Bound Hero Battle: Distant Blade (Tana & Amelia)

SatsumaFSoysoy

@Ginko Wow, I wish I had a Micaiah! (108 damage at one point is satisfying to watch!) Wary Fighters armours are annoying to face without a dancer. Summer Gaius is pretty cool as well, and Shiro does some good tanking.

I might try and take  my new Rhompaia Clair along sometime. Might not be as effective because melee, and Clair's low Atk though.

@Rafiel's Aria Again, wow, I wish I had a Micaiah. Lucius being a healer is funny after being used to him being a colorless mage. And again, DC Mia is an unstoppable force!

@mampfoid Nice clear! I expected Refined Fujin Yumi Takumi teleporting shenanigans, but Slaying Bow works, and is pretty unique! Also Armorslayer Roy is pretty cool, it's nice how it was the perfect weapon for the job!

Trying to think up of a Sacred Stones only clear but...I really wish we had Tethys or something so a Sacred Stones Team can have a dancer. Between the bloated Infernal Armor HP stats and my very limited selection of Sacred Stone units (RIP no Tana/Myrrh), this is pretty tricky. Also darn those Wary Fighter armours.

Armour Lunatic was pretty easy though with Halloween Henry, BK, Vector and Armour Boots V!Eliwood. Armours love defense tiles <3

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Rafiel's Aria Yeah, Takumi made it nearly a F2P clear (^^ lol). Armorslayer+ on Roy was a lucky coincidence too. 

I thought your Micaiah would kill 80% of the map, but Mia and Raven did a lot of work too. Fury on Raven worked out well, since he had to tank the Sword Flier. Mia didn't even need the Aether healing to tank both the Knight and the mage. Surprisingly tanky your team, congratulations! 

@LordFrigid Haha, your Caeda is really indestructible and Tana kills herself. Nice one too, congratulations! 

I'm currently preparing a post for the project threat, listing all my one turn clears and GF units. Or do you think it's worth to start an own topic, something like the OTC compendium? 

@mcsilas Thanks! I kept the investment on Takumi low. 200 dew for the refinement would have been exaggerated while I had spare Leons and Peris. 

Sacred Stones? Hmm, no Myrrh? Do you have Innes and Valter? Apart from missing a dancer, SS' feh cast misses also an healer. 

5 hours ago, mampfoid said:

/Edit: Funny. Like you, I also used Micaiah, Shiro and PA!Azura to solve the missions with Anna and Alfonse. Armor mission was done by BK, Hector, Grima & Tharja. 

I use Paralogue 10-3  map for those mission. It's a lot easier. My Trio are still at 3 stars. Not gonna waste any more feathers on them.

For armor clear, I used Halloween Henry, LA! Lyn, Vector and BurgerKing. Halloween Henry got Close Counter from that free Takumi. Need one more for Lyn.

@mcsilas Yeah, Shiro love that DEF-tile so much. You can put your Shiro there and laugh at all fliers coming to him. Instead of using Micaiah, you can try any red mage to handle green armors for Clair. I think Clair can one round red without a problem, proc Glacies on blue armor might be safer.

Edited by Ginko

@mampfoid No way. That was so cool! I was honestly thinking about how you would be able to solve this map seeing as the units are so far away and spread out not to mention the starting positions are pretty inconvenient too. I was initially surprised that Cordelia was the one to reposition and do nothing else instead of Takumi but it all became clear once I saw Roy reach the other end of the map.

@Rafiel's Aria Lucius being used as more of a supportive unit this time is a bit strange coming from you. Raven can actually take a hit. Never noticed his def was 27 even with Basilikos. Mia and Micaiah just wreck all the armors.

@mcsilas Well if all you're are missing is Tana and Myrrh that means you still have both Ephraims and Eirikas, L'Arachel, Innes, and Amelia. Hardly the worst units to be stuck with. Wish you luck on your clear.

@Zeo

I like how so far, everyone's clears have been relatively short and here I am with 7 minutes of a video.

I decided to throw the team I'm planning to use for the upcoming Tempest. Better results than expected. This was fairly easy. Other than shuffling around some seals, the only thing I needed that my team didn't already have was seal spd on Jakob. Miracle on Ninian was simply there because I didn't have moonbow/luna fodder but it's already showing its worth over them. Strategy was fairly straightforward. Leave Marisa and Boey in the frontlines to soak up hits, debuff with Jakob, provide maximum support with Ninian, and back off as needed. The end of this was different than the how I first cleared it. The armor never managed to get on a defensive tile and therefore went down considerably faster. Not sure what went differently but oh well.

Music this time around was "Varia 10 Years Later," "Ruby Mix (BBTAG Special)," and "Scraper Sky High"

48 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

@mampfoid Wow, nice to see my boi Takumi used. And Armorslayer Roy was unexpected.

Now that Takumi got WoM inherited, he'll remain an option for future clears!

25 minutes ago, Ginko said:

I use Paralogue 10-3  map for those mission. It's a lot easier. My Trio are still at 3 stars. Not gonna waste any more feathers on them.

The missions were a fun exercise, actually I even tried my new horse emblem here and on Legions map just for fun. 

My trio got the 5* promotion long time ago, it's good to have backup bonus units for arena. Anna is actually a fun to use unit (beat Escape Route + Desperation + Brash Assault (or Quickened Pulse)). 

Nice armors, never got Henry, Lyn and Vector myself. 

14 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

No way. That was so cool! I was honestly thinking about how you would be able to solve this map seeing as the units are so far away and spread out not to mention the starting positions are pretty inconvenient too. I was initially surprised that Cordelia was the one to reposition and do nothing else instead of Takumi but it all became clear once I saw Roy reach the other end of the map.

@Rafiel's Aria

Haha, thanks! Glad you liked it! 

Cordelia was crucial to provide Roy and Takumi with ATK tactic. 

14 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Zeo

I like how so far, everyone's clears have been relatively short and here I am with 7 minutes of a video

It's worth the 7 minutes though, I just love how you bring units like Jakob, Boey and Marissa and make this stuff look easy!

I didn't remember Marissa so tanky, but she holds the line like a champ. Good use of CC, Boey for sure is a good candidate for it. 

Also my first time I see Ninian in action, now I'm tempted to make 1-2 pulls for her ... but I have been too lucky with her banner so far. 

Congratulations! 

Bless the defensive tiles on this map. For the armor quest Sheena, Hector, V!Lyn, and Black Knight got the the job done surprisingly easy. Sheena is the most wonderful tank to ever tank, and I'm dying for a spare Hector to give her distant counter (or two so I can give one to Mathilda too). 

For the other two I left it to my new and improved flier team minus Elincia (with Al and Anna taking her spot), so Airzura, F!Grima, and Ninian (bladetome, without dance). F!Grima did most of the work with some help from the defensive tiles. I do want to try infernal again with my new flier team even if Ninian's not fully built yet.

Smooth sailing for me on the quests my +2BK with the QR3 ss was MVP for both teams since he tanked everything for the Anna and Alphonse quests (I used a guide because I am lazy) and did some tanking in the armor emblem quest as well.  My teams were BK, Wrys, 5*Alphonse and 5*Anna and Armor emblem was H!Henry, H!Jakob, BK and Amelia.

@NegativeExponents- A+++++++++ for both Marisa (who deserves more love because she is amazing) and the RWBY mix! It's also nice to see other lesser used characters like Jakob or Boey put to good use. 

@Ginko Wow, that 0 damage from the emerald axe user though...your Shiro is awesome!

@mampfoid Your 1-turn clears are always impressive!

Re-clearing infernal with flier emblem was a cakewalk (I forgot that Airzura wasn't out the first time around), but all these Micaiahs and Marisas made me want to figure this out with my main team (Celica, Micaiah, Cherche, and Marisa) which resulted in this:

I definitely beat it slightly differently the first time I did it (because I distinctly remember Celica being the one to kill the Sapphire Lance flier not Cherche), but this worked out fine. 

51 minutes ago, kirauza343 said:

@Ginko Wow, that 0 damage from the emerald axe user though...your Shiro is awesome!

Thank you, actually he can survive emerald axe without DEF-tile but not exactly 0 damage for sure. I won't risk it on arena too. Because axe users in arena are more scary than these GHB.

Edited by Ginko

48 minutes ago, kirauza343 said:

Your 1-turn clears are always impressive!

Hey, thanks! If you like I could tag you next time. 

I like your team, more Marissa is always appreciated. That 0:0 against Amelia though. I'm tempted to merge my Celicas now, but I'm packed with great red mages currently. (The brides banner gave me Tharja and Eirika not long ago)

When Cherche attacked for the first time, I thought "why didn't Galeforce proc?". Lol, that happens when you get too used to your own skill sets. 

Congratulations! 

3 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

@mampfoidAnother good one! Nice Takumi strategy there, I wouldn't have expected that one.

Thanks!

I'm glad I can integrate some new units from time to time. Since Takumi got WoM for this, it won't be the last time for him probably. 

@mampfoid Really nice! It was awesome to see Takumi kill OHKO Tana and counterkill the red flier. It was a nice touch to give Roy an Armorslayer to take care of Amelia and the bulky red armor.

---

For me, I cleared the quests pretty quickly so the orbs didn't took long. I'm trying to figure how to solo the map with Eirika but it seems I'll need an Armorsmasher for this. I'll farm feathers to promote a Hana to fodder but it's likely that I won't have the clear until Saturday at the earliest.

2 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Man, CC Halloween Jakob is just cheating on this map. The entire right side becomes irrelevant.

Valentine Hector also wreaks Tana's flier squad.  That defensive tile is pure gold for him

Edited by SuperTroll Maxim Lapierre

@mampfoid @Zeo @SatsumaFSoysoy

Y'know, after seeing all the Micaiah love that's going around I decided to give her the spotlight this time (I found a way to make a true solo by unequipping Siegbert's weapon to make him a meatshield but it takes too long to kill the Axe Flier and that's not fun to watch).

@Alexmender Thanks! Sorry to hear that your Eirika clear didn't work out as planned. Also Micaiah is enjoyable to watch though, congrats! 

That green Cav was killed with 100% of its HP, otherwise Micaiah wouldn't have been able to keep Swordbreaker active. 

Perhaps the true solo would have been faster with cancel affinity instead of Swordbreaker? 

3 hours ago, Alexmender said:

Y'know, after seeing all the Micaiah love that's going around I decided to give her the spotlight this time (I found a way to make a true solo by unequipping Siegbert's weapon to make him a meatshield but it takes too long to kill the Axe Flier and that's not fun to watch).

What happened to Eirika's hair?

22 hours ago, mcsilas said:

@Rafiel's AriaAgain, wow, I wish I had a Micaiah. Lucius being a healer is funny after being used to him being a colorless mage. And again, DC Mia is an unstoppable force!

Sometimes I forget that Lucius is a healer. I'm in the Arena, panicking because like "so and so needs just a few more HP to tank that Vantage hit." Derp. If only I were more attentive. 

21 hours ago, mampfoid said:

@Rafiel's Aria Yeah, Takumi made it nearly a F2P clear (^^ lol). Armorslayer+ on Roy was a lucky coincidence too. 

I thought your Micaiah would kill 80% of the map, but Mia and Raven did a lot of work too. Fury on Raven worked out well, since he had to tank the Sword Flier. Mia didn't even need the Aether healing to tank both the Knight and the mage. Surprisingly tanky your team, congratulations! 

Mia surprises me. Her +DEF comes in handy more often than not. She's probably my all time favorite lady character....well maybe tied for first at least. And she gets the job done! My team likes to pretend it's tanky. But it's really just a lie. Raven was upset that I beat up Lucius so badly last time. He's probably going to have another stern talk with me now that I've thoroughly roughed him up.

20 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

@Rafiel's Aria Lucius being used as more of a supportive unit this time is a bit strange coming from you. Raven can actually take a hit. Never noticed his def was 27 even with Basilikos. Mia and Micaiah just wreck all the armors.

I decided to throw the team I'm planning to use for the upcoming Tempest. Better results than expected. This was fairly easy. Other than shuffling around some seals, the only thing I needed that my team didn't already have was seal spd on Jakob. Miracle on Ninian was simply there because I didn't have moonbow/luna fodder but it's already showing its worth over them. Strategy was fairly straightforward. Leave Marisa and Boey in the frontlines to soak up hits, debuff with Jakob, provide maximum support with Ninian, and back off as needed. The end of this was different than the how I first cleared it. The armor never managed to get on a defensive tile and therefore went down considerably faster. Not sure what went differently but oh well.

Music this time around was "Varia 10 Years Later," "Ruby Mix (BBTAG Special)," and "Scraper Sky High"

Running Fury on Raven has saved my life countless times. Even with double LaD, his defenses aren't THAT bad, but with Fury, I can usually safely bait specific characters. HECK. The other day a +10 Reinhardt (can't remember what kind of buffs/build) went after him, and he served the attack with 1 HP. I was pretty floored. XD 

Your clear was really fun to watch! Excellent choice of music. I haven't watched RWBY in so long... But the music is so hype. I need to see if I can download some to listen to on my runs. Five Finger Death Punch will do for now. I love seeing people using characters like Marisa. They don't always get a lot of love...but I know I've invested a lot in my Joshua. Also, Close Counter Boey is SO tempting. I've been thinking so hard about who I wanna' give close counter too, and he's on the list. Gah. It's such a hard choice. What's your Boey's nature? XD He performed really well here. That last guy though. He just didn't want to die.

I actually managed this on my first try. However I wanted to see how making videos worked and promptly failed multiple times before I managed to succeed again. Anna and Alfonse arent very impressive units, but I feel they more than managed to pull their weight here. And it felt really good finishing all their quests in one go. 

Also showing of my main unit as a bonus. 

1 hour ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

She's probably my all time favorite lady character....

I'm curious, since I don't know anything about most characters. I only know her voice in Heroes makes me cringe from time to time, she is the fastest and an overall great unit and I want a spare copy for Flashing Blade

1 hour ago, Falter said:

Also showing of my main unit as a bonus. 

Wow, that's the coolest Valter I've seen so far. At least I'm not the only one killing Ikes for HB. With Galeforce equipped I'd welcome him to my team anytime. 

23 hours ago, mampfoid said:

It's worth the 7 minutes though, I just love how you bring units like Jakob, Boey and Marissa and make this stuff look easy!

I didn't remember Marissa so tanky, but she holds the line like a champ. Good use of CC, Boey for sure is a good candidate for it. 

Also my first time I see Ninian in action, now I'm tempted to make 1-2 pulls for her ... but I have been too lucky with her banner so far. 

Congratulations! 

Aww thanks.

Marisa can reach hp comparable to the inflated hp stats of enemy units and on top of that has pretty good defense. Give her some support from drive def and leave her on a defensive tile and she’ll never go down. She looks fragile but is really one of the more sturdy sword users.

I saw the pull you did by the way. No Ninian but I’m pretty jealous of that Sonya.

20 hours ago, kirauza343 said:

NegativeExponents- A+++++++++ for both Marisa (who deserves more love because she is amazing) and the RWBY mix! It's also nice to see other lesser used characters like Jakob or Boey put to good use.

Jakob and Boey are units I’ve been wanting to use forever but just haven’t because they weren’t built. Thanks to that free Takumi, Boey is now the fortress he always dreamt of becoming.

Marisa is amazing. I’m starting to understand the joys of using her. Talking about Marisa... yours is amazing! And so is your clear. That was close one near the end where you barely did enough damage to get rid of that red mage.

2 hours ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Running Fury on Raven has saved my life countless times. Even with double LaD, his defenses aren't THAT bad, but with Fury, I can usually safely bait specific characters. HECK. The other day a +10 Reinhardt (can't remember what kind of buffs/build) went after him, and he served the attack with 1 HP. I was pretty floored. XD 

Your clear was really fun to watch! Excellent choice of music. I haven't watched RWBY in so long... But the music is so hype. I need to see if I can download some to listen to on my runs. Five Finger Death Punch will do for now. I love seeing people using characters like Marisa. They don't always get a lot of love...but I know I've invested a lot in my Joshua. Also, Close Counter Boey is SO tempting. I've been thinking so hard about who I wanna' give close counter too, and he's on the list. Gah. It's such a hard choice. What's your Boey's nature? XD He performed really well here. That last guy though. He just didn't want to die.

Yeah, I guess Raven has some bulk to him. I think it’s because mine is -def that I think of him as fragile. Being able to survive a Reinhardt is hardcore even if Raven is a green.

That makes one of us then. I have never watched RWBY at all. The only reason I know the mix I used is because it’s in BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle. If it counts as anything Ruby is my favorite character to use. I just dig her moveset. Maybe I should get around to seeing the show.

Oh, out of curiosity how is your Joshua built? I’ve been wanting to do something with mine but there’s so many ways it could go that I’m not sure what to do with him.

Close counter Boey is best Boey. His nature is +atk/-hp. I guess +def might be better for these purposes but I would like for him to actually kill stuff not just wall it.

13 hours ago, mampfoid said:

@Alexmender Thanks! Sorry to hear that your Eirika clear didn't work out as planned. Also Micaiah is enjoyable to watch though, congrats! 

That green Cav was killed with 100% of its HP, otherwise Micaiah wouldn't have been able to keep Swordbreaker active. 

Perhaps the true solo would have been faster with cancel affinity instead of Swordbreaker? 

Thanks! Well, I knew I'd need more than a Wo Dao at some point because lots of GHB/BHB lean heavily towards a certain movement type (with armors being too bulky at times just like in this BHB) and shield skills are rare. It may be costly but I'm sure the benefits will outweight the feather costs. 

That's where the Drive Atk seal worked wonders! I've seen many videos with people using Atk Spur 1 for clutch kills but I always wonder why they aren't using Drive Atk as it is strictly better if both are at rank 1. 

Actually Swordbreaker can only be swapped with Lancebreaker because Micaiah needs to double the fliers, otherwise one will slip through and Guidance will ensure the armors swarm the team. 

10 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

What happened to Eirika's hair?

It became white from all the stress of using dark magic above her rank. She had to dump the horse because it make her dizzy and she would fall often and also change to light magic to slowly heal from being exposed too much time to the dark arts.