Bound Hero Battle: Distant Blade (Tana & Amelia)

SatsumaFSoysoy

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Takumi fell off the face of the earth for a while; nice to have a map where he's good again(...dat vantage + close counter enemy phase vs. fliers).Had a fairly easy time clearing Infernal with Black Knight / P! Azura / Reinhardt / Pinapple Head. Takumi more-or-less solos Tana's entire squad while the rest of the team handles Amelia. Fun map.

Edited by Shoblongoo

Got infernal done with a flier emblem team like so many of y'all, mine being Elincia, Tana, Nowi, and Cherche (technically Minerva is my green on that team, but Cherche was better built for this). The reinforcement red flier with guidance was the bane of my existence; I had to prioritize offing her before she warped an armor or the red mage to a position where they could murder nowi (in the armor's case) or Cherche (in the mage's case). Once that one was out of the way it was just a matter of chipping away at the rest. 

This is stupidly hard. Seriously. I can't do Lunatic because I have no good flyers emblem nor horse emblem like others. And I don't have the time to XP anyone like that. I'm seriously mad.

That was hard.

Shamelessly copied a strategy on Youtube to manage beating Infernal with Reinhardt, Masked Marth, Julia & Olivia, tweeking the setup with different seals to make it work for my slightly different team.

Edited by Vince777

This map was surprisingly hard and I ran through multiple teams before settling on armor emblem. I finally beat it by having gwendolyn eliminate all the fliers while Black Knight and H!Henry faced the other armors with hector just being a buffbot. Also it's evil that amelia's side is filled with armors with warding stance and wary fighter.

ピエリのおもちゃなの!

I finished this run before leaving for work, but didn't have time to upload it.

+0 Olivia [+Spd, -Res] (Dance, Wings of Mercy 3, Hone Atk 3, Close Def 3)
+10 Ninian [+Spd, -Res] (Dance, Triangle Adept 3, Wings of Mercy 3, Hone Spd 3)
+0 Performing Arts Azura [+Spd, -Def] (Sing, Triangle Adept 3, Wings of Mercy 2, Drive Res 2)
+10 Peri [+Atk, -Res] (Firesweep Lance+, Reposition, Dragon Fang, Life and Death 3, Drag Back, Threaten Def 3, Squad Ace D 1)

Olivia needed Close Def (or Distant Def) to survive taking a hit from the green armor and red mage after being hit by the red mage's Res Ploy. Peri needed Speed +1 to double attack the pegasus knights.

Dragon Fang is new to my Peri's kit and lets her break through stupid bulky green units, running off of her buffed 64 Atk. It also had the correct activation timing for literally everything. Drag Back was used extensively for positioning to keep Peri in range of my dancers before Wings of Mercy came up and to keep my dancers out of attack range.

As usual, the imgur gallery with play-by-play annotations: https://imgur.com/a/0Z6e2.

Yay, an actual challenge!

...I actually managed to lose on Hard, which was embarrassing. Then I resorted to broken Dancer/Reinhardt cheese to kill Lunatic and Infernal. I expected to have to pull out Lyn, but didn't, in the end.

Guidance and Flier Formation are a pain. :-/

Wow, I think this has been the most difficult so far for me. Did hard with Horse Emblem (Xander, Camus, Elise, BH!Lyn), lunatic with Armor Emblem (BK, H!Henry, H!Jakob and a random Heavy Spear 4* Effie) and Infernal with Flier Emblem (my Arena Core Palla/Michalis/Hinoka + Elincia). It took me 26 turns, as I was most time in the water spots and just separing armor enemies and killing them while they were alone. One time I lost due to the Fortress Def armor having Ignis charged and all my units with low HP -.-

I did it!

Twitters video time limit is annoying. 

I’d also like to mention that for my non-Soren solo clear mvp was Close Counter Leon who sat on that far right defense tile and punched all of the flyers right in the face. What a great guy. 

Edited by DarkLordIvy

beat this one on infernal with

young tiki(lightning breath++ def boost, draw back(unused), aether, steady breath, quick riposte , threaten atk , distant def)

ninian(Lightning Breath++ atk boost, Dance, Dragon Fang, Triangle Adept, Fortify Dragons(unused), panic ploy 2(unused)) 

amelia (slaying axe++ spd boost, Pivot, Bonfire, Fury , Renewal , Armor March, deflect magic(unused))

genny(Gravity+, Physic+, atk +3, Wrathful Staff, Fortify Res, Atk ploy 1(most of these are unused))

amelia took all the fliers and tiki took all the armors, ninian was used primarily for positioning and to boost healing, genny was used to prevent amelia from going down too easily, amelia and tiki were also rarely moved beyond their defence tiles.

Cleared em all, no stamina potions.

Hard & Lunatic: Matthew/Inigo/Ayra/Genny.

Matt pretty much walled the entire army of armors + the mages while on the defense tile and Ayra tanked the fliers on the right with occasional potshots and healing support from Genny and dance support by Inigo. Wary Fighter was annoying but Matt's debuffs + bonfire led him to effectively chip away and kill the entire army of armors except for one pesky sword armor that Genny had to kill.

Infernal: Reinhardt/Bridelia/Olivia/Ninian.

If Matt had been +ATK he would have been able to score some crucial kills and a clear might have been possible, but with 37 base ATK it took him too long to kill things and the enemies piled up and eventually overwhelmed the team, so I had to go with a standard meta team. Still even they couldn't OHKO most things and Ninian and Olivia had to take a hit or two. Some careful positioning and WoM teleporting let them snipe away at the armors and keep them separate until carefully securing the KO on the last armor: Amelia herself. Fitting I think.

I'm just so happy SS is the first game to get two BHBs. Hopefully this means we'll get more SS love in the future and my crack theory of a Lyon GHB will come to pass!

As for this map, the starting area is awfully cramped, but I eventually pulled it off with LynHardt and two dancers (my goodness does that make me sad). It was morbidly hilarious when I boxed myself into the right corner of the map when I was using full Horse Emblem, I can tell you that.