Smash 5: What if/Wants discussion

Jedi

I'm hoping the entire roster of Smash 4 returns, it was such a good roster and it would be a shame to cut anyone. I would understand if they had to cut 3rd-party characters, though, but I'd still expect at least Sonic, Mega Man, and Pac-Man to return. Hopefully they'll bring back Wolf and the Ice Climbers. As for new characters, I really hope Lyn is finally added as a playable character, it's about time she got her Super Smash Bros. dues! I'd also like to see another Kid Icarus rep, either Medusa or Magnus, and I'd like to see Dixie Kong and Daisy. If they add another 3rd-party character...I'd like to see Crash Bandicoot. Since they're bringing the Crash N. Sane Trilogy to Switch, I feel like he's got a legitimate shot.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Custom moves to be all available from the start.

An SSE-style mode (heck doesn't even need the cutscenes, just side-scrolling beat-em up stages).

Trophies that don't spoil plot twists by their simple existence.

• 1 month later...

I like the Gamma stage idea you got there.

For characters, I’d wanna see Alm (or Celica), Tiki, Decidueye, Paper Mario, Takamaru, Ayumi Tachibana, the kid from Ever Oasis, Dillon, Sora (unlikely as it is), Sakura Samurai (lemme know if the actual name is somethings no else, because I don’t know it.), Mallo, Impa, Rex and Pyra (however they’d play), and Crash Bandicoot.

While I liked the Classic mode in 4, I agree that the old Classic mode should come back. So should Adventure, and it doesn’t have to be like SSE (although I’d like it if it was).

I also liked Target Blast, by the SSB64 and Melee Target Test should definitely come back, with a kickin’ remix of the Melee version’s music.

And hell, even Board the Platforms and Race to the Finish, both of which like SSB64 and Melee Target Test (by which I mean each map caters to each character’s abilities).

At first I thought you were referring to a Mega Man stage based on the final battle against Gamma in MM3. Which could be totally awesome.

Some changes I'd like made over the past couple games:

• Give Ganondorf his own moveset based on material from the Zelda series. He deserves better than being the knockoff of a B-list meme magnet. He's got swords, a trident, and various magical abilities. Use them!
  • I feel it's time some other characters got revised movesets as well. Donkey Kong should get a barrel-throwing neutral special, it was his original move after all. He could also use a barrel cannon in his recovery instead of that wonky helicopter spin.
  • Better custom specials. Smash 4 was rife with lazy variant specials, understandable with a character like Captain Falcon who only had so much material to work with in the first place but inexcusable for fighters like Mario and Link whose vast libraries offer plenty of material to draw from for alternate specials.

Now for a couple hopeful additions:

• Four custom specials - On top of revised special selections, I'd like to see each character get an additional special option per slot. Fighters like Mario and Link again have a lot of material to draw from, and even characters with less material can draw from outside sources, like Duck Hunt adapting Hogan's Alley and Wild Gunman or Villager borrowing from Balloon Fight of all games.
  • Shield Specials - Ever since the original Smash we had Shield + Attack as the Grab combination, but Shield + Special has yet to see any use. My first inclination is that this could become a standard Counter for every character so Marth and certain other characters no longer have that edge, but it would also be a good slot for defensive specials like Fox's Reflector, Ness' PSI Magnet, and Wii Fit Trainer's Deep Breathing.

I've already stated my desire to see Shantae finally join the roster. I would love if her stage had a Secret Taunt feature like Palutena's Temple where Shantae could talk to her friends (and enemies!) about the various fighters she meets. Obviously that would include a conversation about another Shantae, inevitably leading to Nega Shantae getting referenced.

Edited by Lord_Brand

On 8/5/2018 at 3:23 AM, Lord_Brand said:

• Shield Specials - Ever since the original Smash we had Shield + Attack as the Grab combination, but Shield + Special has yet to see any use. My first inclination is that this could become a standard Counter for every character so Marth and certain other characters no longer have that edge, but it would also be a good slot for defensive specials like Fox's Reflector, Ness' PSI Magnet, and Wii Fit Trainer's Deep Breathing.

this is a very strange idea

What if Smash 5's Adventure mode played out sort of like a board game, where each space is a level and each character has a starting point? When two characters or parties cross paths, we get a cutscene or conversation and they either join forces or battle, depending on their relationship (friendly characters will join forces, rivals will battle, and friendly rivals will battle then join forces). When characters or parties join forces, they become playable together in future levels and move around the map as a single unit with a designated leader. When two or more characters battle, the winners decide the result (you may gain different rewards depending on which fighter or team wins).

Addressing a couple thoughts before adding my own...

On 12/15/2017 at 2:50 AM, Glennstavos said:

Competitive gameplay concerns

Hide contents

Fix ledge options so that the dude recovering is more at risk. I feel like you have too many viable options in Smash 4 once you grab the ledge. This has really been an issue since Melee, but Brawl and Smash 4 have the generous ledge snap windows on recovery moves. As well as recovery moves just being all around way too good when combined with the slow fall speeds. But focusing on Smash 4, the four ledge options just give you too many invulnerability frames, and the position of characters at their point of vulnerability with each option is too wide spread. Attacks with long lasting hitboxes just aren't wide enough to cover them all, you've gotta read something or go for a ledge trump mixup that is not at all guaranteed. I prefer ledge trumps to the ledge hogging of previous games, but there needs to be more nuance if you want to avoid having this mechanic too strong or too weak. Ledge hogging is so strong that it feels unfair and opens up the possibility of infinite stalling, ledge trumps are too weak because the guy recovering can buffer an option past it. There's gotta be a medium design here.

Fix DI. It shouldn't be two different methods depending on vertical and non-vertical knockback angles. DI was so ineffective against vertical moves that those sorts of combo attacks and throws were disproportionately dominant. Making combo games too samey and boring to watch. And non vertical knockback moves were generally ignored if they had no combo or kill potential.

L-cancelling...but nerfed. I love cancelling lag with a timed input. It's like active reloads in a shooter. But cutting landing lag in half is way too much. Cut it by a quarter instead. Make L cancels good, but not so much that casual players feel forced to learn it. Because most of their multiplayer is online with potentially unstable connections.

Make it so characters can fall off ledges when blocking attacks. This will force more ledge play into a match, as well as make it less safe to be on a platform above your opponent. Because in that scenario, holding shield was always great because it's not like they can grab you from down there. And forced tumbles from a platform allow the attacker to start a lock combo.

Fix hitstun cancels. Okay, so they have been improved 1000% since Brawl, but it still seems arbitrary that all characters can throw out an airdodge at this same time frame of ~45 frames after getting launched. It totally dictates what kill setups are guaranteed. And why should Air dodge be the earliest action allowed? Air dodges are really safe and more importantly aren't that big of a commitment for the victim. If you want to keep the idea of hitstun cancelling in Smash, then I propose either limiting air dodges to one use per air time, or creating a new aerial recovery move for this scenario. The aerial recovery would let you dodge right or left (mixups!), but it's limit once per air time (maybe have it consume your double jump as well) and does not allow you access to aerials or specials until you complete the flipping animation. Also, limit its use to when you're launched by attacks that are strong enough they induce tumble. Since air recoveries during low% combos would be Brawl levels of jank.

Is it safe to assume you liked Melee? Almost everything quoted here is more or less from Melee - even the directional Air Dodges that put you into a Helpless state(don't know if you were intentionally referencing them with that 'new once-per-airtime sideways aerial recovery' or not, but you did reference them) - so I had to ask. Now to actually address these.
Frankly, I don't think we'll ever get a truly balanced Ledge, no matter how much work anyone puts into fixing it. Personally, I'd make you able to toggle between the two Ledge options(whether or not you can grab Ledge if someone else is already on it), so you can shut Ledge Trumps off for tournament players or switch them on for your average family party(because trying to play any of the earlier three Smash games with a seven-year-old is a nightmare).
I never realized DI worked differently for Sm4sh than the others, I always just try to go to the corner and never really run into trouble, so I won't argue this point due to clear lack of expertise in the matter.
Agreed that cutting landing lag in half is too good...for some characters. Some moves, though, have such bad landing lag that if you cut it any less it wouldn't be terribly noticeable. If we can, I'd want L-Cancels to differ from character to character, but I think I agree with the reduction in the cut for an across-the-board system.
I think this was in Melee, but I'm not sure. I'm all for it either way, though.
As I already mentioned, in Melee Air Dodges can be moved in any direction, meaning you can even use them to help recover if you don't want to grab Ledge since you can Air Dodge up and sideways. They also put your character into a Helpless State after use, meaning of course that you can't use Attacks or Specials until you hit the floor, and you can't use them out of tumble, meaning they can't be used as hitstun or knockback cancelling - you have to wiggle the stick to force yourself out of tumble, then use Air Dodge if you want to stop your knockback.
Also...

On 12/15/2017 at 2:50 AM, Glennstavos said:

As they play Melee, Sakurai talks about how much it means to him that people are still playing this game for so many years.

I'm pretty sure Sakurai's been avoiding Melee's popularity for years(it's definitely looked like it), so I doubt he'd be talking about how happy he is to hear we still insist on using it as our Smash Tournament Go-To seventeen years after it came out, more than both its successors. I could be wrong, though.

On 1/23/2018 at 1:36 AM, Florete said:

Samus her actual light and dark suit (and others), etc.

I assume you mean aesthetically, since every Samus palette swap besides Green(and the Dark Samus alt of course) is based off of her other suits? If so, heck yeah, if they can fit the time to add that detail, do it.

On 5/7/2018 at 10:19 PM, Perkilator said:

Sora (unlikely as it is)

KH Sora? He might be more possible than we think, considering Sakurai has mentioned that recent, popular, or upcoming games do tend to be a focus with him for newcomers and KH3 is(supposedly Nomura you freaking troll) coming out really soon. However unlikely he is, I'll still keep my fingers crossed, and hey, we still have Smash Flash 2 in any case(at least until they shut Flash down).

As for my thoughts, for the most part I'm kind of done complaining about things we did or didn't get seeing as how Sakurai gets enough flak from the community anyways, so no mechanics wishlist from me right now bar what I've already mentioned, plus my ultimate(and obviously delusional) hope: The capability to switch between physics engines of the Smash of our choice, allowing 5mash to function like any of the previous Smash games but with an improved roster and stage selection so the Melee players can still strike everything but FD, Battlefield and Pokemon Stadium. Roster changes...uh, if I posted my ideal Roster someone might actually find my house and lynch me, so I'll limit it to three relatively calm things:

• Take out at least half the Mario Reps before adding any more Mario characters;
  • Remove Pac-Man, Duck Hunt, and Wii Fit;
  • I'd love to see a Mishima, Sakurai, especially when you said you were going to add Heihachi but didn't.

Oh, and one last thing...give us this bad-a instead of Dark Samus. I don't care how, I don't care where, it could be an Assist, a Boss, or even a regular Trophy, just recognize it again plz.

48 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

Is it safe to assume you liked Melee?

I quit Melee, lol. Fun gameplay, but after a few years I had had enough of the same matchups and trying to make low tiers work. Project M and Smash 4 are much more interesting and I quit both of those as well. Still love Smash, I'm just very opinionated on what works from each game.

Almost everything quoted here is more or less from Melee - even the directional Air Dodges that put you into a Helpless state(don't know if you were intentionally referencing them with that 'new once-per-airtime sideways aerial recovery' or not, but you did reference them) - so I had to ask. Now to actually address these.
Frankly, I don't think we'll ever get a truly balanced Ledge, no matter how much work anyone puts into fixing it. Personally, I'd make you able to toggle between the two Ledge options(whether or not you can grab Ledge if someone else is already on it), so you can shut Ledge Trumps off for tournament players or switch them on for your average family party(because trying to play any of the earlier three Smash games with a seven-year-old is a nightmare).
I never realized DI worked differently for Sm4sh than the others, I always just try to go to the corner and never really run into trouble, so I won't argue this point due to clear lack of expertise in the matter.
Agreed that cutting landing lag in half is too good...for some characters. Some moves, though, have such bad landing lag that if you cut it any less it wouldn't be terribly noticeable. If we can, I'd want L-Cancels to differ from character to character, but I think I agree with the reduction in the cut for an across-the-board system.
I think this was in Melee, but I'm not sure. I'm all for it either way, though.
As I already mentioned, in Melee Air Dodges can be moved in any direction, meaning you can even use them to help recover if you don't want to grab Ledge since you can Air Dodge up and sideways. They also put your character into a Helpless State after use, meaning of course that you can't use Attacks or Specials until you hit the floor, and you can't use them out of tumble, meaning they can't be used as hitstun or knockback cancelling - you have to wiggle the stick to force yourself out of tumble, then use Air Dodge if you want to stop your knockback.

Some of those are Brawl as well as Melee, actually. Like slipping off ledges when blocking, that I still really want to see return. 

In that post I was complaining about hitstun cancels. In Brawl, if your character is sent into a tumble state (any medium to high knockback move), then they can always air dodge after 13 frames, regardless of how many frames of hitstun that attack was supposed to deliver. This is the primary reason why Brawl has no true combos outside of moves that incur very low knockback like Metaknight's nonsense or various chain grabs. Combo based characters like Mario, Sheik, and Captain Falcon were virtually unplayable since their combos could all be escaped and nothing was guaranteed. They toned it down for Smash 4, but still left the mechanic in. Now, on high knockback launching moves, you must suffer about 40-45 frames before you get the ability to Air Dodge out of the rest of your hitstun. The actual amount of frames before you can cancel your hitstun scales with knockback, allowing combos and kill setups to exist where they didn't in Brawl. That's a good way to balance hitstun cancelling, I just think there's no point in keeping that tech in the game in the first place. I guess it creates more 50/50 scenarios, but otherwise ensures characters continue to live even longer and I tire of the two stock meta.

As for air dodges, I'd take the Brawl/Smash 4 version personally. I would just limit it to one air dodge per air time, like how you have one double jump per air time. Or if that's too harsh, have it refresh when you take a hit, like Up specials do. This is to make air dodging more commital. You don't have to put the character in special fall like it did in Melee. At the same time, I proposed a whole new version of the air dodge you can only perform when in hitstun. A super committal air recovery move you can perform to break out of a combo by bursting a bit in a chosen direction. This would put yourself into special fall. Thinking back on that suggestion, that seems way too powerful. Especially in the context of Smash 4. I hear a lot of people suggesting Smash 5 ought to have a special meter that allows for special actions at the cost of some meter. In which case, an air recovery to break combos sounds like a good suggestion for one of those actions.

As for DI in Smash 4, it's a weird blend between Melee/Brawl's system and the vectoring mechanic that was patched out of Smash 4. Honestly, I can't explain it without a freakin' chart to show you. Just know that DI almost totally doesn't affect kill percents on vertical knockback in Smash 4 and that annoys me. Vertical kill moves are too powerful, and vertical combos are too difficult to escape because you can't influence how far you go, only move a bit to the left and right. That's why spectators will tell you combo and kills setups look so "samey" in Smash 4. It's just pop the other guy directly upward with an attack and then Up air them, those are the most guaranteed combos so of course players opt for them. Smash 4 was also kind of fun with the vectoring system and I wouldn't mind that replacing DI since it's so easy to understand - hold the direction you want to influence. Low level players can understand that way better than the concept of pressing a perpendicular angle to the knockback they receive. And part of the joy of Smash over other fighters is having that influence when getting comboed.

melee ledges are unironically the most balanced. only fox comes close to making them broken but they're not. for anybody's reference, yeah you get 14 frames of invincibility, but if you choose anything you run out of invinicbikity really fast.

I already brought up Break the Targets in my original post, but I'm gonna double down. Do Break the Targets with character specific stages, but also make a level creator where people can make their own challenges and publish them. Same rules as Mario Maker, you have to be able to finish the level within the time limit and using the character you have designated. If they're going to go through the trouble of making a level editor in which you can share and download other people's stages, I think a Break the Targets mode would be easy to implement and really extend the life of the game.

2 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

I already brought up Break the Targets in my original post, but I'm gonna double down. Do Break the Targets with character specific stages, but also make a level creator where people can make their own challenges and publish them. Same rules as Mario Maker, you have to be able to finish the level within the time limit and using the character you have designated. If they're going to go through the trouble of making a level editor in which you can share and download other people's stages, I think a Break the Targets mode would be easy to implement and really extend the life of the game.

And it'd get used by absolutely no one.

1 hour ago, Jedi said:

And it'd get used by absolutely no one.

27 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

That was a needlessly pessimistic response. Care to explain?

I'm with Glennstavos here. It sounds like a fun feature that a lot of people - myself included - would probably use.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I think it'd be neat if Smash starting making greater use of stage enemies and bosses, the general rule being that enemies and bosses will attack all players and drop one or more items when defeated. Enemies and Bosses can be toggled on and off.

Okay, I'm gonna list off some wants, but with the caveat that none of them are "I want this character/stage/song in Smash".

• Bring back a story mode of some kind. This is the big one, because Smash 4's singleplayer content was REALLY lacking. If Mashpotato Samurai doesn't want to do cutscenes that's fine, but at the very least a collection of Kirby-style levels like SSE, but with more bosses and enemies from across Nintendo franchises, would be welcome. Might as well put all those Smash Run enemies to good use.
  • With the return of Story Mode, replace Smash 4's cumbersome and overly-randomized equipment system with Brawl's Sticker system- just perhaps with the stickers being re-claimable instead of lost forever when peeled off. Perhaps include a Special Smash mode where you can use your sticker-powered fighters in multiplayer, too.
  • With that, a Boss Battles mode that takes cues from recent Kirby games. Bosses get tougher halfway through the fight, and on Boss Battles' highest difficulty the final boss gets a new final phase they didn't have in the main story, like the Soul bosses from Kirby.
  • Revert Classic Mode to how it was in Melee and Brawl, just an arcade ladder against semi-random opponents, with a few minigames in-between, ending with a Master Hand/Crazy Hand battle. Preferably no Master Core, it takes up like half of Classic Mode's runtime and is an absolute slog to fight every time. Save drawn-out bosses for the above modes.
  • Lots of trophies to collect, from both console and handheld games. One thing I hated about Smash 4 was the weird segregation there. Bring back Trophy Boxes, too! Those were fun.
  • Revamp the shop system. Besides selling randomly-chosen trophies (and stickers), it could also sell a few one-time purchase items such as a few CDs, non-random trophies/stickers, parts for the Stage Builder, Mii Fighter equipment, maybe even a stage and a fighter.
  • Revert Stage Builder to a system more like Brawl's; built out of blocks instead of a difficult free-draw system, with a bunch of hazards like conveyor belts, spikes, and falling blocks.
  • Include hidden fighters' unlock conditions in the Challenges screen, so the player can get an idea of how to unlock a character without seeing who it is.
  • Item Switch should include Pokeball and Assist Trophy subpages.
  • Mii Fighters should have some more customization elements. Let speed, weight, hitbox size, ect. be decided by the player using a points allocation system instead of by the Mii's pre-built size. More custom move options, and maybe an in-game Mii Maker since the Switch's native Mii Maker is rather tucked-away. Perhaps also an option to make certain Mii Fighters selectable by the Random option, like how custom stages can be included in random stage select.
  • An option to rearrange the character select screen in whatever order we want. Everybody's got an idea of how they want it arranged, especially when clones and DLC characters get tacked onto the end of the roster instead of placed with their series, so this would be a pretty nice feature.
Edited by Anomalocaris

On 7/17/2018 at 10:11 AM, Arthur97 said:

I would say a decloned Lucina, but that's already deconfirmed, so at this point, can they at least change the idle stance?

Apparently, they changed Marth's idle stance, whilst retaining Lucina's.

Just finished Final Fantasy VI for the first time (it's also the first Final Fantasy game I decided to play) and it made me start wondering if Final Fantasy will have more exposure in Smash Ultimate. I didn't buy any of Final Fantasy's DLC for Smash 4 but to my understanding all that game got was Cloud, Midgar stage (with only FFVII's music) and three trophies right?

I recently found it interesting that at one point Sakurai or Square considered Terra Brandford for the Final Fantasy rep before settling for Cloud and while I don't expect another Final Fantasy/Square rep for Ultimate I do hope to maybe see an Assist Trophy summon, more songs from their other games and more collectible trophies of characters from other games even if it ends up being only trophies of Black Mage, Chocobo, Moogle, and Cactuar.

3 hours ago, Dai said:

Apparently, they changed Marth's idle stance, whilst retaining Lucina's.

But it's not Lucina's. She has a particular stance that she should have. Even Warriors got that part right.

3 hours ago, NSSKG151 said:

Just finished Final Fantasy VI for the first time (it's also the first Final Fantasy game I decided to play) and it made me start wondering if Final Fantasy will have more exposure in Smash Ultimate. I didn't buy any of Final Fantasy's DLC for Smash 4 but to my understanding all that game got was Cloud, Midgar stage (with only FFVII's music) and three trophies right?

I recently found it interesting that at one point Sakurai or Square considered Terra Brandford for the Final Fantasy rep before settling for Cloud and while I don't expect another Final Fantasy/Square rep for Ultimate I do hope to maybe see an Assist Trophy summon, more songs from their other games and more collectible trophies of characters from other games even if it ends up being only trophies of Black Mage, Chocobo, Moogle, and Cactuar.

In one of the interviews he considered Bartz & Onion Knight as well, although the rest of the series getting much might be a bit much to ask considering when Sakurai revealed the whole "Everyone is here video" and you saw the logos, it was clearly Final Fantasy 7's logo, not the general Final Fantasy logo.

So if FF gets more content it'll likely be more FF7.

2 hours ago, Jedi said:

In one of the interviews he considered Bartz & Onion Knight as well, although the rest of the series getting much might be a bit much to ask considering when Sakurai revealed the whole "Everyone is here video" and you saw the logos, it was clearly Final Fantasy 7's logo, not the general Final Fantasy logo.

Heard about Bartz being considered, didn't know about Onion Knight (nor do I know who he is). Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if FF7 was the sole focus for Final Fantasy again since Smash Bros tend to focus only on the most recent or the more popular games/characters for a franchise. Kind of hopeful though since Megaman shows most of their main characters (missing ZX but I think their main characters are not that popular) and the Sonic series has most of their characters shown as trophies though then again I don't know how strict Square is with licensing out their franchises.

Also, this is unrelated to the main topic but I couldn't help but notice your profile pic seems to be a certain character from Cold Steel but he is not sporting his usual 'black hair'. That seems very interesting if that is him.

1 hour ago, Jedi said:

On the other hand, the series logo in-game is just FF, which to me says that there's some consideration for the rest of the series. FFV is my favorite, but Terra is definitely a better pick for another FF representative.

Anyway, in terms of actual things I want in game, I only have two real wishes:

1. Bring back Bonus Matches from Melee - an alternative from Stock and Time matches, this mode scored players based on bonuses for fighting in certain ways (like say, KOing two opponents in one move). What I liked best about this is how dynamic it is, and encourages players really get into the fight instead of doing things like running away as the timer runs out. This was the best mode for Team Battles.
  2. On/Off switch for characters when picking Random - Tied to each player's name, you'd have the ability to turn on or off characters that could appear if you pick random. That way, you can set it to your favorites and jump around between them.

On 7/18/2018 at 9:42 PM, NSSKG151 said:

Heard about Bartz being considered, didn't know about Onion Knight (nor do I know who he is). Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if FF7 was the sole focus for Final Fantasy again since Smash Bros tend to focus only on the most recent or the more popular games/characters for a franchise. Kind of hopeful though since Megaman shows most of their main characters (missing ZX but I think their main characters are not that popular) and the Sonic series has most of their characters shown as trophies though then again I don't know how strict Square is with licensing out their franchises.

Also, this is unrelated to the main topic but I couldn't help but notice your profile pic seems to be a certain character from Cold Steel but he is not sporting his usual 'black hair'. That seems very interesting if that is him.

Onion Knight would be a class and main character from FF3, basically the progenitor game to all the class changing stuff from 5, Tactics & 10-2 came  from. Also in Megaman's case it doesn't show Zero either despite his actual popularity so I think they just wanted to focus on the MEGAMEN and added Protoman and Bass as bonuses. 

It is that very same dude, but to say more would unfortunately be impossible right now :p. 

On 7/18/2018 at 10:05 PM, Johann said:

On the other hand, the series logo in-game is just FF, which to me says that there's some consideration for the rest of the series. FFV is my favorite, but Terra is definitely a better pick for another FF representative.

Anyway, in terms of actual things I want in game, I only have two real wishes:

1. Bring back Bonus Matches from Melee - an alternative from Stock and Time matches, this mode scored players based on bonuses for fighting in certain ways (like say, KOing two opponents in one move). What I liked best about this is how dynamic it is, and encourages players really get into the fight instead of doing things like running away as the timer runs out. This was the best mode for Team Battles.
  2. On/Off switch for characters when picking Random - Tied to each player's name, you'd have the ability to turn on or off characters that could appear if you pick random. That way, you can set it to your favorites and jump around between them.

Bonus Matches were super fun, because everyone played like a goon just to get them. I agree I want it back too.