Favorite Awakening Finishers

Arthur97

So, since nothing's going on for the next week or so, thought I'd pose the question of which Awakening finisher people liked best. They are typically the most flashy move in a character's moveset and can show off some of their abilities not used in most of their moveset (i.e. trees for Leo). Also, every character (with the potential exception of the twins, I can't remember) has a different one.

Personally, I really like Frederick's since he uses the entire weapon triangle, I'm pretty sure he's using Mercius and maybe even Gradivus (I can never get a good look), and it has his best quote.

These are the ones that play out when you press the button, right (or do these trigger once Awakening runs out as well, unlike in HW, where once Focus Spirit ran out, youre character unleashed an energy burst)?

Anyways, I can't decide due to not having the game.

I personally don't use awakening mode that much because I dislike how the game forces the finisher when it wears off but the ones I liked are Anna's ballista attack, Chrom's spear throwing move and I like how Takumi's finisher is a reference to his boss status at the end of Conquest.

48 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

These are the ones that play out when you press the button, right (or do these trigger once Awakening runs out as well, unlike in HW, where once Focus Spirit ran out, youre character unleashed an energy burst)?

They trigger both ways, thankfully - it always drove me nuts when Focus Spirit ran out and I wouldn't get the guaranteed weak point gauge. As a downside, though, it doesn't trigger the weak point gauge both ways as well.

As for me, I think I'd go with Takumi as well, though I wish we had the Skadi as an alternate weapon for him. I would actually say Corrin because it calls to mind probably the only really emotionally moving moment in the whole game, but the animation for it looks jarred on the N3DS version - maybe if it's smoother in the Switch version I'd switch to Corrin as fav.

Oh yeah, I forgot about Takumi's. I don't use the thing that much and I also don't use Fates characters as much, but I'm using them more lately. His is both highly effective and pretty neat even if it doesn't make sense seeing as he isn't brainwashed. 

Takumi's is amazing. But I wish they used a voice morpher, because while he is possessed, he doesn't sound like it like he was in Fates. I do like Corrin's. But I have to go with Sakura's, just because she summons a squad of archers to shoot you down. It's brutal. lol

Edited by Legend_of_Zelia

I've really only seen Frederick's (I wonder why... lol), but I agree that it having him use the whole weapon triangle since that's what he's known for is awesome and of course, PICK A GOD AND PRAY!

There's a reason I've always loved him. <3

Robin for me. The way he kneels down as a dark energy begins to rise from the ground below his enemies, it seems almost like he's drawing power from Grima, but then having the orb of light form before he destroys it kind of shows how he also fights Grima's influence at the same time.

Well, I've got to go with Lyn's callback to her Sol Katti crit (or is it her normal Blade Lord crit? Maybe it's a mix of both...)

Here's hoping Owain gets an epic Awakening finisher while calling some more FE title attacks like "SACRED STONES!!"

On 12/13/2017 at 10:44 PM, Anacybele said:

I've really only seen Frederick's (I wonder why... lol), but I agree that it having him use the whole weapon triangle since that's what he's known for is awesome and of course, PICK A GOD AND PRAY!

There's a reason I've always loved him. <3

I agree with fredericks. Funny story. My dad was watching me play when Frederick screamed that. My dad laughs and bellows "IN THE NAME OF CROM!" I lost it. He didn't know who Chrom was until i explained it to him.... I guess he was just trying to make a Conan the Barbarian reference...

-

As for everyone else....

I liked Takumi's in reference to his Conquest fight... I also liked Marth's "It ends here!.... With this sword!" line.... I don't remember many others.

41 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

I agree with fredericks. Funny story. My dad was watching me play when Frederick screamed that. My dad laughs and bellows "IN THE NAME OF CROM!" I lost it. He didn't know who Chrom was until i explained it to him.... I guess he was just trying to make a Conan the Barbarian reference...

LOL that's pretty crazy. XD

On December 14, 2017 at 3:39 PM, Baron the Shining Blade said:

Here's hoping Owain gets an epic Awakening finisher while calling some more FE title attacks like "SACRED STONES!!"

I mean, they all have two or three lines that can be chosen from for both Awakening Finisher and Musou Attack, so there's no reason for them all NOT to be other FE names. Then again, there was no reason for him NOT to be playable in the base game, so…we'll have to wait and see.

Edited by SoulWeaver

1 hour ago, SoulWeaver said:

I mean, they all have two or three lines that can be chosen from for both Awakening Finisher and Musou Attack, so there's no reason for them all NOT to be other FE names. Then again, there was no reason for him NOT to be playable in the base game, so…we'll have to wait and see.

There's a good reason. At least to some.

It's called "freeing up resources for Celica, Lyn and Anna".