Would you like to see the Twelve Deadlords again?

I always liked the concept behind the Twelve Deadlords as powerful final enemies who are masters of certain weapons.  I even came up with my own Deadlord set using Fates's classes that would ideally be a group of Anankos's strongest soldiers.

So would you like to see another iteration of them?  And if so, what classes would they assume?

3 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

What game are these deadlords in? I don't remember them.

Genealogy of the Holy War, Thracia 776 (albeit only 6 out of 12 present), and Awakening.  You may also know them as the Twelve Demon Generals.

The Morphs of fallen enemies like Brendan, Lloyd, Linus, etc. in the final chapter of Blazing Blade are also reminiscent of the Deadlords, even though they aren't Deadlords themselves.

Edited by Von Ithipathachai

They could come back, but a lot of conditions must be met. I understand that they were originally made (or used) by the Loptyrians of Jugdral, before being used as Risen by the Grimleal. So, the only way they could return is if this game takes place in Archanea/Yllise, and the main villains dabble in necromancy.

I suppose, why not include them again?

@Rex Glacies They could also create new deadlords quite easily. They don't have to be revived from the dead, maybe they're generals who made a pact with a dark god or demons or something.

Edited by Dragoncat

1 minute ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Genealogy of the Holy War, Thracia 776 (albeit only 6 out of 12 present), and Awakening.  You may also know them as the Twelve Demon Generals.

The Morphs in the final chapter of Blazing Blade are also reminiscent of the Deadlords, even though they aren't Deadlords themselves.

With that said, I'm not convinced they'll become a recurring theme. Until Awakening, they had not been seen or heard from in years, and they did not return for Fates. I would personally be fine with seeing them again though.

2 minutes ago, UNLEASH IT said:

I never really liked boss rushes

I mean, it's hard to call it a "Boss rush". They aren't mechanically different than any other enemies you fight. They're just much, much stronger than the average enemy you fight, and there's some story context to them.

19 minutes ago, Dandy Druid said:

Maybe if they're explained better. In Genealogy, they just came out of nowhere all of a sudden.

it seems that's just how they are, in awakening they are mentioned in passing and then you fight them, no build up and almost no introduction.

then they are thrown into the dlc in an equally out of place manner.

No

I feel like dead lords are symptomatic of a way that the Endgame maps become less strategic (than the other lategame maps) in most Fire Emblem games - The chamber thing and their stats are entertaining- but kind of allow you total freedom to decide which units are used in the engagement (FE5 and FE7) due to how narrow the environment is, and the way that the deadlords are prevented from fighting with each other/overlapping ranges. . 

1 hour ago, thecrimsonflash said:

it seems that's just how they are, in awakening they are mentioned in passing and then you fight them, no build up and almost no introduction.

If only they were in the Future Past DLC, but actually the Shepherds. Seems like something Grima would do.

2 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

If only they were in the Future Past DLC, but actually the Shepherds. Seems like something Grima would do.

but then they wouldn't be the twelve deadlords, Deadlord isn't an honorific it is a set of specific individuals.

Deadlords, hmph. Sounds like another gang of edge-lords. 

Oh, those deadlords. That would be kind of weird if they were a trend. Even weirder in Awakening. Are they trying to tell us that the Grimleal are the thousands of years later successor to the Loptyrian cult? No? Then quit complicating the lore, please.

I liked the Grado Generals. Introduce some ranking officers early in the game so we'll care more when we have to fight them. Give us some scenes of their perspective on the war. They did this with plenty with Berkut and Fernand in Echoes, and I think the game was stronger for it. You still want to hate these guys, but you get a window into why they're such bad people.

I had to look them up because I don't remember anything about them in Awakening (haven't played the Jugdral games), and with good reasoning. It seems like they weren't given any introduction or anything to who they are. The only way to really know would be to have prior knowledge of the Jugdral games leaving them as nothing more then another homage IS put in because they thought Awakening would be the last game. I don't see any reason to put them in the new Switch game unless they are actually going to make them seem like the badass bad guys they are supposed to be apparently.

6 hours ago, thecrimsonflash said:

You would think, since they have a title and all, there would be some sort of buildup to their fight but nope.

The Deadlords' map in Awakening was loaded with conversations indicating that they were Risen versions of Chrom's army in the doomed timeline the children hailed from. Them being called "Deadlords" was just a nod to the original set, and it was just a fun, challenging DLC map.

I'm just fine with the concept returning, but I'm not sure whether I'd prefer them be actual villainous characters or a special hard mode map again, since being full on villains would require them be a major part of the storyline.

• 3 weeks later...

I'll say we don't need Deadlords, loosely reusing the title I'd be okay with though.

And of course I'm all for notable enemy commanders that are fleshed out. And special elite units- provided they're handled well (as in they're never quite a joke in gameplay and make at least two appearances in the plot- one pre-final fight and the fight itself). Or even something not small and exclusive like the Begnion Central Army, just having names to the enemy units you're fighting with a bit of detail behind them would be nice. 

The Deadlords were handled poorly in Awakening, they're a filler fight before the Validar battle where literally it's just them and Aversa. Most pack some legendary weapon as a drop, which is nice and makes them something of a threat. I get they were trying for a quality vs. quantity battle here, but quantity was simply too low. I forget if the west and east Deadlords even move unaggro'ed, since if they don't you only need to fight a pathetic four enemies before going for the quick Aversa kill. 

The DLC handled them better, but still didn't do them right. And rather than treat them wholly seriously as tragically fallen warriors, in the DLC the latter half of the opening jokes about them.

On this note, I remember the Anima using Deadlords have minor Holy Blood in Genealogy. The only reason they did this probably is because no normal class has A in any magic type without Holy Blood and they wanted to toss the trio Bolganone/Thoron/Tornado. It wouldn't have been terrible though if all the Deadlords had some Holy Blood- make it an attempt by the Loptyr Cult to subvert Holy Blood for their ends. An idea first developed before they had Dozel/Freege/Arvis/Shagal as puppets.