The Original Commercial...the search for the opera troupe

KusanagiShiro

I would like to propose a community effort to uncover who performed the famous Fire Emblem commercial song in the 1980s. The identity off the performers remains a mystery even to this day, and I dare say it may be one of the franchises greatest Unsolved Mysteries (TM).

Early on I had initially suspected the world-famed Takarazuka Revue of being involved, but I am not entirely sure they would be the performer in the commmercial. For one, the Takarazuka Revue is all-female, and some of the voices seemed to this ear to be male baritone. So IF the Revue WAS involved, it would have to mean the performers lip synched the commercial while actual opera singers performed the parts.

What does the community think of this theory? I mean, if Link was played by a teenage girl in the famed Zelda: Link to the Past commercial, it could happen.

It's a bit early to say, but I think the mystery isn't actually that complex ^^

According to an old interview done at the time of Binding Blade, the opera group involved in the original commercial was Tokyo Nikikai (referred to as just Nikikai [二期会] in the interview). At least, that's what I understand. This detail was revealed since both games shared the exact same song for their commercials.

Japanese fans have probably known about this for decades (considering I got most of this info from their Wikipedia) XD

Edited by VincentASM