Pokemon Crystal-Finally!

Dai

I'm sure a lot of folks won't quite care too much, but Pokemon Crystal is going to be on virtual console in late January. You'll apparently be able to get Celebi, too. I plan on picking it up, though I'll need to redo Pokemon Yellow so I can get all of the Pokemon.

Here is the original Nintendo of America message.

Personally, I probbably won't pick it up, but then again, I remember the argument that the Crystal version of the Battle tower is the hardest Player VS Event battling area in any pokemon game other than playing Pokemon stadium 1's round 2 with rentals or the one event (Battle Arena)  in the Emerald Battle Frontier that prevented switching. we shall not speak of battle palace

On the other hand I don't really want to put myself against the Perfect DV monstrosities again. Stadium and Stadium 2 were enough>< I'd probbably get frustrated and cheese it with toxic/rest strategies. Not a very productive use of my time.

30 minutes ago, LaserDuda said:

Does anyone know how you can get Celebi through Pokemon Crystal on the VC? I was thinking it probably had to do with Pokemon Bank.

I'm pretty sure Celebi is probably going to unlocked in the game. The trailer did said that Celebi is going to be encountered.

Edited by King Marth 64

I knew waiting out the GS VC release was gonna be worth it for Crystal!

Now, I wonder if the Gold/Silver Celebi event thing within SM/USUM is gonna apply to Crystal? If it does, then I'd have seriously 4 Celebis. 1 from the HGSS event, 1 from the Pokebank event, and then the one from getting Crystal and the one from the event within Crystal..

In any case, I plan to shiny hunting Celebi within Crystal, assuming they don't randomly exclude the GS ball event from the English version or randomly make it shiny-locked despite it not being so in the original.

2 hours ago, King Marth 64 said:

I'm pretty sure Celebi is probably going to unlocked in the game. The trailer did said that Celebi is going to be encountered.

I didn't notice that, but you have a point. It'll be interesting to see if we got easy access to another Mythical.

HGSS are some of my favorite Pokemon games, so this should be pretty fun.

Serebii noted the method for the Japanese version (going to the Pokemon Comunication Center in Goldenrod after beating the Elite 4), but it's unknown how it will be on the Western version.
The game was massively different between versions, so how everything will work out will be different. (I'm also curious how the Odd Egg event will works out as well.)

The GS Ball was (one of) the first Mystery Gift Event after all.

That's also interresting for the future re-releases (especially Mew on Emerald.) 

I admit I'm really interrested about coming back to Crystal.

• 3 weeks later...

By the way, does anyone know if the Mew glitch from the Generation I games are in the Generation II games? I can might obtain a Mew in Crystal like I did in the Red version.

5 hours ago, King Marth 64 said:

By the way, does anyone know if the Mew glitch from the Generation I games are in the Generation II games? I can might obtain a Mew in Crystal like I did in the Red version.

There is a glitch or two that let you obtain any Pokemon in the Gen 2 games, so yes, you could get a Mew. Just do some digging on Google.