Ike and co. as seasonals. Hoshido not getting represented in Fates banners by itself isn't going to do that. Most of the unhappy people are just tired of Fates units in general, and not Nohrian ones specifically (which is why they call it Fates pandering and not Nohr pandering) 

As a Robin fanboy who has obsessed over the leaked Holiday art for him, the guy on that sillouette is not Male Robin, definitely. The shape doesn't match any of his art, and we have the full set of his art, so unless he was redrawn before this event was made, that guy is not Male Robin.

My bet is Chrom, the girl on that pic is definitely Lissa, and then we have the leaked Tharja and Male Robin to round up the banner.

Regardless of who it is, I am whaling on this banner. I will not be denied Christmas Robin.

8 minutes ago, Aera said:

They are making up to Nohr for butchering Conquest up.

I hope they will gravitate towards other entries that deserve love more. 

I thought all three paths of Fates were pretty bad XD

That said, considering how ... uh, split, the fanbase of Fates is I don't know why on Earth they think it's a good idea to give love to only units from one side. Especially considering how well Takumi did in CYL poll and in other polls in general.

6 minutes ago, Nanima said:

Not sure when that point will be. I've mostly seen their fanbase cheering for more stuff and even more than a few demanding another seasonal Leon (remember when all we had of the Halloween banner was the silhouettes and people thought Henry might be Leon? Lots of people were hoping for him). Not sure if it'll kill the game any time soon, as long as they eventually bring in Ike and co. as seasonals. Hoshido not getting represented in Fates banners by itself isn't going to do that. Most of the unhappy people are just tired of Fates units in general, and not Nohrian ones specifically (which is why they call it Fates pandering and not Nohr pandering) 

Maybe sometime next year even Nohr fans will get sick of Nohrian-only characters. Since most of them would probably have to have other characters they like besides just the Nohr characters.

You know, it's somewhat hilarious, but ... my friend Pandog has only played Awakening, and this was their reaction when I posted the link to the Christmas banner:

Me: We're getting a Christmas banner.

Pandog: You saying there's THREE FEA characters so far??!

They've only played Awakening, and they've told me that they're already sick of seeing only Awakening and Fates/Nohr seasonal units. They actually said they want bird laguz in the game.

Edited by Sunwoo

36 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

EDIT: Okay, I looked at the datamined Christmas Robin again. Unless they changed the artwork, I don't think it's him. That said, I don't really care to guess who else it could be. Most likely not Lon'qu, though.

Even if it's not the same pose, the silhouette still matches the Christmas Robin's uniform. I see a hood and the tip of a Santa hat

and..even though that teaser clearly isn't him, I still kind of (really) hope he's in this banner for once.. I've been anticipating a special Lon'qu since Spring >_>;;;;;

Edited by Pandog

3 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

I don't think they'll do Chrom again but who could the other guy be...

Stahl? (one half of Christmas Knights?)

Defintely not Lon'qu. Gaius has been done before, too so not him.

Not donnel either

I’d be happy if it was Stahl on an armored Reindeer. 

I just hope the units are unique, but we will know by Friday night.

Ah, fair enough. It looked vaguely like it could be, but I haven't matched shadows :)

On the Nohrian topic - I love Nohr. Xander and Leo are some of my favourites. But... I love Takumi and Subaki, especially, from Hoshido. I want to see Hoshido get some love. I wouldn't mind a bit more Fates pandering if we got some Hoshido units.

Nohr has had enough pandering, although I'm really starting to get sick of Awakening more than any other. There's not been a single seasonal banner they've not been on, excluding Nohrian summer which was a direct counter to the full Ylissian summer.

So, unless they give us a seasonal Gerome (yay bias!) or a Christmas Sully/Stahl, I really hope they veer away from Awakening for a bit.

And yet I still know I'm gonna pull even if they don't. Urgh -.-

4 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

I don't think they'll do Chrom again but who could the other guy be...

Stahl? (one half of Christmas Knights?)

Defintely not Lon'qu. Gaius has been done before, too so not him.

Not donnel either

It's not like they're afraid to do seasonal repeats

We have two seasonal Xanders.

And Stahl's hair is not like the hair the dude on that teaser pic has, as Stahl has very visible cowlicks.

It MIGHT be Gaius, but I feel Chrom is more likely.

8 minutes ago, Doof said:

It's not like they're afraid to do seasonal repeats

We have two seasonal Xanders.

And Stahl's hair is not like the hair the dude on that teaser pic has, as Stahl has very visible cowlicks.

It MIGHT be Gaius, but I feel Chrom is more likely.

Yeah, I think it’s Chrom. Someone pointed out the hilt of Falchion for the character on the right on Twitter.

Edited by Aera