Holiday banner predictions

sirmola

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As someone with no Fates experience, I honestly can only tell the difference half because of Heroes ("Nohrian Summer" was a tip-off) and half because you guys keep yelling about it.

Sometimes, I wonder what looking into an unfamiliar FE universe is like, and then I remember I can actually do that.

12 minutes ago, bethany81707 said:

As someone with no Fates experience, I honestly can only tell the difference half because of Heroes ("Nohrian Summer" was a tip-off) and half because you guys keep yelling about it.

Sometimes, I wonder what looking into an unfamiliar FE universe is like, and then I remember I can actually do that.

Nohr units tend to be darker in colour and wear more Western looking garb. Hoshidons tend to be sort of brighter and wear more Japanese garb. Easiest way to tell. There's a few that work for both, though, although they all originate from one or the other.

Clothing is more of an indicator than colouring, though.

Edited by Cute Chao

I predict Velouria diguise like Jack from "The Nightmare Before Christmas" and by that i mean in a really weird/gross santa clause  . Or like  Oogie Boogi, that would be funny . And Santa Hector for obvious reason . 

Lissa to the left, I kind of want to guess Ephraim on the right.

Also calling it that Christmas Robin and Tharja were merely leftover data from a possible earlier launch that got delayed and won't be on the banner.

6 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Also calling it that Christmas Robin and Tharja were merely leftover data from a possible earlier launch that got delayed and won't be on the banner.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind that. I didn't really like Christmas Robin's art. It looked oddly unfinished to me. If they do use him, I hope the art gets a bit of a touch up.

Okay, so, I really want more seasonals for older games and a few more permanent additions for Awakening (most importantly, I want a few of the second generation characters in the game already). This blatant favoritism is annoying.

...However, I can't say no to Lissa if she actually gets good art. 

Whoever the guy is, he looks like an armor.

Hopefully he isn't a repeat of a character who's already gotten a seasonal variation. It was funny with Xander, but we don't need that to become a pattern.

A irl friend of mine mentioned that the guy on the right might be Morgan. Looks a little small to be a kid, but I suppose that guess is as good as any. Well-kept hair kind of limits the characters he could be, but he's probably wearing a hat which could hide some cow-licks... The Awakening guys with neat hair are Henry, Chrom, Gaius...maybe Frederick? I kind of hope it's not any of them since they've all got a seasonal already. 

Maybe it's NotLunica!Marth.

3 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

It seems pretty clearly like it's gonna be Lissa and Chrom. I (and my orbs) would explode if that were Peri on the left, but I doubt it.

That would hurt my orbs supply greatly, I'm already aiming for Tharja, I don't need any more distractions.

Lissa!!!!!! The other one seems like it is either Chrom or like a Male!Morgan or something.  I say those two because on the right you see a hilt that looks like it belongs to the Falchion.  I could see it being Chrom but what I don't  see is why Chrom would have the Falchion during a Christmas banner.  My thought for it being Male! Morgan would be if hypothetically if it was Chrom!Morgan and his gift from his father would be the Falchion.   I could totally be wrong but it's a thought.

People keep saying it’s Lissa on the left, but I have my doubts. For one, we already know we’re getting Robin and Tharja, and they almost always do 2 awakening characters and 2 fates characters. So I hate to admit it, but that’s probably Peri, which means another banner I won’t summon from. The one on the right’s Probably Leo.

13 minutes ago, Jonahtron said:

People keep saying it’s Lissa on the left, but I have my doubts. For one, we already know we’re getting Robin and Tharja, and they almost always do 2 awakening characters and 2 fates characters. So I hate to admit it, but that’s probably Peri, which means another banner I won’t summon from. The one on the right’s Probably Leo.

Of the 6 previous seasonal banners, 3 have had an even Awakening/Fates split, 2 have been all one of the two, and 1 has been four separate games.

In any case, we don't actually know for certain that we'll be getting both Robin and Tharja: their plans may have changed in the past year. Even if we do get both of them, it's not certain that they'll both be on the banner as opposed to being released other ways. A TT is expected later this month, and possibly a GHB as well.

8 minutes ago, Othin said:

Of the 6 previous seasonal banners, 3 have had an even Awakening/Fates split, 2 have been all one of the two, and 1 has been four separate games.

In any case, we don't actually know for certain that we'll be getting both Robin and Tharja: their plans may have changed in the past year. Even if we do get both of them, it's not certain that they'll both be on the banner as opposed to being released other ways. A TT is expected later this month, and possibly a GHB as well.

They’re seasonal units. We always get them through a banner. I guess they could have changed their plans as to who’s on the banner, but since they already had the art I doubt it.

1 minute ago, Jonahtron said:

They’re seasonal units. We always get them through a banner. I guess they could have changed their plans as to who’s on the banner, but since they already had the art I doubt it.

Things have been changing lately, such as the ways Ayra, Rhajat, and Fjorm were added. In addition, the past three TTs have all been associated with the mid-month banner, and this is the first mid-month seasonal banner.

I'm not saying they'll definitely have the TT bonus unit be a special seasonal variation, but I don't think it makes sense to assume it necessarily won't be the case, either.

15 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm not going to have money for a New Years banner if they do one, and the timing of the next Arena bonus hero set perfectly allows Christmas and New Years to be consecutive banners.

That said, New Years would literally be perfect for a Hoshido seasonal banner. I wouldn't mind seeing Nohr in New Years garb, though.

Oh god.  If they do that, I won't know what to do.  IS has already released 5 really good banners already this month, with potentially two upcoming banners with new seasonal units.  The Christmas banner just had to coincide with Tana/Amelia's BHB, didn't it?

11 hours ago, SlipperySlippy said:

...Giving the likes of Cath a mage-killer dagger, putting an armour mage Alvis and a Grimoire-like bow effect on Reina would've been fine, to be honest.

I killed off Cath because she was so annoying; I assumed others did the same, as she's the worst thief in a game that gives you two others earlier in the story.

15 hours ago, Alkaid said:

What do I actually want? Characters I don't like and/or people from games I didn't play, so I can be free to focus on pulling Tharja. My luck sucks so I'll be agonizing over orbs if there's 2+ units I want. Robin's okay but I don't like his art, so I'll probably pass on him. If orbs weren't an issue, maybe Hinoka for more Hoshido rep. Or I'd love another special Cordelia, but seems unlikely they'd have her in one again this year. (no idea how Xander got 2) Same for Christmas Camilla, but if they skipped over her for a summer fanservice alt I'd be surprised to see her now. Beruka/Peri would be my other want, but I don't think they're popular enough to get a special banner spot.

With the seasonal banner trend (as in the actual season/holiday ones) I kind of expect a flier shoved into this too, and I wonder who it could be. Could be something weird like Tharja being a flier healer, or our first flier archer as one of the two unknown units.

We have literally the same taste in waifus.  Here's to Camilla or Cordelia getting a Rockette outfit for Xmas.

2 minutes ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

We have literally the same taste in waifus.  Here's to Camilla or Cordelia getting a Rockette outfit for Xmas.

>Rockette Camilla

Bruh, my orbs hurt just thinking about it.

Watch them destroy us with a New Years Camilla instead, right after Tharja and legendary banner 2 eat all our orbs. Then CYL Camilla and Tharja on the next round of CYL units. My body is ready, but my orbs are not.

I really hope it is Lissa and Chrom. I'd prefer 4 Awakening over 2 Awakening/2 Fates any day. 

I want Lissa to have Bolt Axe. Add the effect that upgraded Dragonstones have, or something similar.

If this banner is 4 Awakening, what are the chances that we get a Hoshidan Winter banner sometime in January? My guess is that they will do something like the Summer banners.

Edited by Lord_Grima

27 minutes ago, Othin said:

Things have been changing lately, such as the ways Ayra, Rhajat, and Fjorm were added. In addition, the past three TTs have all been associated with the mid-month banner, and this is the first mid-month seasonal banner.

I'm not saying they'll definitely have the TT bonus unit be a special seasonal variation, but I don't think it makes sense to assume it necessarily won't be the case, either.

IS started all this 3 person banner shenanigans with the path of radiance banner. Since then, we got the performing arts banner and the trick or defeat banner, both of which were still 4 person banners. So yes, I do think it’s unreasonable to assume we will ever get a seasonal unit off of a banner, especially since the seasonal units exist to make lots of money.

2 minutes ago, Jonahtron said:

IS started all this 3 person banner shenanigans with the path of radiance banner. Since then, we got the performing arts banner and the trick or defeat banner, both of which were still 4 person banners. So yes, I do think it’s unreasonable to assume we will ever get a seasonal unit off of a banner, especially since the seasonal units exist to make lots of money.

Having 4 seasonal characters exclusively on the Christmas banner does not keep them from having the TT unit also be seasonal-themed. For a given TT, knowing that they'll make a new free unit for it, there's nothing stopping them from making that free unit be a seasonal variation rather than a new unit.

9 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

>Rockette Camilla

Bruh, my orbs hurt just thinking about it.

Watch them destroy us with a New Years Camilla instead, right after Tharja and legendary banner 2 eat all our orbs. Then CYL Camilla and Tharja on the next round of CYL units. My body is ready, but my orbs are not.

That would definitely start the new year off with a bang, if you know what I mean.  What's eating at my soul is that, in addition to the aforementioned banners, I want to get Tana as well from the BHB banner.  Decisions, decisions.