Bound Hero Battle: Distant Blade (Tana & Amelia)

SatsumaFSoysoy

Wow I've been approaching this all wrong staying trapped in that top corner, I could just go straight down and kill Amelia. I guess after the Amelia from the dev maps I've been subconsciously avoiding her.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cleared Infernal on the first try, going in blind, with A!Tiki, Reinhardt, PA!Azura, and Cherche. I parked Tiki on a defense tile, whereupon she commenced the eating of all the land-based mammals on the bottom/left part of the screen. Reinhardt, Azura, and Cherche dealt with the flying creatures. Reinhardt was actually pretty sub-optimal there, a hard-hitting flyer like Est would've been better, but it didn't really matter.

Rein pretends he's +0 by dropping db3 for atk3. TA Ryoma is my G/BHB MVP. Axebreaker was pretty unnecessary on Ryoma in all honesty, I think it only saved a turn rather than really done anything substantial but I had it on him from just trying so spend SP and it was the best B skill he has for this map.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Had to rely on Flier Emblem to clear this one. Flying Mages can actually make this map somewhat easy, but it takes forever. Seriously, it took 49 turns to clear Infernal. S!Corrin pretty much solo the armors, while Elincia, Minerva and Michalis dealt with the fliers.

Did it with horse emblem of Xander, Brave Lyn, Reinhardt and Cecilia (4 star blade set)

yeah i know but it was actually a challenge because of the trees and I needed the right positioning assists. I had to switch Cecilia's Reposition to Draw Back just so Tana moves right instead of left.

anyway first turn Reinhardt moves to left fort, next to Xander. The ranged ladies to the right of Xander with one of them destroying the wall. 

Reinhardt defeats red armour then Xander uses Swap to deal with green mage using Quick Riposte and the fort tile. Cecilia uses Draw Back.

After that it's just me using trial and error to respond to situations, like using Brave Lyn to quickly delete fliers. Fully buffed 4 star +Atk Cecilia oneshots Infernal Tana exactly.

i just have to be wary of the red guidance flier. 

Shout out to Fury 2 Xander who was left standing with 1 HP when only Amelia and the Vengeance Axe Armour was left. Had to soften that armour with Lyn and Cecilia first because of the charged special while Xander facetanked Amelia with 0 damage thanks to Fortify buffs

The Askar-Trio & Fjorm duke it out against Amelia & Tana on Infernal!!!(finally lol)

Spoiler

Hectors, Brave Ikes, Lucinas, Chroms and Leos that were used in the makeing of this video came to no significant harm!!!

Edited by Hilda

Beat Infernal with a team of Nino , Bridal Cordellia, Olivia, and Taitlu. Had to inherit Sword Breaker onto Taitlu for the occasion.

Having no enemy phase is fun

Edited by Reality

14 hours ago, bethany81707 said:

What are your sets? Can I steal this?

A better starting composition to the one I have is to swap Joshua and Nino. The only IV that mattered was Ephiram's +Atk and merged. The only skills that matter were:

Nino(+Spd-Def): Gronnblade+, Res+3, Lance Breaker 1, Hone Atk 3, Res+1 (SS) (This is if you don't have her supported with Ephiram although it was difficult to determine its necessity at one point)

Ephiram(+Atk-Hp): Refined Siedmund*, Rally Def/Res,  Sword Beaker 1*,Atk+2(+3 if not merged)(SS) (if you don't have a +Atk IV then death blow 2 can work and DB3 makes the SS unnecessary)

Joshua: Close Counter 3, Quick Riposte 2, Savage Blow 3, Atk Smoke 1(This helps to keep him in QR2 range)

Inigo(+Res-HP): Gale Dance 3, Hone Atk 3, Fortify Res 2 or Fortify Def 2(SS)

*Either option for a wary fighter Knight

The strategy is to get a defense(neccessay if you don't have QR3) and attack buff on Joshua then dance him into the defensive tile in front of the Red Knight and have Nino on the tile behind him. Next turn attack the knight with Nino then kill with Joshua, dance her onto the tile next to her, have Ephiram break the wall. Next turn have Nino attack the Blue Knight then dance, move Ephiram behind her and rally (this is to make the Green Cav not aggro onto her because after savage blow damage he will die if he attacks her so he won't. If you have +Atk the dual rally shouldn't matter. And if you have LB3 I think you just need a Res buff on her) her and kill him, attack Amelia with Joshua. Next turn attack the Green Knight with Inigo(Nino's hone allows him to exactly kill, and this heals Joshua back into QR2 range and probably 3 if you didn't buff his defense earlier), kill the Green Cav with Joshua, kill Tana with Nino(Savage Blow puts her in range), a Red Knight should have appeared when the Red Flier attacks Joshua he will get savage blown and makes him aggro onto Inigo instead of Joshua this just makes the end game not take too many turns. Next turn kill the Blue Flier with Nino, dance Joshua to attack the Green Flier,  get Ephiram behind Inigo for the last turn and clean up with him. During testing the Wo Dao flier didn't aggro onto my Nino and instead went upwards, so outside of that I tried to explain this to reduce randomness factors.

Edited by LoneStar

Looks like I have to miss out on a bunch of orbs. I can't even complete this on hard. The map is shitty, there are too many enemies, etc. I have no idea what IS was thinking with this. No idea at all. BHBs were hard enough WITHOUT fucking reinforcements.

Edited by Anacybele

41 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Looks like I have to miss out on a bunch of orbs. I can't even complete this on hard. The map is shitty, there are too many enemies, etc. I have no idea what IS was thinking with this. No idea at all. BHBs were hard enough WITHOUT fucking reinforcements.

Go on youtube and look up f2p guides for this map.  There are several people who have done walkthroughs on infernal and lunatic with units everyone has/has a sub for.  That is what I did.  I used Pheonixmaster1's video to beat infernal.  

2 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

Go on youtube and look up f2p guides for this map.  There are several people who have done walkthroughs on infernal and lunatic with units everyone has/has a sub for.  That is what I did.  I used Pheonixmaster1's video to beat infernal.  

No thanks. I personally don't think this BHB is worth my time. And I've tried FTP strats on maps before, and they never worked. My units' IVs and levels would be too different.

Edited by Anacybele

Did it with my Flier Emblem team as well. Had to rely on Valter and Palla to draw out some of the knights since I didn't have mage fliers, but once they weakened them Cherche and Elincia were able to clean them up with Goads.

Edited by Medeus

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

No thanks. I personally don't think this BHB is worth my time. And I've tried FTP strats on maps before, and they never worked. My units' IVs and levels would be too different.

A Pair of Archers and a Pair of units with an Armor Slayer type weapon should pull it off on hard and maybe lunatic. Infernal is a pita though.

On hard it is easy for 4*Oboro(level 38 at the start), 4*Selena, 4* Rebecca, 4* Virion(level 35 at start) to clear it. Rebecca and Virion can easily handle the fliers if you move them to the water side. Sit Virion on the defense tile and Rebecca above him. They one shoot everything. I think Virion would get overrun without a second archer supporting him. But it can be any archer as long as the archer can kill fliers. My Rebecca is merged and has a Silver Bow+, but the damage was so much overkill I don't think the + or the merges made a difference.

The armor side you have to keep that Green mage away from Oboro. However, she can easily handle the armors if she is on a defense tile(I gave her close defense seal just to be safe, but it doesn't look like it is needed for hard). Skill wise these guys are mostly default. Selena and Rebecca are technically merged, but I don't think that made too much of a difference when I look at the math. Selena was mostly there to Reposition Oboro and kill the green cav.

This doesn't work on lunatic. Virion can't one shot the fliers and he just gets mobbed. I would think a default Gordin would be fine, but I don't have one leveled so I can't say for sure. Basically my point is you should be able to get the hard orbs without much time as long as you have something with armor effectiveness. Oboro, Selena, and Fredrick can all pull it off. Though Freddy almost certainly won't manage on anything above hard. The easiest way with Freddy is if you were lucky enough to get a PA!Olivia. Beyond that I am pretty sure he needs to be at 5* with Hammer+. My Attack boon 4* +6 with the non-+ hammer needs Blaze dance or the attack seal to pull it off(he only has his default kit so no A skill or the ilk). Wait. . . I don't remember if my Freddy is atk+ or not. I think he is? Whatever, he needs at least 46 attack. Step 1: get him to the bottom most defense tile to lure out Amelia and have your dancer in range of him. On your turn finish Amelia off and dance Freddy. KILL THE GREEN MAGE. Freddy should counter kill the red and blue armors. Fall back, you need to be in range of a dancer to kill the red mage. From there you can just sit on that bottom most defense tile and wait it out. Or go on the offense. Either works.

So yeah at least collect your two hard orbs, every orb counts after all. Lunatic and Infernal may very well not be worth the effort, but Hard only requires a pair of archers and a armor killer who can take a physical hit or two backed up by a dancer or someone who properly covers them.

Unfortunately the way the AI works a simple stat difference can completely change movement patterns and attack order which can really mess up your day. So this whole thing could be thrown out if your Red Olivia is higher leveled than mine(22) or if the AI reacts differently to 5* Freddy than to 4* merged Freddy.

1 hour ago, Usana said:

A Pair of Archers and a Pair of units with an Armor Slayer type weapon should pull it off on hard and maybe lunatic. Infernal is a pita though.

On hard it is easy for 4*Oboro(level 38 at the start), 4*Selena, 4* Rebecca, 4* Virion(level 35 at start) to clear it. Rebecca and Virion can easily handle the fliers if you move them to the water side. Sit Virion on the defense tile and Rebecca above him. They one shoot everything. I think Virion would get overrun without a second archer supporting him. But it can be any archer as long as the archer can kill fliers. My Rebecca is merged and has a Silver Bow+, but the damage was so much overkill I don't think the + or the merges made a difference.

The armor side you have to keep that Green mage away from Oboro. However, she can easily handle the armors if she is on a defense tile(I gave her close defense seal just to be safe, but it doesn't look like it is needed for hard). Skill wise these guys are mostly default. Selena and Rebecca are technically merged, but I don't think that made too much of a difference when I look at the math. Selena was mostly there to Reposition Oboro and kill the green cav.

This doesn't work on lunatic. Virion can't one shot the fliers and he just gets mobbed. I would think a default Gordin would be fine, but I don't have one leveled so I can't say for sure. Basically my point is you should be able to get the hard orbs without much time as long as you have something with armor effectiveness. Oboro, Selena, and Fredrick can all pull it off. Though Freddy almost certainly won't manage on anything above hard. The easiest way with Freddy is if you were lucky enough to get a PA!Olivia. Beyond that I am pretty sure he needs to be at 5* with Hammer+. My Attack boon 4* +6 with the non-+ hammer needs Blaze dance or the attack seal to pull it off(he only has his default kit so no A skill or the ilk). Wait. . . I don't remember if my Freddy is atk+ or not. I think he is? Whatever, he needs at least 46 attack. Step 1: get him to the bottom most defense tile to lure out Amelia and have your dancer in range of him. On your turn finish Amelia off and dance Freddy. KILL THE GREEN MAGE. Freddy should counter kill the red and blue armors. Fall back, you need to be in range of a dancer to kill the red mage. From there you can just sit on that bottom most defense tile and wait it out. Or go on the offense. Either works.

So yeah at least collect your two hard orbs, every orb counts after all. Lunatic and Infernal may very well not be worth the effort, but Hard only requires a pair of archers and a armor killer who can take a physical hit or two backed up by a dancer or someone who properly covers them.

Unfortunately the way the AI works a simple stat difference can completely change movement patterns and attack order which can really mess up your day. So this whole thing could be thrown out if your Red Olivia is higher leveled than mine(22) or if the AI reacts differently to 5* Freddy than to 4* merged Freddy.

Er, this is my Freddy. :P

k9cCZcq.png

I love him. <3 Big fangirl here! I'd like to think he could do lunatic and infernal with the right allies, but I'm not sure with those dang mages being there.