Disturbing Content

release_dopamine

Just now, Arthur97 said:

What about Chrom prime?

Parallel future universe.

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

That's...not always a good thing. I get realism, but at the same time, I'd rather my games not make me depressed or outright appalled. 

Oh no doubt. Not to mention that Seliph really wasn't as interesting as his father at all.

And it really sucks how his design made his manga counterpart look like a girl...

4 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

That's...not always a good thing. I get realism, but at the same time, I'd rather my games not make me depressed or outright appalled. 

You know, that had been FE's kinda-tone from the start. The Archanea games before them were also on the darkish-side. Perhaps not as much as Jugdral did, but there was still stuff there.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

You know, that had been FE's kinda-tone from the start. The Archanea games before them were also on the darkish-side. Perhaps not as much as Jugdral did, but there was still stuff there.

Maybe it was dialed back, but SD never seemed that dark to me aside form having to kill off units to get more (seriously, that was stupid). Then again, maybe I was just too bored to notice.

4 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Maybe it was dialed back, but SD never seemed that dark to me aside form having to kill off units to get more (seriously, that was stupid). Then again, maybe I was just too bored to notice.

Well, I know one thing SD dialed back. When you recruit Linde. Knorda had actually been taken over by slavers, so you are in fact saving Linde from such. SD turned them into simple bandits. Even the chapter title was changed (Slave Market of Knorda compared to Knorda Market).

Mystery of the Emblem also has the implications of girls being taken from villages across the continent once they're old enough, by men of the Archaneia Empire (ex. Lang). I'm pretty sure that detail is still there in New Mystery, though.

There's other stuff, but I don't remember them at the moment.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, I know one thing SD dialed back. When you recruit Linde. Knorda had actually been taken over by slavers, so you are in fact saving Linde from such. SD turned them into simple bandits. Even the chapter title was changed (Slave Market of Knorda compared to Knorda Market).

Mystery of the Emblem also has the implications of girls being taken from villages across the continent once they're old enough, by men of the Archaneia Empire (ex. Lang). I'm pretty sure that detail is still there in New Mystery, though.

There's other stuff, but I don't remember them at the moment.

Well, a lot of bandits in the series are implied to dabble in slavery which is still quite dark, just not darker than the rest.

I don't think it's rape (she could've been whipped), but it is a possibility. Kaga is familiar with this implication, as it was used previously with Bramsel vs. Dancer. If it gets an Echoes remake, no doubt it would be changed to torture in the localization since sexual violence will just open a can of worms.

Also, Kaga had also used something similar in TRS. One girl named Plum gets kidnapped for a couple of chapters after she gets roofied at an inn. She's then forced to dance for slavers who may or may not have raped her as well. The game makes you feel horrible for letting this happen, but at least you get a dancer out of it. A couple of other characters may also get kidnapped, but Plum's case is by far the worst.

Edited by Dandy Druid
adding more info

12 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Well, a lot of bandits in the series are implied to dabble in slavery which is still quite dark, just not darker than the rest.

Well, back then, it wasn't implied. It was outright stated. And there's similaries to be found with the Grandbell and Archaneian Empires. Heck, Sigurd is basically what happens if Marth had failed during Mystery of the Emblem. Both Book 2 and Gen 1 start more or less the same.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

This thread was way darker then I expected, but contributing to the thread

Orson's love with his deceased yet necromanced wife. Just weird as he is implied to bang a rotting corpse, plus the fact it speaks and only says "Darling" makes it even more weird, I'm honestly thankful it never had a sprite

3 hours ago, LucarioGamer812 said:

This thread was way darker then I expected, but contributing to the thread

Orson's love with his deceased yet necromanced wife. Just weird as he is implied to bang a rotting corpse, plus the fact it speaks and only says "Darling" makes it even more weird, I'm honestly thankful it never had a sprite

I doubt it was rotting, emperor vigarde was still able to interact with the six garado generals even though he was the same.

I quite like that detail to show how much the death of his wife had truly broken him, not only was he willing to sell out his liege but he also was so diluted to believe that thing was actually his wife, I love dark fire emblem way better than quirky fire emblem even if it has no meaning it still feels like it does.

33 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

I doubt it was rotting, emperor vigarde was still able to interact with the six garado generals even though he was the same.

I quite like that detail to show how much the death of his wife had truly broken him, not only was he willing to sell out his liege but he also was so diluted to believe that thing was actually his wife, I love dark fire emblem way better than quirky fire emblem even if it has no meaning it still feels like it does.

Well I assumed rotting, as other zombies we've seen are rotting. Plus Eirika and Ephraim are absolutely disgusted by it. Plus A reason just popped into my head about the corpses, Vigarde was probably held together by Lyon's magic while Orson's wife could have been through Riev's magic. It does explain how Vigarde could do multiple actions while the other could only say 1 word. The magic difference could mean that. Just a theory.

16 minutes ago, LucarioGamer812 said:

Well I assumed rotting, as other zombies we've seen are rotting. Plus Eirika and Ephraim are absolutely disgusted by it. Plus A reason just popped into my head about the corpses, Vigarde was probably held together by Lyon's magic while Orson's wife could have been through Riev's magic. It does explain how Vigarde could do multiple actions while the other could only say 1 word. The magic difference could mean that. Just a theory.

I recall orson's wife having died a year prior which means that her body would have been unrecognisable because of the decay, I theorize that the magic that lyon used was able to restore the body to be in the condition they were in before they had died leaving the empty shell stable enough to be believable as human, but without a soul(as the original had already moved on), so the difference in coherence was that the AI in orson's wife's body was less sophisticated, likely to just affectionately interact with whomever it sees by referring to them as darling, I imagine that creating the body was easy but programing it to act was the hard part, lyon had months to mess about with vigarde,  he likely had orson's wife ready in a few days. 

I  don't recall reiv having any powers relating to necromancy, and even then reiv was a priest and summoning and necromancy were both in magvel closely related to dark magic. 

6 hours ago, Dandy Druid said:

I don't think it's rape (she could've been whipped), but it is a possibility. Kaga is familiar with this implication, as it was used previously with Bramsel vs. Dancer. If it gets an Echoes remake, no doubt it would be changed to torture in the localization since sexual violence will just open a can of worms.

Also, Kaga had also used something similar in TRS. One girl named Plum gets kidnapped for a couple of chapters after she gets roofied at an inn. She's then forced to dance for slavers who may or may not have raped her as well. The game makes you feel horrible for letting this happen, but at least you get a dancer out of it. A couple of other characters may also get kidnapped, but Plum's case is by far the worst.

Doesn't her owner get really upset at the implication that she's used as a sex slave? Seems like he was just having her dance.

6 hours ago, LucarioGamer812 said:

For reals, that was messed up O_O

My contribution: Path of Radiance's Twisted Tower.

1 hour ago, Slumber said:

Doesn't her owner get really upset at the implication that she's used as a sex slave? Seems like he was just having her dance.

Did he? It's been a while so I'll probably need to refresh myself on the event (no pun intended). You're probably right though, but I'll just play devil's advocate real quick.

Anyways, it can be a sort of defense thing because he's trying to APPEAR to be respectable, but he's really not. Because he would say this line in front of Holmes are that other guy. Clientele would not like to hear that the performers are sexually abused; it'd be bad for business. Also, doesn't he imply that he's willing to pimp her out for a generous payment? Lastly, why would he need to kidnap girls just to dance? It wouldn't be hard to find girls who would like to dance, but it would be hard to find girls willing to prostitute themselves (literally no one).

13 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Bandits generally make some remark about wanting to sell off your female party members and the implication is that rape will probably follow. That's generally not a problem because if you're a bandit in a Fire emblem chapter you're not gonna survive that chapter.

Unless you're Hans and you survive through most of the campaign for some reason.

this kind of thing is one of the things i like about the stories in the jugdral games. they actually had the balls to put in things that are more disturbing or harsh truths. they weren't afraid of delving into darker subject matter like so many other games have. also since when has rape been more disturbing than torture?

9 minutes ago, edgelordweeaboo said:

this kind of thing is one of the things i like about the stories in the jugdral games. they actually had the balls to put in things that are more disturbing or harsh truths. they weren't afraid of delving into darker subject matter like so many other games have. also since when has rape been more disturbing than torture?

Rape has been seen as worse than physical torture for quite some time. 

Rape's seen as a deeper violation, while torture, still capable of causing terrible things like PTSD, is more seen as a skin-deep violation. 

We connect sex with deep emotional connections, so having sex forced on you against your will is generally seen as immensely emotionally/psychologically damaging, which we see as more harmful and harder to recover from than physical scars. 

And this is especially true in a franchise that builds itself on getting you to care about its characters. So seeing the Bramsel scenes generally carry way more impact than any scenes of torture. 

Edited by Slumber

1 minute ago, Slumber said:

Rape has been seen as worse than torture for quite some time. 

Rape's seen as a deeper violation, while torture, still capable of causing terrible things like PTSD, is more seen as a skin-deep violation. 

We connect sex with deep emotional connections, so having sex forced on you against your will is generally seen as immensely emotionally/psychologically damaging, which we see as more harmful and harder to recover from than physical scars. 

And this is especially true in a franchise that builds itself on getting you to care about its characters. So seeing the Bramsel scenes generally carry way more impact than any scenes of torture. 

i never knew that was actually the general consensus on what was worse. for me it would just depend on what kind of torture for this. no point in arguing about it because both are so horrible and cruel

7 minutes ago, edgelordweeaboo said:

i never knew that was actually the general consensus on what was worse. for me it would just depend on what kind of torture for this. no point in arguing about it because both are so horrible and cruel

Yeah, both are bad. 

But look at how shows like 24 or movies like the Daniel Craig James Bond films portray torture. The hero overcomes it because he's strong, and we know he'll get out of it and kill everyone torturing him. Villains getting tortured mostly just seem annoyed until the tortures get what they want, or they're defiant towards the end. 

Then compare American History X. Our big tough, neo-Nazi protagonist gets raped, and he doesn't flex his way through it.  It causes him to break down, cry, and denounce neo-Nazism, which was basically unthinkable. 

Edited by Slumber